Tulsidas rare Bhajan lyrics

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
rshankar

Post by rshankar »

KMR - I will look for those texts from the links you've posted. Thank you!

S-P: Fortunately, I do not need the transliterated or translated texts that cost more!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

S-P - Lovely as that was, this earlier clip from the same school (probably choreographed by Sri Shankar Kandasamy as well) http://www.youtube.com/user/TFAvideo#p/ ... YF2eoz4nPE was absolutely fascinating, especially the sancAri to 'janaka sutAvaram' - the portrayal of 'aNNalum nOkkinAn avaLum nOkkinAL' was absolutely divine! It is interesting to see choreography borrow an incident from the kamba rAmAyaNam to illustrate a point in Sri Tulsidas' composition! According to the rAmcaritmAnas of Sri tulsidAs, sIta and rAma do not meet when she was playing with her sakhis, but when she went with her retinue to offer prayers at the temple of bhavAni, the kuladeivam of janaka. And keeping with the SI tradition, the bride and groom sit on an Unjal that is pushed....
Last edited by rshankar on 22 Jan 2010, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.

smala

Post by smala »

rshankar wrote:KMR - I will look for those texts from the links you've posted. Thank you!
Ravi, if you plan to order them from overseas, let me know.

nishgiri

Re: Tulsidas rare Bhajan lyrics

Post by nishgiri »

Dear Rasikas,
I'm looking for lyrics for Tulsidasji's bhajan that starts as "Deen ke dayal". Also if anyone could point me to someone's rendition of it, that will be a bonus.
Thank you so much!

Lakshman

Re: Tulsidas rare Bhajan lyrics

Post by Lakshman »

This is not a Tulsidas bhajan. It is a Shabad in punjabi by Garibdas. You will find the audio on page 2 here:

https://rssb.org/shabads2.html