Kalyani Swarajathi: Requesting Composer Info

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
rasaali

Kalyani Swarajathi: Requesting Composer Info

Post by rasaali »

Hello,

I had learnt a very nice Kalyani Swarajathi some time back. The sahityam starts with "Needu Gala" (or perhaps 'Neetu Gala'). My teacher said he did not know the composer of this piece. A couple of other people have mentioned this is an "old" piece with the composer unknown.

Any idea who the composer might be? At least whether this is a pre or post Trinity composition would be helpful. I am happy to post the entire sahityam if needed.

Thanks!

Lakshman

Re: Kalyani Swarajathi: Requesting Composer Info

Post by Lakshman »

The svarajati is available in the book - K.V.Srinivasa Iyengar's Adi Sangita Ratnavali - but the composer's name is not given.

rasaali

Post by rasaali »

Thank you Lakshmanji. Adi Sangita Ratnavali was, indeed, my source of the notation. It is a beautiful swarajathi with the charanas going ascending in order, akin to Bhairavi. Is there any evidence on whether or not this post-trinity?

venkat_2000

Post by venkat_2000 »

can someone please share the swara and sahitya for this song

vbvidya

Post by vbvidya »

mail me at vbvidya@gmail.com will send the pic of this swarajati.
am searching for the composer too.

balajij

Post by balajij »

Notations for this swarajathi are available at https://carnaticnotations.blogspot.com/ ... el/Kalyani