Muthuswamy Dikshitar

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
sankark

Re: Muthuswamy Dikshitar

Post by sankark »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIQCuU ... Bp9-n603TQ

Nadajyoti Sri Muthuswamy Dikshitar - a channel hosting collection of MD kriti recitals

vilomachapu

Post by vilomachapu »

Tomorrow, 31st is Dikshitar's Jayanti. On this occasion I would like to request our forumite RaviSri to discuss Dikshitar's horoscope. Sir, I remember your discussing with me the horoscope thro e-mail a couple of years ago. You had done this many years ago in sangeetham.com also. Can you please do it here, for the sake of those who may be interested. Also the horoscopes of other composers and musicians?

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

Unfortunately we don't have the birth time of Dikshitar. I had written to you about this. I also mentioned this in sangeetham.com, 15 years ago. We just have the planetary positions without the Lagna. Dikshitar could have been born at any time between 9 A.M on 23rd March 1776 to 8 A.M. 24tha March. This is the duration of the Krittika star in that month (panguni). I'll however try to discuss some basic features of the chart.

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

If anyone has birth details of musicians I request them to post the details. Required details are: Date of Birth; Time of Birth; Place of Birth. I have the full details only of MS, MLV and MDR.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

RaviSri wrote: 02 Apr 2017, 19:21 Unfortunately we don't have the birth time of Dikshitar. I had written to you about this. I also mentioned this in sangeetham.com, 15 years ago.
Ravisri,
Do you have a copy of what you wrote in sangeetham.com where you can recyle like what I am doing . Or is it govindA govindA after the plug was pulled ?

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

Or is it govindA govindA after the plug was pulled ?
It is govinda govinda for my posts on the Bulletin Board. But certain articles I wrote, e.g., explanations for Navavarana kritis of Dikshitar and certain humorous articles during the seasons of 2001 02 and 03 I have copies of. I can recount what I wrote regarding Dikshitar's horoscope which I'll do tomorrow. I had pointed out in my post that I had 'discovered' that Dikshitar was born in the year 1776 and not 1775 as was widely believed then, especially after the Music Academy celebrated 1975 as his birth bicentenary. Working backwards on the fact that Dikshitar was born in the year 'manmatha' (and also died in the year manmatha 60 years later), I had arrived at 1776. With the help of an astrological software i found that he was born on 23 or 24th March (krithika star) between 9 A.M. on 23rd and 8 A.M. on 24th. RKShriramkumar encouraged me to discuss the horoscope in detail. But before I could post two or three of my observations, I was confronted by two naysayers who found fault with my analysis. On their part they came up with some ridiculous analysis of the horoscope. I decided that Dikshitar should not be put to such difficulties and I stopped.

Many articles that I wrote, including Shyama Sastri's and Subbaraya Sastri's life, about the 5 panchabhuta sthalams all are lost. As were a large number of Raga Appreciation articles which I personally consider valuable and which were written by me alone, though it was mentioned that there was a "Raga Appreciation Team". But........... there it is.... Fate. Dikshitar's life story written by me as 'Eternal Pilgrim' survives in some website.