Nedunuri Krishnamurthy

Carnatic Musicians
kvchellappa

Re: Nedunuri Krishnamurthy

Post by kvchellappa »

CRama

Post by CRama »

Just curious to know what the term Nedunuri stands for- is it his village name or family name. Anybody may kindly enlighten me.

harimau

Post by harimau »

CRama wrote:Just curious to know what the term Nedunuri stands for- is it his village name or family name. Anybody may kindly enlighten me.
Inti peru.

shankarank

Re:

Post by shankarank »

mahesh3 wrote: 12 Jan 2007, 19:20 http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/12/29/stor ... 850300.htm.

"Nedunuri recalls with embarrassment how, as an inexperienced, young performer, he had presented a disproportionately elaborate exposition of Ahiri, a minor raga, before a stalwart like Semmangudi! "While appreciating my creative ability, he affectionately cautioned me to properly understand the range and scope of a raga. This is a lesson to youngsters. Proportion in music is very important."

Surutti...downloading it now. Prashant, many thanks for these uploads. :)
Well, Semmangudi mama never countenanced another vidvan singing too much! A particular vidvan once confided that "Semmangudikku aduttava romba pAdinA pidikkadu". He got the same question from Mama. "Ennada ivvaluvu nEram paDarey!" - why you are singing for so much time?" for a rAgA like karaharapriya. The vidvan later heard Mama himself sing it - and reported "he has sung for 1 hour and he didn't like me singing for long!" :D

What about Surutti as main or kedaragoWLa? Sri Lalgudi made the former in two KGS concerts one with gItaRtamu and another with Sri venkata girISam.

And the latter is a Nedunuri staple with tulasi bilva!