Nedunuri Krishnamurthy

Carnatic Musicians
mahesh_narayan

Post by mahesh_narayan »

Today, Oct 10, is his birthday. I open this topic on him wishing him a very happy birthday and wishing that his magic will reign for a long time to come. What a vidwan......coming from a remote village in AP, he overcame the foreigner factor in tamilnadu, when giants like SSI were still kings. Assiduously assimilating kritis and polishing them with his rich embellishments, he made raga alapana manodharma and kriti rendition a listeners delight. No pidi, gamakam or kriti of his is ever rough, it is always smooth as silk. With a voice that obeys his command, he loses himself once the sruti is tuned, as he himself has said, and pours out divine music. When I think of him, only two words come to me........refinement (what he exemplifies) and gratitude (for what he has given us). May God give him the strength, will, and opportunity to give us more !!!.

Radhakrishnan

Post by Radhakrishnan »

Happy Birthday Nedunuri garu!
As mentioned by Mahesh,he overcame the ‘foreigner factor’ in Tamil Nadu.
I recall two of his concerts,SK concert at M.A(is it available commercially?) and one at the M.A mini hall.About to conclude the concert,he said is ready to sing any requested songs and came nAnAti batuku!
Telugu compositions does sound musical when he renders.

arasi

Post by arasi »

May the Almighty grant him many more healthful years!
Mahesh_narayan, you have said it well. There is refinement, sogasu and tIrmAnam in his singing. A shanmukhapriyA RTP he sang about 20 years ago is still fresh in my mind...

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Long live Nedunuri and his music.

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Longlive Nedanuri Sir,
His Bhavanutha(Mohanam) was just superb. He popularised Janaki Ramana( Kaapi) which I suppose was his master piece. I have an old concert recordings in which his Kalyani alapana, followed by Ethavu Nnaara of Thyagaraja rendered with lovely Swaraprastrams is really delightful.

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

His mukhAri has been praised on more than one occasion - notably, his nereval in Papanasam Sivan's "Sivakaamasundhari".

humdinger

Post by humdinger »

Long live nedunuri gAru!
his rendering of slOkam in concerts is very famous. Here is an all time favourite of mine from an NNK-LGJ-UKS concert. simply awesome!
http://rapidshare.de/files/36194622/12_ ... a.mp3.html

Note: I will delete the link if any copyright issues are involved.
Last edited by humdinger on 10 Oct 2006, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

prashant

Post by prashant »

I was blessed to get a chance to speak briefly with the great master today. Even though his body is frail, the voice is still the same: sonorous with great fluidity and timbre. Wishing him a Happy Birthday and sound health in the years to come.

PS: I have never heard him sing niraval in 'sivakAmasundari'.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Being a disciple of him for many years and having also accompanied him for many years, always I need his blessings
and wish him a very long life and good health to serve the cause of Music. amsharma.
Last edited by msakella on 11 Oct 2006, 03:53, edited 1 time in total.

hsuvarna

Post by hsuvarna »

A great singer and treasure of carnatic music. He served the field very well as a singer, administrator and as a guru.
composing music for 108 annamacharya kirtanas, some narayna teertha tarangaalu and some rare tyagarja kritis was awsome.
May god bless him and us with healthy life for the great man from pithapuram.

prashant

Post by prashant »

Nice to see the senior violinist Vidwan Sri Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma here. He provided super accompaniment to Nedunuri Garu during his 80s US tour with Sri Kamalakar Rao.

mahesh_narayan

Post by mahesh_narayan »

I have a couple of concerts from that tour - from BSS Montreal. Awesome !!!. Vachaspati followed kandajudumi and swaras are breathtaking. Also mokshamu galada. You are right, Shri. Sharma has provided super accompaniment. So has Shri. Kamalakar Rao. His playing sounds different than other Palghat Mani students like PRR or UKS.

One of Nedunuri garu's finest alapanas that I have heard is a Todi alapana for Ninne namminanu (shanmukhananda??). A couple more - a sahana alapana for raghupate rama, a detailed kannadagowla for sogasu juda, and an expansive devamanohari for evarikai.

Has Nedunuri garu rendered Dikshitar's navavarnams in any of his concerts?

jayaram

Post by jayaram »

Sri Nednunuri gave a memorable concert in Pittsburgh in the mid-90s. I was sitting right in the front. He sang a brilliant Todi, and my enjoyment and joy must have showed on my face, for after the concert he told me my reaction helped him to perform even better! And he felt that was one of his best Todi of any time, and asked the organizers if he could get a copy of the concert!

That was a special moment for me. I have been trying to get hold of that concert for some time now, but haven't been successful so far.

A great artiste and a highly cultured gentleman. How I long to attend at least one more of his concerts...

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear Mr.prashant, Thanks a lot for having reminded me my concert-tour to Britain, Canada and US in 1980s accompanying my Guru, Sangita Kalanidhi Shri Nedunuri Krishna Murthy on Violin along with my friend Shri V.Kamalakara Rao on Mridangam. Thanking you once again,. Ever yours, amsharma.
prashant wrote:Nice to see the senior violinist Vidwan Sri Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma here. He provided super accompaniment to Nedunuri Garu during his 80s US tour with Sri Kamalakar Rao.

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

Prashant, the nereval was in an album apparently.

meena

Post by meena »

Deleted
Last edited by meena on 06 May 2008, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Literally, a moment of 'crowning' glory! (BMK will be presenting him a golden crown!)
'Ap jiyO hazArOn sAl, sAl kE din hO pachAs hazAr'!
Ravi

meena

Post by meena »

Deleted
Last edited by meena on 06 May 2008, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Thanks, Meena!

hsuvarna

Post by hsuvarna »

Thanks Meena. I was looking for it. Very very delighted to see our Sadguru felicitating Sri Nedunuri.

Btw, any info on the CDS released? Especially of Sri Voleti and Sri Sripada Pinakapani? Like the contents of the CDs.
Advance thanks for that info.

Veeraraghavan

Post by Veeraraghavan »

There were some links posted in vasya10.tripod.com of a video of Nedunuri, which are inactive. Can someone please upload and post the fresh links again ?

Regards,
Veera

meena

Post by meena »

veeraraghavan

welcome to the forum!

PLEASE do not request concerts/clips posted on other sites here. thanku

meena

Post by meena »

Deleted
Last edited by meena on 06 May 2008, 04:52, edited 1 time in total.

prashant

Post by prashant »

"endarO mahanubhAvulu, andariki vandanamu"

Wishing Nedunuri Garu good health in 2007 as he starts the year auspiciously presiding over the proceedings at MA on January 1, 2007.

jayaram

Post by jayaram »

A young Nedunuri-garu:

padren68

Post by padren68 »

An awesome rendition of Sadasiva Bhramendra Kriti
From the concert held by Music Club BGLY 16.08.74
Nedunuri - LGJ - Vellore Ramabadran
http://www.rogepost.com/n/4284320166

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

http://rapidshare.com/files/10911388/Al ... i.mp3.html

padren
Prashanth has given us OK to listen to these stuff.
obviously ,he is overwhelmed by the number of nednuri fans ...:D
Now only remember to fasten your seat belts , before listening to this (these)

prashant

Post by prashant »

mnsriram

Post by mnsriram »

A very different mOhana Alapana from a 1998 Warangal concert accompanied by Peri Srirama Muthy on the violin

http://file.uploadr.com/be37

mahesh_narayan

Post by mahesh_narayan »

I liked the Mohanam alapana. The Kalyani alapana sounded like a totally different Nedunuri garu. Very racy. Ater the 1960s, he must have added a lot of gamaka pidis to his raga alapanas. I have another kalyani alapana which I will try to upload later today. This one is strikingly different. One of the best kalyani alapanas I have heard of his is from his 1981 academy concert, for Ninnana Valasina. It displays his very fertile manodharma.

Coolkarni Sir, if you have any Nedunuri/Raghu clips, could you please upload a couple? Also any Nedunuri videos if you have any. Thanks.

shanks

Post by shanks »

Coolkarni wrote:

Now only remember to fasten your seat belts , before listening to this (these)
Wow, that was a fabulous kalyani; have never heard such a speedy alapana from him and with large dose of voleti style - he must have had a session with Voleti previous night or something.

The violinist was really at sea in trying to follow him - he should stayed away from trying to follow him entirely.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

http://rapidshare.com/files/11021328/nedn_01.MPG.html

Shanks
You will not find the young colt here..
Only the Vidwan
part two follows.Travelling in a passenger-train-kind of upload )

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

mahesh_narayan

Post by mahesh_narayan »

Thanks Coolkarni Sir,
Here is the kalyani from me:
http://ul66.rapidshare.com/files/110250 ... agayya.mp3

And here is a Mohanam:
http://rapidshare.com/files/11025293/Ar ... vachar.mp3
Last edited by mahesh_narayan on 10 Jan 2007, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.

prashant

Post by prashant »

RTP - kharaharapriyA from the 60s concert:

http://rapidshare.com/files/11029092/rA ... A.mp3.html

gravikiran

Post by gravikiran »

a small request - could uploaders please also use yousendit or rogepost?
rapidshare can be really messy for free accounts :-(
thanks for the wonderful music of nedunuri garu....

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

rogepost.
i was happy with that until i started getting messages like (cant find the server ) midway through an upload.anyone else had the same experience ?
anyway i will try yousendit .

jayaram

Post by jayaram »

cool-ji.
Please try and use store-and-serve: http://storeandserve.com/
I find it to be the best one out there.
Rogepost has been acting up of late.

prashant

Post by prashant »

I also had problems with rogepost yesterday - managed to upload the k'priya RTP after several attempts. Will try yousendit or the site mentioned by Sri Jayaram.

prashant

Post by prashant »

Continuing with the 60s Nedunuri - a little rough around the edges sometimes, but this is still a blazing bahudAri AlApanA:

http://storeandserve.com/download/68672 ... i.mp3.html
Last edited by prashant on 10 Jan 2007, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

humdinger

Post by humdinger »

I am not able to download from store and serve...it always says servers are busy :(

jayaram

Post by jayaram »

Oh-oh, someone must have cast the evil eye on this site too!
Looks like these sites have formed a union! :)

prashant

Post by prashant »

Let's continue the roundabout of file-sharing sites:

Rare tyAgarAjA krithi - anyAyamu sEyakurA - kApi

http://download.yousendit.com/BE51134F71EA8084

prashant

Post by prashant »

humdinger wrote:I am not able to download from store and serve...it always says servers are busy :(
So it will store, but not serve, eh? :-)

Let me know if you keep having problems. I will try uploading it somewhere else...

padren68

Post by padren68 »

Prashanth
This is the problem with most of the file sharaing services offered free. Rogepost works very well for me but other face problems. Similarly sendspace and storeandserve, I am unable to access at all:)
uploadr still works well I suppose. perhaps u can try that. Access problems are not there unlike rapidshare.
However the best till date is rapidshare in terms of speed, but the issue is bandwidth restrictions for free usage:)

prashant

Post by prashant »

http://file.uploadr.com/bedb

Another rare piece: erAtagu - kEdAragauLa

Shall we now move on to some more recent, but even more delectable selections?

humdinger

Post by humdinger »

Yes Prashant...it is still bugging me. please trouble yourself if u can re upload...i am sorry to bother u...but as they say...beg, buy or steal :)

And as far as my experience goes, rapidshare is the most reliable one. it takes a 1 hr break after certain amount of free down load, but i take it in a good way...it gives me time to listen and savour whatever was downloaded.

i still remember when people were complaining of too much downloading and of not enough discussion.

but to be fair to them yousendit, uploadr, rogepost were fairly stable....but this storeandserve was just hopeless.

humdinger

Post by humdinger »

and i think sangeethapriya mostly uses sendspace ...may be we can rely on their experience as well.

gravikiran

Post by gravikiran »

thank you sri coolkarni and prashant for your wonderful contributions of nedunuri sir's music. i love the way he tries to explore and exhaust every possible permutation at every stage of the alapana. an eye opener for students like me....thanks once again.

prashant

Post by prashant »

humdinger: I will re-upload the bahudAri AlApanA to uploadr and post the link

gravikiran: glad you are enjoying it. As you doubtless know, your Guru is also a die-hard Nedunuri fan :-)

Some more rare stuff coming up for all of you in the next few days... dhanyAsi, bilahari, Arabhi, bEgaDA etc. I am sure Coolkarniji will also post some gems - the video was awesome.