sri rAmachandra KripAlu....... Need Meaning

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
Indran

sri rAmachandra KripAlu....... Need Meaning

Post by Indran »

Dear Rasikas,
can any one give me the "sri rAmachandra kripAlu....." thulasi dAs Bhajan's word to word meaning please.

reg
Indran

Lakshman

Re: sri rAmachandra KripAlu....... Need Meaning

Post by Lakshman »

Here is the general meaning (from the net):

Lyrics of Sri Ram Chandra Kripalu Bhajman :

(With its English Translation)

Shriramachandra kripalu bhaju man haran bhavabhai darunam,
Navakanja-lochana, kanjamukha, kara kanja pada kanjarunam.

O my heart! Sing praises of Sri Ram, Who absolves the greatest fears due to the cycle of life and death, and Whose eyes, mouth, hands, and feet are like a newly blooming red lotus

Kandarpa aganita amit chavinava neel-neeraja sundaram,
Pata peet manahu tadita ruchi shuchi noumi, janaka sutavaram.

I bow to Sri Ram, Whose beauty cannot be compared with that of the cupid Kamdev, Whose pleasing appearance is beyond any measures, Whose body is like a newly formed dense blue cloud, Whose yellow robes are shining like lightening (on His cloud like body), Whose beauty is gleaming, and Who is the consort of the daughter of Janak (Sita)

Bhaju deenbandhu dinesh danav-daitya-vansha-nikandanam,
Raghunand anandakand koshalachandra dasharath-nanadanam.

Sing praises of Sri Ram, Who is the friend of poor, Who is the Lord of Sun, Who expurgated the lineage of demons from Danu and Diti, Who is the dear one of Raghu, Who is like a cloud of happiness, Who is like a moon for Kausalya, and Who is dear one of Dashrath

Sira mukuta kundala tilaka charu udaru anga vibhushanam,
Aajaanubhuja shara-chaapa-dhara, sangrama-jita-khara dushanam.

Sing praises of Sri Ram, Who has a beautiful crown on His head, Who is adorned with ear-hoops, Who has a beautiful colored mark (tilak) on His forehead, Who has expanded and beautiful organs decorated by ornaments, Who has long hands reaching His knees, Who holds a bow and an arrow, and Who defeated Khar and Dushan in a fierce battle

Iti vadati tulasidasa shankara-sesha-muni-mana-ranjanam,
Mama hridai kanja-nivaasa kuru, kaamaadi khala-dala-ganjanam

Tulsidas says this; Ram, the enticer of Shiv, Shesh (Sheshnag), and saints, reside in my lotus-like-heart and destroy the evils generated by desire

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

krishnaa

Post by krishnaa »

Indran, is the running meaning ok or you still need a word to word translation. If yes, i will put it up.

pramadoss

Post by pramadoss »

Hi!!!

Yes please....can you give me word to word meaning. Thank you!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Here you go:

SrI rAmacandra kRpAlu bhaju man haran bhava bhaya dAruNam |
nava kaMj lOcan kaMj mukh kar kaMj pad kaMjAruNam ||

श्री रामचन्द्र कृपालु भजु मन हरन भव भय दारुणम् |
नव कंज लोचन कंज मुख कर कंज पद कंजारुणम् ||

Oh mind (man), please worship (bhaju) the ever-compassionate (kRpAlu) Sri rAm (rAmacandra), who destroys (haran) the cruel and pitiless (dAruNam) fear (bhay) of this worldly existence (bhava). His eyes (lOcan) are like freshly (nava) blossomed lotuses (kaMj), his face (mukh) is like a lotus (kaMj), and so are his hands (kar). His feet have the redness (aruNam) of lotuses (kaMj) as well.

kandarp agaNit amit chabi nav nIl nIrad sundaram |
paT pIta manuhu taDit ruci Suci naumi janak sutAvaram ||

कन्दर्प अगणित अमित छबि नव नील नीरद सुन्दरम् |
पट पीत मनुहु तडित रुचि शुचि नौमि जनक सुतावरम् ||

His form (chabi) is better/more handsome (amit) than countless (agaNit) manmathas (kandarp); he is as beautiful (sundaram) as a newly-formed (nav) blue (nIl) cloud (nIrad) [1]. The yellow (pIt) fabric/garment (paT) (he wears) can be considered/looks like (mAnuhu) a tasteful (ruci) crack (taDita) of white (lightning) (Suci)! (Oh mind) bow down (naumi) to the groom (varam) of the daughter (sutA) of Janaka (janak).

bhaju dInbandhu dinES dAnav daitya vamS nikandanam |
raghunand Anand kand kOSal cand daSarath nandanam ||

भजु दीनबन्धु दिनेश दानव दैत्य वम्श निकन्दनम् |
रघुनन्द आनन्द कन्द कोशल चन्द दशरथ नन्दनम् ||

Worship (bhaju) the friend (bandhu) of the destitute (dIn), who is as resplendent as the Sun (diNES), who caused the destruction (nikandanam) of the dynasty of demons (dAnav daitya vaMS) [2]. He is the delight (nand) of the raghu dynasty (raghu), the root cause (kand) of bliss (Anand), the moon (cand) to his mother kausalyA (kOSal), the son (nandanam) of dasharth.

sir mukuT kuMDal tilak cAru udAr aMg vibhUshaNam |
AjAnubhuj Sar cAp dhar saMgrAm jit khar dUshaNam ||

सिर मुकुट कुंडल तिलक चारु उदार अंग विभूषणम् |
आजानुभुज शर चाप धर संग्राम जित खर दूषणम् ||

He looks charming (cAru) with a crown (mukuT) on his head (sir), earrings (kunDal), and a tilak, and ornaments (vibhIshaNam) on his handsome (udAr) limbs (aMg). Holding (dhar) a bow (cAp) and arrows (Sar) in his mighty arms (AjAnubhuj) [3], he defeated (jit) the demons, khar and dUshaN [4].

iti vadati tuLasIdAs SaMkar SEsh muni man raMjanam |
mam hRday kaMj nivas kuru kAmAdi khal dal gaMjanam ||

इति वदति तुळसीदास् शंकर शेष मुनि मन रंजनम् |
मम हृदय कंज निवस कुरु कामादि खल दल गंजनम् ||

This (iti) is (what) Tulsidas, the composer, said/spoke (vadati): Oh lord who captivates (raMjanam) the minds (man) of Siva (SaMkar), AdiSEsha (SEsh), and Rshis (muni), and is the destroyer (gaMjanam) of desire (kAm) and other (Adi) groups (dal) of vile (khal) thoughts, please reside (nivAs kuru) in my (mam) lotus (kaMj)-like heart (hRday)!

FOOTNOTES
[1] I learned this as nIrad (which is how Vid. Lata Mangeshkar sings it); in the Smt. MSS version, they sing it as nIraj = lotus - I think nIrad is appropriate - Sri OVK's nIrada sama nIla kRshNa, and the phrase 'jaladhara nIla samadyuti bAla' from Sri OVK's maNi nUpura dhAri use the same simile
[2] Both dAnav and daity are demons, but daity specifically refers to the children of diti and their offspring.....
[3] AjAnu = reaching down to the knees; so AjAnubAhu means someone whose arms extend to their knees - more of a simian than a human characteristic, if you ask me ;)
[4] khar and dUshan are the brothers of SUrpanakha who incited them to fight rAma and lakshmaNa to avenge her disfigurement

pramadoss

Post by pramadoss »

WOW shankar ji!! THANK YOU!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

pramadoss wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 05:25WOW shankar ji!! THANK YOU!
Glad to help.

RAVISHANKARA B

Re: sri rAmachandra KripAlu....... Need notation

Post by RAVISHANKARA B »

Respected Sir,
I need notations for Sri Ramachandra Kripalu Bhaja Mana Song. Thank You.My mail is
poojahavanam@gmail.com

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Sthayi

श्री राम चंद्र कृपालु भजमन
स रे ग - ग ग - ग, ग म - ग रे ग स नि

हरण भाव भय दारुणं
स रे रे ग म॑ प म॑ ग - रे स स

नवकंज लोचन, कंज मुख
स रे ग - ग ग - ग ग, म - ग रे ग

कर कंज पद, कन्जारुणम