Ogirala VeeraRaghavaSharma- GAyathri Devi upAsakA

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

I have uploaded shrIkAMta sOdarI in rAg pharaju from dEvIgAnasudha:

Pallavi: shrIkAMta sOdarI nannu brOva | cheekAkupaDeda vEkAraNamo ||shrI||
anupallavi : EkAntamugA shivunigooDuvELA | rAkEndumukhi bhaktartI deerchalEvA ||shrI||
charaNaM: saMchitAgAmi prArabdha sambhavau | emcharAni jananamaraNamula vArimche
pamchaSaraharuni paDatee needu birudA | limchi vEDukonu rAghavuni Samkimchi ||shrI||

Your download link:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/8f519fbe-04e1 ... d8957f71a5

Regards

Vimala

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Post by ogirala sri ramakrishna »

h h bhakta gnanananda teertha composed the song valasina DEmi janani in the raga RItigowla in the year 1976.
he has composed the song cheppukomtinamma janani in the raga muKHAri IN THE YEAR 1965. AFTER this song for 11 years he didn't compose any song.
for the first time i have seen in my life when he is composing a song very closely.

pallavi;; valasina DEmi janaNI MAKI vasudha NIIdu pada vanaja bhakti kaNNA
;; GAvalasina DEmi ;;

anupallavi ;; palu vidhamula bhava BAdha lanachi broCHE siva BHAminivai MA PAla
galgiyumda ;; valasina DEmi ;;

charanam ;; AA NADE kadu chiru PRAyamuna RAghavuni

sriNATHAnamda sadguru lati krupaTO

NII NAma japa vidhi nidhulanu BOdhimchi

GNANAnamda para tatVA yatta chittuni JESE ;; vasina DEMI ;;

after seeing the words srinathanamda and gnananamda i questioned him to whom these names are refering.
then he told the flash back about his penance at srikalahasti when he was a boy of 13 years old under the tutelage of saint srinathanamda teertha who was 90 years old at that time and after the mantra siddhi he was a given the spiritual title gnanananda teertha and at the same time he was discouraged to use the name immediately. his huru advised him to live in seclusion as this was his last birth and he has to under go some sufferings as a house holder.

till that day no body in the house were informed about this incident even his parents and wife.

the meaning is

pallavi ; o mother ; what we want on this earth other than the bhakti at your holy feet.

anupallavi;; o mother, wife of lord siva; you will always save us after solving our problems and miseries . when you are on our side what we want on this earth other than bhakti at your holy feet.

charanam;; o mother; sadguru sri NATHAnamda TIIRtha blessed raghava with his great kindness long back when he was very young by initiating him with your holy name and by teaching him how to meditate upon you, how to follw different principles in life, and how to worship you.

after naming RAghava as gnaNAnanda TIIRtha the sadguru diverted his mind and soul totally towards your side.

this was one of the philosophical songs composed by h h bhakta gnanananda tiirtha

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 30 Dec 2006, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

d.v.s.hanumanta rao, the personnal disciple of h h bhakta gnanananda tiirtha expired in the year 1982, feb. on phalguna poornami day just after one month in the evening time the saint composer was sitting in the open place in the moon light. then the song manaSA saDA siva MAnini in the raga surata. pallavi and anupallavi came. in those days his compositions are being published in tamil at chennai. to see the progress of work he went to chennai. he was staying as a guest of smt vimala , carnatac vocalist & sri kishna murthy. there charanam of this song manasa came. this was the only one song composed by him in others house.
manasa was the first song composed by him with the mudra as gnanananda teertha in the year 1982. after this he never composed any song with mudra as raghava.
his spiritual guru srinathanamda teertha gave him the permission to use the spiritual title gnanananda teertha given by him when raghava was a boy of 18 years old.
bhakta raghava became bhakta gnanananda teertha in the year 1982.

his mudras ; 1. raghava till the year 1981.
2. gnanananda teertha from the year 1982 to 1989 till his mahasmadhi.
3. deviganasudha, the name of his book containing his songs.

bhakta gnanananda teertha was the first saint composer in the history of carnatac music to use the mudras like this.

pallavi ;; manaSA saDA siva MAnini NAMAksharamu LEmaraka bhajimpave O ;; manaSA ;;

anupallavi;; vanaJAsana hari hara sura patu lella nenaruna tribhuvaNA DHIswaRI yani pogadiri
;; manaSA ;;

charanam ;; palu janana marana BAdha lanachi
iha para sukhamu lidi
pariPAlimchu nata
ila II nara janma mabbi unnapuDE
saphalamuga JEyave gnananamda TIRthuni manaSA ;;

the meaning is

pallavi ;; o mind ; sing the leters in he name of saDA siva MAnini always wih alertness.
anupallavi ;; all the gods including brahma, vishnu, siva praised you wih devotion as ruler of these universes.

charanam ;; she will give relief from cycle of life and death.she will rule all her devotees by blessng them wih all pleasures in this birth and afer death.

save bhaka gnanananda teetha in this birth only when he was on this earth.

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 01 Jan 2007, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

I have uploaded apArakRupAnidhi by OVRS in rAg: gaMbheeranATa and tAL: Adi
rendered by me. Your download link:
http://www.esnips.com/web/deviganasudha

pallavi:
apArakRupAnidhivani neenAma
mEpAra nAmadi nupAsiMtunE aMba ||apAra||

anupallavi:
kapAlaSankachakragadAMkuSa khaDgadhAriNi
mApAli daivamA shrimahEshvari gAyatri || apAra ||

charaNaM:
sanAtanee sachchidanaMda rUpiNi
shreenathAnaMda sadguru teerthopAsini
anAdigA hariharAdi suralella
ghanAbhi sutuliDare ~jnAnAnaMda teerthArchita || apAra ||

Regards

Vimala
Last edited by Vimala Bulusu on 05 Feb 2007, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Vimala,
Thank you for u/ling these wonderful compositions. I really liked your renditions of apArakripAnidhi in gambhIranATTa, and Sailatanaya in parAz.
Wish you and your family a wonderful and fulfilling 2007!

Ravi

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

Dear Shri Sankar

I saw your nice and appreciating remarks in the early hours of 2007. Thank you. My family joins me to wish you and your family a happy new year. I rendered the songs as taught by my father and composer of the songs. Credit goes to him. I conveyed the contents of your letter to my mother. She conveys her blessings to you.

Regards

Vimala

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Thank you!

ogirala sri ramakrishna

H H BHAKTA GNANANANDA TIIRTHA COMPOSED THE SONG aPAra kruPAnidhi in the year 1983. during composing this song he has faced many problems. due to old age some times he uses to forget the tune some times SAhitya. finally he has completed the song with the kindness of mother gayatry . after completing the song he couldnot idenify the name of the raga due to old age. whenever he faces a problem his spiritual guru h h sriNAthanamda TIIrtha uses to appear to him in a dream and solves this problem.

on this occassion also guru h h sriNAthanamda TIIrth appeared to the saint composer in a dream when he was sleeping afer his lunch.
in the dream his guru started singing the song aPAra kruPAnidhi playing tambura. then he asked his guru how he know this song.

after singing the song for some time his guru stopped singing the song and said GNANANAMDA VARDHANI for three times and disappeared . then he has realised that his problem was name of raga and his guru suggested the name of the raga as GNANANAMDA VARDHANI. then he has decided to name the raga as GNANANAMDA VARDHANI. IT WAS published in telugu and tamil with the same raga name. after some years some body told it was gamBHIra NAta. even to day the name of the raga is GNANANAMDA VARDHANI as it was decided by his spiritual guru.

the oher spiritual purpose of this name is who ever sings this song they will be blessed with spiritual knowledge and happiness
by the divine mother gayatry as i was told by divine mother in one of my spirtual experience.

this song was one of the three songs composed by h h bhakta gnanananda tiirtha on gayatry.

they are 1.sri gayatry in the raga valagi
2. devi gayatry in the raga huseni.
3. aPA ra kuPA nidhi in the raga gnananamda vardhani.

these songs are to sing in the morning , in the afternoon , in the evening as per one of my spiritual experience. these are equivalent to tri KAla SANDHYAVANDANA.

this song should be sing in the evening time.

sri gayatry song came when bhakta gnananamda tiirtha was very young , devi gayatry was composed during his middle age , aparakrupanidhi was composed when he was very old ,75 years old, the sun is very much going down in his life ie he was very
close to sunset in his life.

i am the first person to learn this song. i am very much with him at the time of composing this song.

pallavi:
apArakRupAnidhi vani NII NAma
MEPAra NA madi nuPA simtunE aMba ||apAra||

anupallavi:
kaPAla Samkha chakra gaDAMmkusa khadga DHArini
MA PAli daivaMA sri MAhEshwaRI GAyatri || aPAra ||

charaNam:
saNAtaNII sachiDAnamda ROOpini
shree NAthanamda sadguru TIIrthoPAsini
aNAdiGA harihaRAdi sura lella
ghaNAbhi nutu lidare GNANAnamda TIRTHARchita teerthArchita || aPAra ||

the meaning is

pallavi ;; o moher;; i will always mediate on your holy name in my mind thinking you as founain of grace.

anupallavi ;; o maheswari ; gayatry;; you are my goddess having kaPAl, samkha, chakra, and sword in your hands.

charanam;; o saNAan worshipped by saguru sri bhakta gnanananada tirtha
all the gods including lord siva and hari worshipping you praising you since so long time.

this song starts with the letter A which is a first letter in telugu alphabet endwith letter ha which is the last lettter in the telugu alphabet. we can find all most all the telugu letters in this song.
the lalita namam MATRUKA VARNA ROOPINI was reflected in the formof this song.

navavidha bhaktis smaranam ,vamdanam, archanam are in this song.

we can see the essence of subhagodayam in this song.

i had a very memorable spiritual experience in my life during my stay at assam iun the year 2001.

i was transferred to jorhat in assam from mumbai in the year 2001 may.
due to childrens education i shifted my family to guntur in andhra and moved alone to assam and joined there in may 2001 last week.

due to my nature of job i will conduct oil exploration surveys in the remote areas of assam. in december,2001 i shifted from jorhat to silchar for conducting the oil exploration surveys there for 8 months from december,2001 to july,2002.

i am singing the song apara krupanidhi since 1983 regularly every day.
in january,2002 as usal i am singing the song apara krupanidhi in the evening after my evening prayers. at that i am having a poster of kali , gayatry and bhakta gnanananda tiirtha in front of me.

gayatry dhyana sloka describes her as mukta vidruma --- gayatriim varada , abhaya, kusakasa subram , kapalam, gadam ---
it says gayatry is having kapal , samkha, chakra etc in her hands.
since many years i am having a desire to see the image of gayatry with kapal in her hand which is normally is not available.

while singing the song i felt that gayatry is telling some thing to me .
at that time i am singing the anupallvi

anupallavi ;; kaPAla samkha chakra gaDAMkusa khadga DHArini MAPAli daivaMA sri MAHEswaRI GAyatry :; aPAra kruPA nidhi ;;

then i felt mother showing me the kapal in the hand of kali, samkha , chakra , gada in the hand of gayatry, khadga in the hand of kali.

then she told me that bhakta gnanananda tiirtha has seen gayatry as kali in the samadhi and at the end of the samadhi the song aparakrupanidhi came down from the depth of his heart as holy river ganges.

after i was told by mother gayatry to express my experience in the form of a poster which i have prepared with her blessings. that poster i have kept in my site bhakta gananananda teertha ogiralaveeraraghavasarma.com in the album as image no 8.

anupallavi ;; kaPAla samkha chakra gaDAMkusa khadga DHArini MAPAli daivaMA sri MAHEswaRI GAyatry :; aPAra kruPA nidhi ;;

in the anupallavi sri maheswari gayatry means maheswari is gayatry.
maheswari with kapal kali is gayatry only.
in the evening time we worship gayatry as saraswati.

sri means mahalakshmi, maheswari means maha kali, gayatry means maha saraswati.

sri maheswarigayatry mean mahalakshmi, mahakali, mahasaraswati
which indicates sri chakra.

sri chakra was indicated in the anupallavi .

by singing the song we are worshipping sri chakra only.

charaNam:

the word srinNATHAnamda sadguru indicates the name of spiritual guru sri NATHAnamda tiirtha of the saint composer. apart from this the word sriNAthanamda is indicating the spiritual guru parampara in sri vidhya tradition which we can find in the compositions of sri muttu swamy diikshitar.

the kala that appears after full moon poornima is called as saDAkhya kala which was descirbed by guru of adi samkara as sachiDAnamda ROOpini. THE WORD sachiDAnamda ROOpini is indicating the same thing.

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 06 Jan 2007, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

I have uploaded dEvI pArvati in rag madhyamAvati, rUpaka tAL from dEvIgAnasudha by OVRS:

Pallavi:
dEvI pArvati jagadekasaMvardhani parasiva ||dEvi||
anupallavi:
sEvakasurapatimunijana su | SrEyOdAyaka nannu brOvave ||dEvI||
charaNam:
bhanutEjAsana bhakta | pApa Samana bhavataraNa dEv
gAnasudhAkari SaMkari | ~jnAnAnanda teertharchita ||dEvI||

Your download link:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/b859445c-59f9 ... y-B-Vimala
or

Regards

Vimala

ogirala sri ramakrishna

One evening h h bhakta gnanananda terrtha was preparing his bed with mosquito net in the year 1983. after that he was relaxing on his bed. suddenly a small , beautiful girl came and sat on his bed. he asked herr who was she. then she asked him to tell who she was in his view. he told that he couldnot recognise her due to old age and requested her to tell about her. then she told him that she was kamchi KAMAkshi she came to listen a song in her praise and requested him to sing a song in her praise. he was very much surprised. at that time she was sitting on his lap. he was seing into her facing and asking her is it correct. then she said yes. he was holding her with his hands around her neck and she was sitting on his lap.

in that happy mood came the song DEvi KAMAkshi in the raga mayamalava gowla.

opallavi ;; DEVI KAMAkshi para siva DEHARdha DHArini nannu BROvave ;; DEVI KAMAkshi ;;

anupallavi ;; NIIVEE tribhuvana DHIswari yani pogadiri
DEVENDRADI sura BHUsurulella SEvimpare
;; DEVI KAMAkshi ;;

charanam ;; chira KAlamuga NI charaNAMbujamula nemaraka bhajimpuchu mari mari VEditi janani
sara dimdu muKHI KAMCHIPURADHIIswari
dhara nirupama GNANANAMda TIIRTHARchita
;; DEVI KAMAkshi ;;

when he was composing this song i am with him .
after composing the song he sat down to put the song on the paper . then i asked what he was doing at that time . then he narrated his experience. i was shocked.

then he taught me the song immediately.

this song was one example to call him as a paramahamsa .

THE MEANING OF THE SONG IS

pallavi ;; o KAMAkshi;; you will live on the lefthand portion
of lord siva's holy body. pleasesave me.

anupallavi ;; lord devendra and other gods worship you praising you as the ruler of all the three universes .

charanam ;; i am worshipping your holy feet since long time with alertness. you are the presiding deity of kanchipuram. your face is very beautiful full moon.

o mother worshipped by gnanananda tiirtha ; i am requesting you repeatedly to save me .

laita namam is there in the anuopallavi.

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 18 Jan 2007, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

dEvIkAmAkShI_mAyAmALavagOuLa_Adi by OVRS from Deviganasudha has been uploaded at

Script follows:

pallavi:
dEvIkAmAkShI para
SivadEhArdhadAyinI nannu brOvavE ||dEvI||
anupallavi:
nIvE tribhuvanAdhIsvari yani pogaDi
dEvEndrAdisurabhUsurulella sEviMpare ||dEvI||
charaNamulu:
chirakAlamuga nI charaNaMbujamulE
marakArAdhiMpuchu madivEdithi jananI
SaradiMdumukhi kAMchIprAdhIswarI
Dharanirupama ~jnAnAnandateerthArchita ||dEvI||

Regards
Vimala
Last edited by Vimala Bulusu on 19 Jan 2007, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

H H Bhakta gnanananda tiirtha composed his last song paRAtpaRI in the raga sri NATHAnamda ramjani in the year 1985 thre years before his maha samadhi in the year 1989 , januvary.

pallavi ;; paRAtpaRI siva KAMEswari NI paDAbjamule madi saDA bhajimtu gowri ;; paRAtpaRI ;;

ANUPALLAVI ;; puRAni sara dimdu niBHAnaNI

hari haRADI sura BHUSURARchi TAkhamda ;; paRAtpaRI ;;

CHARANAM ;; dhaRA talini marapu RAni NII NAma kshaRA mruta PAna MEKAla MAsimchu

SRIRAJARAJESWARII suHAAsini NA moRAlimchi
BROchu GNANAnamda TIIrTHARchita ;; paRAtpaRI ;;

AFTER composing the song he could not remember the name of the raga due to old age . then he named the name of the raga as sri NATHAnamda ramjani in the name of his spiritual guru sri nathanamda tiirtha which is a new raga as per the reply by sangita kalanidhi sri s.pinakapani garu in the music journal ganakala from kakinada on a question written by me to him in the journal.

THE MEANING IS

pallavi ;; o paratpari; siakameswari i always meditate on your holy feet in my mind.

anupallavi ;; o mother ; lord siva , vishnu siva , other gods and saints are worshipping you .

charanam ;; o sri raja rajeswari ;; i will always wish to miditate on your holy name on this earth . i will never forget your name .
o mother worshipped by saint gnanananda tiirtha please save me after listening my prayers.
O S RAMAKRISHNA
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 22 Jan 2007, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

pancha ratna kritis of h h bhakta gnanananda teertha .
after the mahasamadhi of h h bhakta gnanananda teertha in the year 1989 i am making arrangements for the first aradhana festival of the saint composer at kovvur. at that time i was posted at kolkata. in those days i was inspired to identify 5 songs of the saint comp[oser as his pancharatnas .

they are 1. sadguru charana in the raga behag.
2. namasuMArchana IN THE RAGA MAYAMALAVA GOWLA.
3. VUraka doraKOONA in the ghana raga Arabhi.
4. tanuve dharMARtha KAma MOkshamu LARgimpatagu in the ghana raga gowla.
5. RARE ramanulamta in the gahna raga kedara whisch belongs to another set of ghana ragas .

1 . Sadguru -- raga behag

pallavi : sadguru charana saroruha bhaki vina sadgati koorchu susadhanamu ledanna ; sadguru ;

anupallavi : sadgunayuta samadamaadi sampadanidi chidghanaanamda
sudhakarudai velige : sadguru charana :

charanam : atulita bhava bhaya baadhalanachi
sugyaana tatini goorchu para tatva chaturude
hitamumira nitya nityamula bodhimchi
satatamu raghava manasa sannutudau sri : sadguru :

the word chidghanaanamda sudhakara indicates that bhakta gnanananada teertha was a paramahamsa.

the meaning is

2. nama sumarchana --- raga mayamalava gowla

pallavi : nama sumarchana jetu sadasiva nayaki nii charanambujamulaku
sata : nama sumarchana :

anu pallavi : komala gaatri kumara janani vamini kameswari varadayaki yani : nama sumarchana :

charanam : tulasi bilva chamamti punnaga malle maruva
karaveera kamalamulache
vullamu ramjilla ella velalana
pallava pani bhavani raghavuni
yanamta :nama sumarchana:
THE MEANING is

pallavi ;; o sadasiva nayaki ; i will worship your holy feet with your thousnd names thinking in the mind that i am worshipping you with flowers .

anupallavi ;; i will worship you as komalagatry, as mother of shanmuga, vamini and kameswari.

charanam;; o bhavani ;; raghava is worshipping you with flowers like tulasi, bilva patram, jasmine, lotus etc along with your infinete number of names.

bhakta gnanananda teertha uses to tell his devotees to sing this song regularly when you are unable to do your puja.

atmtaryagam which was told in sri vidhyopasana was re told in this song.

3. VUraka doraKUNA in the ghana raga AArabhi.

One day bhakta gnanananda teertha was worshipping gayatry. then came some devotees. at the end they requested him for mantropadasa. then he advised them to worship god without any desires. while talking to them came the song VUraka doraKUNA uMA pada sarasija MATma nilpanu in the raga Arabhi. this was one of three ghana raga kritis composed by the saint composer.

pallavi ;; VUraka doraKUNA uMA pada sarasija MATma nilpanu tana ;; KUraka ;;

anupallavi ;; PORAdi satru chaya MArimti dunimi talapulella siva sati pai nida ;; KUraka ;;

charanam ;;

1. dharaNI sura vara dhrma marasi yagna karMAdula gala marma meruga ;; KUraka ;;

2. parama bhakta jana PAvani, smararipu MAnini , bhavabhaya HArini, tribhuvana PAlini, kamala kaPAla gaDA suka SUlaviLAsini ;; VUraka ;;

3. dhana sudaTImani tanayula yada gala tamakamuna tagili
tana perayani tamamuna munuguchu
para tatva mahatva merugani naruna ;; KUraka ;;

4. paraMAnamda sukha MATma kidu nija MARga merugu saMAdhiyutu
pada MAsrayimchi UMA katha labhiMAnamuna vina ;; KUraka ;;

5. RAghava GIta swaramu lamdu sruti RAjiluchu NADHAramagu NOMKAra NAda taramga laya makaramda ruchi LE ;; KUraka ;;

we can see the essence of bhavanopanishad, narada bhakti sutra, nava vidha bhaktis, gita, subhagodayam in this song.

the meaning of the song is

pallavi ;; is it possible to any body to meditate on the holy mother uma devi , wife of lord siva.
anupallavi ;; is it possible to any body to meditate on her wihout fighting the enimies like anger , desire etc

chaanam;;

1.is it possible to any body to meditate on the holy mother uma devi , wife of lord siva who will save her devotees and kill the enemies

2. is it possible to any body to meditate on the holy mother uma devi , wife of lord siva who is the ruler of the three universes and who is having lotus, trishul, kapal in her hand.

3. is it possible to any body to meditate on the holy mother uma devi , wife of lord siva who was deeply involved and enjoying in the company of wife, children and in earning money, fame and who donot know about the greatness of the holy moher.

4. is it possible to any body to meditate on the holy mother uma devi , wife of lord siva who is not ineesed in listening he holy stories of uma and who cannot understand the happiness that his soul will derive after reaching he state of samadhi

5. is it possible to any body to meditate on the holy mother uma devi , wife of lord siva who could not enjoy the beauty of he songs songs composed by saint raghava which wee based on the omKAraNAdam which were composed with good tunes and set to good talas and laya.

4. tanuve dharMARtha in the ghana raga gowla.

pallavi ; tanuve dharMARtha KAma MOkshamu LARjimpatagu SAdhanamu ;; tanuve ;;

anupallavi ;; vinave manasa saka LEmdriyamula chakkanai veliGE MAnava ;;tanuve ;;

charanam ;; 1. NAka pitru LOka VAsula keKAla MAsrayamai RAjillu ;; tanuve ;;

2. saphala maNOradhu dauta kemchi
YAGAdi sukarmu LAcharimchi DEVEMDRAdi
suraganamulaku havirBHAgamu lanu pamchu ;; tanuve ;;

3. anna SAra MADHAramai bhuvini rudhira MAMsa MEdhassula che nabhunnati chemdi
durvishaYADULAKU LObadi chedani ;; tanuve ;;

4. sakala JIva RAsula narudai doraku nara janma midi GAka
bharata BHUmini janimchu prabala punya dhana yutamai bara gedi ;; tanuve;;

5. NAda YOga gigyasa galigi
praGNAna vara guru pramukha viKAsuni PREma golichi
suGNAna sulakshana sikshitudai TA
VAda tarkamula MAni mauniyai NADA khamda viBHUti NAtmagani RAghava sannuta chiDAnamda chiDRUpam jemdu ;; tanuve ;;

the essence of hindu philosophy is here in this song.

this was the most favourate song of h h sri chamdra sekharendra saraswati , the samkaracharya of kamchipuram.

5 . RARE ramanulamta in the ghana raga kedara which belong to another set of ghana ragas.

pallavi ;; RARE ramanulamta sri RAja RAJEswariki karPUra HAratu livva ;; RARE;;

anupallavi ;; TI rerigina tribhuvana PAliniGATA PAra JUchi bhakta PAlana JEyu nata ;; RARE ;;

Charanam ;; 1. hari hara sura muni varulella SEvimpa
dara HAsa vadanayai daya JUpu VElane ;; RARE ;;

2. BHAra manaka bhava BAdha lanachi manaSAra varamlichi LAlimchu laliTAmba chemtaku ;; RARE ;;;

3. anni VElala II nara janma mamde mananu kanna talli GA bilachi GAravimchu nata

;;;; RARE ;;;

4. MAnaka SRI DEVIGAna suDHA rasa PAna matta chittulai gnaNA namda TIRthuniTO

;;;; RARE ;;;;

5. parama bhakta jana PAlini kamala kaPAla gaDAMkusa DHArini SUlini
NEmaraka saDA MAdhava SOdari NAma bhajana manaSAra JEyuCHU

rare ;;;;

we start any work with prayer to ganesha.
in the song we can see the letter ga which indicate gam ganapataye namaha.
keeping this in mind the aradhana of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha starts with the rendering of the song sri gyatry in the raga valagi.

then it will be followed by the song sadguru in the raga behag which is in praise of sadguru sri bhakta gnanananda tirtha. this will be followed by the song vuraka dorakuna in the ghana raga arabhi.

this will be followed by the song tanuve in the ghana raga gowla.

this will be follwed by the song rare ramanulamta in the ghana raga kedara which belong to another set of ghana ragas. this is harati song.

i uses to have a doubt what is the necessity for a harati song in the very begining it self. then i was told by mother gayatry like this
every function we start with shodasopachara puja to ganesha where harati is the last item. then we do other pujas and at the end we offer again harati.

due to this reason we should sing rare ramanulamta first as harati as part of pancharatna kritis .

after the rendering of pancharatna kritis we render the other songs at the end we render again amdukonavamma in saveri raga another harati song.

this is the practice i follow along with my disciples in the aradhana festivals of h h bahkta gnanananda teertha since 18 years as per the desire of holy mother gayatry which were organised in different cities in india like kolkata,mumbai, jorhat,kovvur etc.

in this case the purpose of rendering pancha ratna kritis is the worship of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha through nada yoga through songs which he loves very much.

it is very much easy to please him by rendering these songs.

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 31 Jan 2007, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

taruNamidE SivataruNimaNI by OVRS has evolved in two ragas mohana and lalitha

pallavi:
taruNamidE Siva taruNImaNI
thanavAdani brochuTaku neeku MaMchi ||taruNa||
anupallavi:
karuNAkari smarajanaka sahOdari nee
marugu jEriti dharmArdhakAmamOkShadAyini ||taruNa||
charaNaM:
bhaktajana Ghana vipattulaNachu
parASakti chamuMdEswari guhajananI
riktuni ghOrabhavAbdhi dATuTa ka
Saktuni parivasyAsaktuni rAghavuni brOchu ||taruNa||

I have rendered the song in the 2 rAgAs.
The song in rAg lalitha has been rendered now.
The song in rAg mohana was rendered 10 years back.

Your Down load link:

Regards

B Vimala
Last edited by Vimala Bulusu on 23 Jan 2007, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Relavance of bhagavad GIta , lalita sahasra NAmam with srimad Devi GAnasudha .

bhagavad GIta starts with the letter dha and ends with the letter ma. dha ma indicate that gita was a dharma sastra grandha.

similarly srimad DEvi GAnasudha starts with the letter dha in the first song sri GAyatry in the raga valaji in the anupallavi as VAgadhi pati seRENdra POOjite and it ends with the letter ra in the last song pallavi RAre ramanulamta in the ghana raga kedara .

this indicates that Srimad Deviganasudha is a dharma sastra grandha and having the essence of srimad bhagavad gita in it .

lalita sahasra namams started with first namam sri mata and ended with last namam lalitamba.

srimad deviganasudha started with the first song pallavi as sri gayatry in the raga valaji and ended with lalitamba in the last song rare ramanulamta charanam as
bhara manaka bhava BAdha lanachi mana SAra varamlichi LAlimchu laliTAmba chetaku .

the essence of lalita sahasranamams is there in srimad deviganasudha.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Ramakrishnaji,
That is so nice! Thank you for tirelessly sharing these with us!
Vimalaji:
In the newer u/ls, there seems to be some echo in the recording. Have you changed your recording techniques? The recording quality in earlier ones was good - I think the ones that were most affected by the echo (or something else - I just know that there is some distrurbance) in my opinion were the kriti in parAz, and the two mOhana rAga ones. Even the last one in lalita is not totally clear.
Another question: why did your father compose the kriti taruNamidE in 2 rAgas? Any particluar reason for the choice of those two rAgas?

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

Shankarji

Namaste.

Thank you for your observations.I shall render the songs again and upload and inform you.

'taruNamidE Siva taruNImaNI' first evolved in mOhana rAgA only. One day, when my father was rendering the song, it slid into lalita rAgam inadvertently. Then he attributed it to the wishes of Sri Gayatri.

There is another kriti 'AdiSakti SaMkari' in hiMdOLa rAgA. Once again, while he was rendering the song it slid into paMtuvarALi. I shall upload 'AdiSakti SaMkari' in the two rAgAs as early as possible.

I would like to narrate one incident wrt the kriti vinnanamma in rAg Manirangu. The song is in praise of annapoorNa. In his old age, my father used to say "annapoorNamma tallI, you have given me amrutannaM" and so saying, he used to take his food. I rendered the song and uploaded at http://www.esnips.com/web/deviganasudha

With my mother serving my father with devotion, he spent his last days in tranquility rendering devigAnasudha.

regarding apArakrupAnidhi:
Due to old age, my father could not identify the rAgA. It was named ~jnAnAnaMda vardhani after his spiritual Guru. Subsequently, he realised that the rAg was 'gaMbhIra nATa'. But, by then the books in Telugu and Tamil were published.

Regards

Vimala

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Thank you for sharing these with us! It gives us a unique peak into your father's life.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

H H bhakta gnanananda tirtha (sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu ), the saint composer of carnatac music of 20 th century composed three mangalam songs in surati , saveri and kedara which is a ghana raga belonging to another set of ghana ragas .

1. HArati JEkonave in the raga surati.

pallavi ;; HArati JEkonave amBA jaya ;; HArati ;;

anupallavi ;; MAravaiRII priya MAniNIdu kuMArudane abhi MAnamu JUpi karpura ;; HArati ;;;

charanam ;; nava mani maya simHAsanamuna koluvai nata
PAlana monarimchu saNAtani

PAvana magu NI NAma bhajana loka

PAvaname gaDA bhavahari RAghavuni ;; HArati ;;

THIS song is having mudra as raghava. this song appears in the first volume of srimad DEVI GAna sudha .

i sing this song in the morning time as per the instruction of gayatry mata.

2. amdukona vaMMA in the raga SAVEri.

pallavi ;; amdukonavaMA OO tripura sumdari karpuRAnamda NIRAjana ;;mamdu konavamma ;;

anupallavi ;; imdarilo NA demdamu ramjilla vamdanamu JEsi vasudha ninu talatu
;;; amdukonavaMMA ;;;

charanam ;; BHAva RAga TAlamula jata gurchi

PAvanamgu NI NAMAkshara GAna praBHAvamuche

bhakti VAhinilo sri DEVI GAna suDHAkruti GA ninu JUjithi ;; andukonavaMMA ;;

this song appears in the second volume of srimad DEVI GAna sudha .

the mudra in this song is srimad DEVI GAna sudha .

h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha composed this song after seeing the gayatry in the samadhi in the form of his book srimad DEVI GAna sudha .

due to this reason he never sold his book in the market. he has given the book freely to musicians , misic lovers, libraries etc.

this song is indicating that the saint composer has seen gayatry in the non living thing which is indicating that he was a paramahamsa .

i sing this song in the afternoon as per the advise of divine mother.

3. RARE ramanulamta in the raga KEDAra , a ghana raga .

anupallavi ;; TI rerigina tribhuvana PAliniGATA PAra JUchi bhakta PAlana JEyu nata ;; RARE ;;

2. BHAra manaka bhava BAdha lanachi manaSAra varamlichi LAlimchu laliTAmba chemtaku ;; RARE ;;;

3. anni VElala II nara janma mamde mananu kanna talli GA bilachi GAravimchu nata

;;;; RARE ;;;

;;;; RARE ;;;;

;;;RARE ;;;;

this song appears in the third volume of srimad DEVI GAna sudha .

the mudra in this song is gnaNA namda TIrtha.

i sing this song in the evening as per the desire of divine mother gayatry.

these songs are to be sing in the trikalas in the morning, afternoon and
evening during trikala pujas.

lalita sahasra namams ended with the nama lilitamba.

bhakta gnanananda tirtha's songs ended with this song and in the charanam 2 we can see the last lalita namam lalitamba .

h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha's songs are published with title DEVI GAna sudha volume 1,2,3. each volume is having a song in praise of gayatry which indicates three padams of gayatry maha mantra . each volume is ending with a mangalam .

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 04 Feb 2007, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

Shankarji

Namaste.

I have re-rendered

Sailtanaya_pharaju(script follows)
taruNamide_mOhana
taruNamide_lalita

and uploaded at

Second keertana rAjarAjeswari in mOhana will be re-rendered and uploaded after some time,

AdiSakti SaMkari emerged in two rAgAs – hiMdoLam and pantuvarALi

Composer: Ogirala Veera Raghava Sarma

pallavi:
AdiSakti SaMkari na – nnAdariMpavE O jaga ||dAdi||

anupallavi
vEdAgamavAsini nA – vinnapaMbu lella vina
rAdA SukapANi deena – rakShaki yanu birudulEdA trijaga ||dAdi||

CharaNamu
rajatAcalamaMdu Sivuni – ramaNeeyamugAnu gUDi
rAjillu sakala muni su – rAdivaMdita pAdavAda
gajamukhuni rIti nannu – karuNiMpavE kalpavalli
nijadAsudau rAghavuni –manniMpanu nImadini sadA trijaga ||dAdi||

The song is rendered in the two rAgAs by me and uploaded at

I solicit comments wrt recording. Due to my age(63), melody in voice has reduced.

Sailtanaya_pharaju_Adi

Composer: Ogirala Veera Raghava Sarma

pallavi
Sailatanaya nee sATi
kaivalya mosagu vArevare hima ||Saila||
anupallavi
kailAsAdhipuniki priya
kAminIyani ninu nishkAmulai sEviMcuvAriki || Saila||
caraNam
bhuvanamulella nee kukShi nidukoni
savivaramuga sAku sanAtani
bhuvanEswari SukapANi suhAsini
bhavanIradhini nirbhayamuga rAghavuniki ||Saila||

ogirala sri ramakrishna

in case of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha ( sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu ), the saint composer of carnatac music of 20 th century he always composed a song under the influence of an incident . one incident will happen. due to this he will get happiness or sorrow or angry. immediately a song will flow down to earth from the depth of his heart like holy rivrer gamga.

i have seen with my own eyes when he was composing songs during the period 1976 to 1989 till his maha samadhi on 04-01-1989, margasira bahula dwadasi.

in his case a song will flow down automatically with BHAva, RAga and TAla and with all the sangatis together.
he will sing the song immediately.

immediately after getting a song he will write it on the paper . then he will try to identify the raga and tala.

he never composed a song for the sake of composing a song.

due to this reason only he has composed very few songs ie 85 songs only.

he never composed a song in praise of a human being for the sake of money, to get some title, to get some award.

the songs composed by him are having divine power .

in some cases he will not have a paper or pencil to note down the song when the song is comming.

oneday h h bhakta gnanananda teertha was going to the river godavari at kovvur in the west godavari district of andhra pradesh to take bath. while going he has observed some persons weeping near a dead body . he moved further towards river. after reaching the river he was unable to take bath as he was mentally disturbed due to the sorrowful incident he has seen.

suddenly a song epudainA bhinnamau DAnikoraku in the raga khamAs. at that time he was having towel and his kamandal only neither a pen nor pencil nor paper. the song started flowing like river godavari from the depths of his heart.

no body is accompanying him. he was alone.

then he looked arround. then he found a piece of coal which was used in the funeral rites of some body.

then he has picked up that piece of coal and started noting down the song on the river bed it self when it was comming.

this song belongs to one of the philosophical songs( on vedanta ) composed by the saint composer of 20th century.

pallavi ;; epudainA bhinnamau DAni koraku imta mamata ETKE O manasa
;; epudaina ;;

anupallavi ;; ipudaiNA DEhi DEha BHEdha marasi nipunatato nityAanitya tatva merugaKAA ; epudaiNA ;;

CHARANAM ;; pavaNAdi pamcha BHUUta vistrutamau
nava DWARAvruta GEha saudhamuna
nivasimCHE parabrahmame nityamani
vivaramuGA delpu RAghavuni MAta vinaKAA ;; epudaiNA;;

the meaning is

pallavi ;; o mind ;; you have to leave this body at any time. it is certain. then why you are so much crazy for this body.

anupallavi ;; you try to understand at least now the difference between soul and body and think about the existence and non of the material objects.

charanam;; generally the human body is compared with a house. it is built with five elements like air, water etc. it is having nine entry points. god is living in this body. the body is not permanent. but god is only permanent.

raghava is explaining about the nature of body like this in a detailed then why don't you listen to the words of raghava

instead of becomming crazy for this body blindly.
the body will certainly go. there is no doubt about this.

the essence of bhavanopanishad is here in this song.
we can see the essence of subhagodayam and bhagavadgita.
we can see atma nivedana one of the nava vidha bhaktis.

One evening h h bhakta gnanananda terrtha was preparing his bed with mosquito net in the year 1983. after that he was relaxing on his bed. suddenly a small , beautiful girl came and sat on his bed. he asked herr who was she. then she asked him to tell who she was in his view. he told that he couldnot recognise her due to old age and requested her to tell about her. then she told him that she was kamchi KAMAkshi she came to listen a song in her praise and requested him to sing a song in her praise. he was very much surprised. at that time she was sitting on his lap. he was seing into her facing and asking her is it correct. then she said yes. he was holding her with his hands around her neck and she was sitting on his lap.

opallavi ;; DEVI KAMAkshi para siva DEHARdha DHArini nannu BROvave ;; DEVI KAMAkshi ;;

;; DEVI KAMAkshi ;;

charanam ;; chira KAlamuga NI charaNAMbujamula nemaraka bhajimpuchu mari mari VEditi janani
;; DEVI KAMAkshi ;;

after composing the song he sat down to put the song on the paper . then i asked what he was doing at that time . then he narrated his experience. i was shocked.

anupallavi ;; lord devendra and other gods worship you praising you as the ruler of all the three universes .

charanam ;; i am worshipping your holy feet since long time with alertness. you are the presiding deity of kanchipuram. your face is very beautiful full moon.

o mother worshipped by gnanananda tiirtha ; i am requesting you repeatedly to save me .

H H BHAKTA GNANANANDA TIIRTHA COMPOSED THE SONG aPAra kruPAnidhi in the year 1983. during composing this song he has faced many problems. due to old age some times he uses to forget the tune some times SAhitya. finally he has completed the song with the kindness of mother gayatry . after completing the song he couldnot idenify the name of the raga due to old age. whenever he faces a problem his spiritual guru h h sriNAthanamda TIIrtha uses to appear to him in a dream and solves this problem.

on this occassion also guru h h sriNAthanamda TIIrth appeared to the saint composer in a dream when he was sleeping afer his lunch.
in the dream his guru started singing the song aPAra kruPAnidhi playing tambura. then he asked his guru how he know this song.

after singing the song for some time his guru stopped singing the song and said GNANANAMDA VARDHANI for three times and disappeared . then he has realised that his problem was name of raga and his guru suggested the name of the raga as GNANANAMDA VARDHANI. then he has decided to name the raga as GNANANAMDA VARDHANI. IT WAS published in telugu and tamil with the same raga name. after some years some body told it was gamBHIra NAta. even to day the name of the raga is GNANANAMDA VARDHANI as it was decided by his spiritual guru.

the oher spiritual purpose of this name is who ever sings this song they will be blessed with spiritual knowledge and happiness
by the divine mother gayatry as i was told by divine mother in one of my spirtual experience.

this song was one of the three songs composed by h h bhakta gnanananda tiirtha on gayatry.

they are 1.sri gayatry in the raga valagi
3. aPA ra kuPA nidhi in the raga gnananamda vardhani.

these songs are to sing in the morning , in the afternoon , in the evening as per one of my spiritual experience. these are equivalent to tri KAla SANDHYAVANDANA.

this song should be sing in the evening time.

sri gayatry song came when bhakta gnananamda tiirtha was very young , devi gayatry was composed during his middle age , aparakrupanidhi was composed when he was very old ,75 years old, the sun is very much going down in his life ie he was very
close to sunset in his life.

i am the first person to learn this song. i am very much with him at the time of composing this song.

pallavi:
apArakRupAnidhi vani NII NAma
MEPAra NA madi nuPA simtunE aMba ||apAra||

anupallavi:
kaPAla Samkha chakra gaDAMmkusa khadga DHArini
MA PAli daivaMA sri MAhEshwaRI GAyatri || aPAra ||

charaNam:

the meaning is

pallavi ;; o moher;; i will always mediate on your holy name in my mind thinking you as founain of grace.

anupallavi ;; o maheswari ; gayatry;; you are my goddess having kaPAl, samkha, chakra, and sword in your hands.

charanam;; o saNAan worshipped by saguru sri bhakta gnanananada tirtha
all the gods including lord siva and hari worshipping you praising you since so long time.

this song starts with the letter A which is a first letter in telugu alphabet endwith letter ha which is the last lettter in the telugu alphabet. we can find all most all the telugu letters in this song.
the lalita namam MATRUKA VARNA ROOPINI was reflected in the formof this song.

navavidha bhaktis smaranam ,vamdanam, archanam are in this song.

we can see the essence of subhagodayam in this song.

once h h bhakta gnanananda teertha got an invitaion
as a principal of a music college at kaulalampur during his stay at repalle in guntur district of andhra pradesh. he decided to go.
after hearing this news his admirers at chennai c rajagopalachari, chitoor v. nagaiah, sri dwaram venkaa swami naidu etc arranged a farewell in his honour.
that is friday. he has to go to madras after puja.
after completion of puja a song vomtarigA videsamula kunupaka NA vemta in the raga vAchaspati.

after the song he went to madras. after the farewell he is sleeping.
during the sleep divine mother appeared to him and told him not to go to foreign land. he should take up the assignement as per the request of some gentlemen who will meet him in a couple of days .

when he came back some persons came from kovvur in west godavari district of andhra pradesh and invited him to come to their place as principal of a music college. then he has cancelled his trip to kaulalampur and came to kovvur.

pallavai ; vomtariga videsamula kanupaka NA vemta rAvale nAmma mukkamti nE bamtu ;; nomtariga;;

anupallavi;; kamtireppa kaivadi NAdu venu vemta nilachi
durghata samkata mula TErpavale ;; omtaiga;;

charanam ;; nija DArasutodara POshanakE proddu ninu marachi
poNAda kanisamu jagatini
bhajana sugatinidu pathamani emchina tanaku
vijaymulidi ella velala RAghavuni krupa JOOdaka ;; Vomtariga;;

the meaning is

pallavi ;; o mother , wife of lord siva ; don't send me to foreign land alone. you please accompany me as iam your obedient servant.

anupallavi ; o mother ; you should always accompany me like a shadow and save me from all accidents, problems vrey carefully like eye lid.

charanam ; o mother ; i have frorgotten you in earning my livelyhood, for my wife, children and for my self.

in this universe worshipping your holy feet is the
only way to reach your holyfeet.

i know this fact. always stand by the side of raghava and bless him with victories .

please don't send raghava alone to the foreign country without showing your kindness. don't be merciless in his case.
please accompany him to foreign country as he is your faithful servant.

bhakta gnanananda teertha uses to say that the daily pujas, japams we do will reach god like an ordinary post card. if we sing a song with devotion and if we lead a pure life that song will reach god like a fax message.

whenever we send a fax we write reply by return fax.

whenever he had a problem he uses to convey that to mother in form of a song . after receiving that message mother also will send him some reply or she her self appear to him in a dream or some times she was forced to run to earth for his rescue. we can see all the above things in his life. in this case she appeared to him in the dream to solve his problem.

the relavance of this song is mahamrutyumjaya mantram is there in this song. if we sing this song regularly we will be protected from all types of accidents and we will be blessed with victories.

if you think still deeper if we sing this song daily when we are leaving this body the mother herself will come personally to take us to her kingdom.

NARADA BHAKI SOOTRAM IS HERE IN HIS SONG.
he essence of bhagavadgita is also there in this song.
dasya and keertana bhakis of nava vidha bhaktis are here in his song.

bhaka gnanananda teertha has practised all the nava vidha bhaktis during his life time and had darshan of gayatry in all he nine types.

i sing this song daily whenever i am in movement. when ever i
travel by auto , bus ,train, aeroplane, ship , while driving my car i always sing his song.

when i leave the house in the morning first i will sing his song only.

once h h bhakta gnanananda teerha was attending a concert of his close friend at kovvur. during the concert the vocalist making swarakalpana in a beautiful way . suddenly one gentleman stoodup and said to the artist that they are getting bored of swarakalpana and requesed him to sing some more songs instead.
after hearing this comment the saint composer became very angry and shouted who is that person not interesed. after seeing him that gentleman who himself was a fan of the saint sat down immediately feeling sorry for his mistake.
at the end of the concert the saint composer was taking leave from the artist. then the artist requested to accomany him
to the station.
they are moving to station. at that time the artist has taken wine already and apart from that he has started smoking cigar also which disturbed the saint composer. after leaving his friend the saint composer started walking towards his house.

then came the song mumduVAra lemaiRO MOha PAsa badhulaina in the raga poorvikalyani.

pallavi ;; mumduVAra lemaiRO MOhaPAsa badhulaina mana ;; mumduVAralu ;;

anupallavi ;; sumdaRAMgulaGUdi TAgI tamdaNAla prodhubuchina mana ;; mumduVAralu ;;

charanam ;; kanna talli tamdrulanaka annadammu LAtmajulanaka punne KARyamu lerugaka bhutalamuna virraveegi
chinna NAtanumdi emto vanne LAdula valala gikki
pannagadhara nijabhamini RAhavanuta gunasSAlini NI sannidhi jeri bhajimchuta KEmari SOmari tanamuna chedi ;; mumduVAralu;;
the meaning is

pallavi ;; what happened to your ancestors who lived on this earth earlier wihout caring any body and with ego .

anupallavi ;; our elders spend their time in drinking wines and enjoying in the company of beautiful ladies.

charanam ;; our ancestors didn't bother for their parents, brothers and childen.
they lived on this earth without doing any noble work.
raghava is questioning that what happened to our ancestors who are very much reluctant and lazy to worship holy mother and to meditate on her holy feet.

we can see narada bhakti sutra also in this song.

after reaching the house bhakta gnanananda teertha noted down the song. then he went to bed for sleeping. then he remembered the comment of the gentleman during the concert again he became angry and felt very unhappy for the comment.
then in that mental situation the song swarajani tomKAra in the raga Arabhi came from the depth of his heart like holy river godavari and made him relieved of his disturbance.

pallavi ;; swara janiTOMKAra NADA khamda pamjarapu chiluka NEmaraka bhajimpara sapta ;; swara janiTOMKAra;;

anupallavi ;; aravimDAsana hari harula keella MOOLADHAramai negadu
chidanamda MOORthiyagu ;; swara;;

charanam ;; vimaLATMAgni manonila PREranamuche
kramagati NABHEE hruthkamtha MOORthasyamula yamdu
kamanEya NAda suDHA kalasa mudhBHOOta mau
marma merigi YAjanmamu RAghava sannuta su ;;swarajaniTOMKAra ;;

pallavi ;; meditate on omkara nadam which will be generated by singing sapta swaras with full devotion and alertness.

anupallavi ;; holy mother is the other form of this pranava naadam. she is the main source of energy for lord brahma. vishnu and siva. she will always appear in a happy mood .

charanam ;; because of this type of meditation nectar (amrut ) will be genarated in the heart of the singer which will lead him to salvation. after knowing this fact raghava is worshipping the holy mother by sapta swaras with good tunes.

we can see the essence of bhavanopanishad , bhagavadgita, varivasya and keertana bhakti which is part of nava vidha bhakti margas.

this song is on the science and purpose of swara kalpana in carnatac music.

if a singer who leads a pure life without any bad habits and with good character sings with devotion nectar ie amrut will be generated in him which will lead him to salvation.

because of his devotion nectar was generated in bhakta gnanananda teertha when he was singing which led him to salvation.

bhakta gnanananda teertha composed this song putting that nectar generated in him behind each letter with the purpose that who ever sings this song will be liberated from the cycle of birth and death.

bharma vidhya was told in this song.

the essence of yoga vidhya and the movement of kumdalini was told in the charanam.

one day bhakta gnanananda teertha started cooking food in the house due to some problem in the house. he started cooking in the morning around 7 o clock. he has kept the utensils with rice , dal etc on the ovens. simultaneously he has started his nitya puja also. after puja he has started singing songs in praise of divine mother. he was so immersed in the nada yoga he has totally forgotten about the cooking.
at 2 pm one child approached him and requested him for food.
then he has realised his duty.
he entered the kitchen. to his surprise the whole food was prepared . it was very hot with fumes.

he was very much surprised and felt happy .

even though it is a ritual he has to offer maha naivedya to mother. but he is not doing. he has forgotten about cooking also.
then holy mother lost her patience and came down to the earth , cooked his food , taken some thing as her part , left some thing to her devotee bhakta gnanananda teertha with her blessings.

in that happy mood came the song vinnanamma janani in the raga manaramgu.

pallavi ;; viNNA naMMA janani NE kathaleNNO bhaKTA panna rakshani vainatu ;; viNNA ;;

Anupalavi ;; annaPORNEswari ilalo AKonna VAri kamruTAnnamidi BROtuvani ;; viNNA ;;

charanam ;; PAvana gamGA TIramamdu
baragu VAraNAsi purini velasina
BHAvaja ripu priya BHAminivai BHUBHAramanachu RAghaVARchita BHAgyamani ;; viNNA ;;

HOLY mother gayatry came to his house in the form of kasi annapoorna and cooked his food.
kasi annapoorna mantra is here in this song.
who ever sing this song he will be blessed with good food amruTAnna by the mother.

when ever i sing this song mother offered me delicious food many times unexpectedly from un expected persons suddenly without any notice. this is happening in my life regularly since so many yaers.

we can see narada bhakti sutra in this song.

we can also see sravana bhakti one of the nava vidha bhaktis in this song

pallavi ;; o mother ;; i have listen so many stories about you. all of them are saying that you will save your devotees from their problems .

anupallavi ;; o annapurneswari ; you will save the people who are feeling hungry by giving them good , delicious meal.

charanam ;; o mother ; you are living at varanasi on the banks of holy river ganges. you will remove the burden of earth by killing bad people.

o mother worshipped by raghava ; i have listen so many stories about you because of my good luck.

bhakta gnanananda teertha was a saint composer by birth. he has composed songs in praise of different gods when he was a boy. the elderly ladies in his village uses to learn them from him in return they uses to offer him sweets.
they uses to sing those songs during their puja times.
even to day we can find some persons singing those songs in those areas.
i have got one such song in the year 1977 at ongole when i am doing my final year b.sc.

i am studying in my house at that time.in the next portion one lady singing a song while doing her puja. suddenly at the end of song to my surprise i found the signature (mudra ) as raghava.
WHEN i asked her how she got that song she told that was told to her by an elderly in her family.

i hvae noted down the song and shown to bhakta gnanananda teertha during my next visit to kovvur. he was very much surprised after seeing the song. then he told me that he has composed that song when he was a boy of 7,8 years old .

the song is like this

pallavi; amba nannu brovaga bharama aadarimchi brova samayamamma

charanam ; samagana lola samara daitya pala
naamadin talamtu lochanaruna
yeri nee sarii sati velpu lila veera raghavaarchita pada yuga

meaning is

pallavi; o mother don't think saving me is a burdenfor you. this the time tosave me.

charanam: no god will match with you .
mother worshipped by veera raghava.

after hearing this the saint composer recollected two more songs.

one song is

pallavi : vevega rava deva venugopabala
paavana susiila bhakta jana paala
srivanita hrudaya lola bhara mela nannu brova

anupallavi :yogi brumda gogkula namda govimda raara
maa paali daivamaa naa madin bhajimcheda
paapa doora paramapurusha
patita paavana devaki namdana

charanam ; akshayamuga ogirala raghavavaabhi dhanudan saaaakshiga nee pada seva salupedara sarvesa
pakshi vaahana muraharana
bharamela nannu brova

meaning is

pallavi; o venugopala come quickly for my recue you are the saviour of devotees.

anupallavi; o devakinamdana come quickly to save me

charanam; ogirala raghava worshipping your holy feet . don't hesitate to save me considering it as a burden.

one more song composed by him during his childhood was mamgalaharati

pallavi :mamgala haarati gonuma amganalamta uppomguchu nosagau mamgala harati
anupallavi ; amgajumata sagarajata madhavi gonuma amganalamta uppomguchu nosagu mamgala harati

charanam : dhara dhenvaadrini velayu
amganalamtauppomguchu nosagu mamgalaharati.

dhenuvadri is the place dhenuvakomda near ongole in andhra pradesh where he has taken birth in the year 1908.

i am lucky enough to learn these compositions from him directly.but i could not get sufficient time to ask him about ragas of these songs .

i can sing all the above songs. i will sing atleast one song from these songs during my programmes .

Bhakta gnanananda teertha worshipping gayatry during holy navaratry days. one day he was sleeping during night. then divine moher appeared to him during a dream and asked him what he want from her ? then he asked her to bless him with sri vidhya maha mantra. immediately she blessed him wih srividhya maha mantra.

after some time he woke up. immediately came the song pinnavAniga nannu pilachi brovave in the raga maya malavagowla.

pallavi ;; pinnavAniga nannu pilachi brovave amba ;; pinnavAniga;;

anupallavi ;; tinnagA bhavAbdhidAtu tennu JOpi nEvu kanna ;; pinnavAniga ;;

charanam ;; karmaseshamuna bahu Kayamula dharimchi jagatini

durmadhAmdhudanai tirigi duritamule jEsi umti

dharmarOpini dakshAyani daya jEsi rAghavuni ;; pinnavAniga ;;

the meaning is

pallavi ;; o bhavani ; please save me after calling me into your holy presence as a small child.
anupallavi ;; o moher ; please show me the proper way to reach your holy feet consideing me as your own child

chaanam ;; previously i have taken so many births. at that time i did so many misakes and i lived wih so much ego and proudness wihout caring any body.

o daakshayani ;; please save raghava . righteousness is your another form.

sakhya bhakti one of he nine bhaktis is here in this song.

bhaka gnanananda teertha being blessed with srividhya mantra by divine mother her self shows his attachment wih the mother.

this was a great incident in his life.
but he never told about this incident to any body . very few persons know about this .

because of this incident only kanchi samkaracharya sri chandra sekharendra saraswati send one ips officer who approached him for sri vidhya mantra to bhakta gnanananda teertha for initiation into srividhya.

bhakta gnanananda teertha initiated very few persons into a mantra as he was against that type of practices.

in his view we should pray god with niskaamabhakti yoga
ie without any desires.

Compsers of carnatac music are of two types.

1. saint composers ;; they copmose songs in praise of their god only not in praise of human beings for the sake of money or fame. ex ; saint thyagaraja and bhakta gnanananda tirtha etc . they have sacrificed each and every thing for the sake of god.
they didnot know any thing other than god. they have used music as a launching vehicle like rocket to reach god .

they came to earth as messengers of god to convey the feelings of god to mankind and to show the path to salvation to mankind.
we can see divine touch in their lives.

they have lived and prayed for the sake of man kind .

in every saint composers life we can see apart from music we can see their spiritual initiation by a great soul.
in case of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha he was initiated at the age of 15 years old into purna gayatry by h h srinathanamda tirtha who was 90 years old at that time at sri kalahasti.

there he did penance on gayatry for three years without any food. during this period he was given some types of leaves and water only by his spiritual guru.
after attaining mantra sidhi he was named as gnanananda tirtha by his guru.
at that time his spiritual guru advised him to stay in seclusion without any publicity and wituhout showing any miracles.

bhakta gnanananda tirtha follwed his spiritual gurus advice in letter and spirit.
he never showed miracles in his life time. he lived in seclusion which resulted in the form of songs with raga , bhava and tala.

bhakta gnananda tirtha has a tendency to compose songs since childhood at the age of 8 years old before learning vedas and carnatac music.
by birth he was a saint composer.

2. composers ;; they live normal life in the society. they are great scholars in music ,
and musicians .

in this context i remember a statement of late sri hari nagabhushanam , the music guru of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha . while expressing his happiness on the compositions of his disciple he compared the songs as pure gold , the songs of ordinary composers as roldgold ie artificial gold.

s / sri mysure vasudevachari , papanasam sivan , patnam subramanya iyer, balamurali krishna etc are prominent great omposers.

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 04 Feb 2007, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

H H bhakta gnanananda tirtha (sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu ), the saint composer of carnatac music of 20 th century composed three mangalam songs in surati , saveri and kedara which is a ghana raga belonging to another set of ghana ragas .

1. HArati JEkonave in the raga surati.

pallavi ;; HArati JEkonave amBA jaya ;; HArati ;;

anupallavi ;; MAravaiRII priya MAniNIdu kuMArudane abhi MAnamu JUpi karpura ;; HArati ;;;

charanam ;; nava mani maya simHAsanamuna koluvai nata
PAlana monarimchu saNAtani

PAvana magu NI NAma bhajana loka

PAvaname gaDA bhavahari RAghavuni ;; HArati ;;

THIS song is having mudra as raghava. this song appears in the first volume of srimad DEVI GAna sudha .

i sing this song in the morning time as per the instruction of gayatry mata.

2. amdukona vaMMA in the raga SAVEri.

pallavi ;; amdukonavaMA OO tripura sumdari karpuRAnamda NIRAjana ;;mamdu konavamma ;;

anupallavi ;; imdarilo NA demdamu ramjilla vamdanamu JEsi vasudha ninu talatu
;;; amdukonavaMMA ;;;

charanam ;; BHAva RAga TAlamula jata gurchi

PAvanamgu NI NAMAkshara GAna praBHAvamuche

bhakti VAhinilo sri DEVI GAna suDHAkruti GA ninu JUjithi ;; andukonavaMMA ;;

this song appears in the second volume of srimad DEVI GAna sudha .

the mudra in this song is srimad DEVI GAna sudha .

h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha composed this song after seeing the gayatry in the samadhi in the form of his book srimad DEVI GAna sudha .

due to this reason he never sold his book in the market. he has given the book freely to musicians , misic lovers, libraries etc.

this song is indicating that the saint composer has seen gayatry in the non living thing which is indicating that he was a paramahamsa .

i sing this song in the afternoon as per the advise of divine mother.

3. RARE ramanulamta in the raga KEDAra , a ghana raga .

;;;; RARE ;;;

;;;; RARE ;;;;

;;;RARE ;;;;

this song appears in the third volume of srimad DEVI GAna sudha .

the mudra in this song is gnaNA namda TIrtha.

i sing this song in the evening as per the desire of divine mother gayatry.

these songs are to be sing in the trikalas in the morning, afternoon and
evening during trikala pujas.

lalita sahasra namams ended with the nama lilitamba.

bhakta gnanananda tirtha's songs ended with this song and in the charanam 2 we can see the last lalita namam lalitamba .

h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha's songs are published with title DEVI GAna sudha volume 1,2,3. each volume is having a song in praise of gayatry which indicates three padams of gayatry maha mantra . each volume is ending with a mangalam .

o s ramakrishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

in case of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha ( sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu ), the saint composer of carnatac music of 20 th century he always composed a song under the influence of an incident . one incident will happen. due to this he will get happiness or sorrow or angry. immediately a song will flow down to earth from the depth of his heart like holy rivrer gamga.

i have seen with my own eyes when he was composing songs during the period 1976 to 1989 till his maha samadhi on 04-01-1989, margasira bahula dwadasi.

in his case a song will flow down automatically with BHAva, RAga and TAla together.
he will sing the song immediately.

by profession he was a great carnatac music vocalist.

immediately after getting a song he will write it on the paper . then he will try to identify the raga and tala.

he never composed a song for the sake of composing a song.

due to this reason only he has composed very few songs ie 85 songs only.

he never composed a song in praise of a human being for the sake of money, to get some title, to get some award.

the songs composed by him are having divine power .

in some cases he will not have a paper or pencil to note down the song when the song is comming.

oneday h h bhakta gnanananda teertha was going to the river godavari at kovvur in the west godavari district of andhra pradesh to take bath. while going he has observed some persons weeping near a dead body . he moved further towards river. after reaching the river he was unable to take bath as he was mentally disturbed due to the sorrowful incident he has seen.

suddenly a song epudainA bhinnamau DAnikoraku in the raga khamAs. at that time he was having towel and his kamandal only neither a pen nor pencil nor paper. the song started flowing like river godavari from the depths of his heart.

no body is accompanying him. he was alone.

then he looked arround. then he found a piece of coal which was used in the funeral rites of some body.

then he has picked up that piece of coal and started noting down the song on the river bed it self when it was comming.

this song belongs to one of the philosophical songs( on vedanta ) composed by the saint composer of 20th century.

pallavi ;; epudainA bhinnamau DAni koraku imta mamata ETKE O manasa
;; epudaina ;;

anupallavi ;; ipudaiNA DEhi DEha BHEdha marasi nipunatato nityAanitya tatva merugaKAA ; epudaiNA ;;

CHARANAM ;; pavaNAdi pamcha BHUUta vistrutamau
nava DWARAvruta GEha saudhamuna

the meaning is

pallavi ;; o mind ;; you have to leave this body at any time. it is certain. then why you are so much crazy for this body.

anupallavi ;; you try to understand at least now the difference between soul and body and think about the existence and non of the material objects.

charanam;; generally the human body is compared with a house. it is built with five elements like air, water etc. it is having nine entry points. god is living in this body. the body is not permanent. but god is only permanent.

raghava is explaining about the nature of body like this in a detailed then why don't you listen to the words of raghava

bhakta gnanananda teertha was a saint composer by birth. he has composed songs in praise of different gods when he was a boy. the elderly ladies in his village uses to learn them from him in return they uses to offer him sweets.
they uses to sing those songs during their puja times.
even to day we can find some persons singing those songs in those areas.
i have got one such song in the year 1977 at ongole when i am doing my final year b.sc.

i am studying in my house at that time.in the next portion one lady singing a song while doing her puja. suddenly at the end of song to my surprise i found the signature (mudra ) as raghava.
WHEN i asked her how she got that song she told that was told to her by an elderly in her family.

i hvae noted down the song and shown to bhakta gnanananda teertha during my next visit to kovvur. he was very much surprised after seeing the song. then he told me that he has composed that song when he was a boy of 7,8 years old .

the song is like this

pallavi; amba nannu brovaga bharama aadarimchi brova samayamamma

charanam ; samagana lola samara daitya pala
naamadin talamtu lochanaruna
yeri nee sarii sati velpu lila veera raghavaarchita pada yuga

meaning is

pallavi; o mother don't think saving me is a burdenfor you. this the time tosave me.

charanam: no god will match with you .
mother worshipped by veera raghava.

after hearing this the saint composer recollected two more songs.

one song is

pallavi : vevega rava deva venugopabala
paavana susiila bhakta jana paala
srivanita hrudaya lola bhara mela nannu brova

anupallavi :yogi brumda gogkula namda govimda raara
maa paali daivamaa naa madin bhajimcheda
paapa doora paramapurusha
patita paavana devaki namdana

charanam ; akshayamuga ogirala raghavavaabhi dhanudan saaaakshiga nee pada seva salupedara sarvesa
pakshi vaahana muraharana
bharamela nannu brova

meaning is

pallavi; o venugopala come quickly for my recue you are the saviour of devotees.

anupallavi; o devakinamdana come quickly to save me

charanam; ogirala raghava worshipping your holy feet . don't hesitate to save me considering it as a burden.

one more song composed by him during his childhood was mamgalaharati

pallavi :mamgala haarati gonuma amganalamta uppomguchu nosagau mamgala harati
anupallavi ; amgajumata sagarajata madhavi gonuma amganalamta uppomguchu nosagu mamgala harati

charanam : dhara dhenvaadrini velayu
amganalamtauppomguchu nosagu mamgalaharati.

dhenuvadri is the place dhenuvakomda near ongole in andhra pradesh where he has taken birth in the year 1908.

i am lucky enough to learn these compositions from him directly.but i could not get sufficient time to ask him about ragas of these songs .

i can sing all the above songs. i will sing atleast one song from these songs during my programmes .

Compsers of carnatac music are of two types.

1. saint composers ;; they copmose songs in praise of their god only not in praise of human beings for the sake of money or fame. ex ; saint thyagaraja and bhakta gnanananda tirtha etc . they have sacrificed each and every thing for the sake of god.
they didnot know any thing other than god. they have used music as a launching vehicle like rocket to reach god .

they came to earth as messengers of god to convey the feelings of god to mankind and to show the path to salvation to mankind.
we can see divine touch in their lives.

they have lived and prayed for the sake of man kind .

in every saint composers life we can see apart from music we can see their spiritual initiation by a great soul.
in case of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha he was initiated at the age of 15 years old into purna gayatry by h h srinathanamda tirtha who was 90 years old at sri kalahasti.

there he did penance on gayatry for three years without any food. during this period he was given some types of leaves and water only by his spiritual guru.
after attaining mantra sidhi he was named as gnanananda tirtha by his guru.
at that time his spiritual guru advised him to stay in seclusion without any publicity and wituhout showing any miracles.

bhakta gnanananda tirtha follwed his spiritual gurus advice in letter and spirit.
he never showed miracles in his life time. he lived in seclusion.

due to this reason his spiriual energy came in the form of songs.

bhakta gnananda tirtha has a tendency to compose songs since childhood at the age of 8 years old before learning vedas and carnatac music.
by birth he was a saint composer.

2. composers ;; they live normal life in the society. they are great scholars in music ,
and musicians .

in this context i remember a statement of late sri hari nagabhushanam , the music guru of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha . while expressing his happiness on the compositions of his disciple he compared the songs as pure gold , the songs of ordinary composers as roldgold ie artificial gold.

mysure vasudevachari , papanasam sivan , patnam subramanya iyer, balamurali krishna etc are prominent great omposers.
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 04 Feb 2007, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

like other saint composers h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha ( sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu ) , the saint composer of carnatac music of 20 th century never went on a piligrimage and never visited temples during his life time.

the presiding deities uses to visit him with a request to compose a song in their praise. immediately a song uses to flow down from his heart .

bhakta gnanananda teertha composed the song devi kanakadurga amba in the raga rudrapriya.

he was the first saint composer of carnatac music to compose a song
on kanakadurga,the presiding deity of vijayawada where arjuna did penance in mahabharata time.

pallavi;devi kanakadurga ambaa para siva dehaardha dhaarini nannu brovave;; devi kanakadurga ;;

anupallavi ;;vividhaalamkara moortivai
vijayavaadanu vila sillu maa talli ;; devi;;

charanam ; aapadalaku lonai bahu taapamu jemdina tanayunipai
krupa joopi nee pada bhakti goorchi saphalamugaa raghavuni saaku ;; devi;;

the meaning is

pallavi ;o devi kanakadurga to whom lord siva has given his half of the body, please save me.

anupallavi ;; you are decorated with different ornaments. you are living at vijayawada .

chasranam ;; i amvery much agitated because i am involved in somany problems. i amyour son.please show your kindness upon me and bless me with bhakti at your feet .
please save raghava successfully .

one day bhakta gnanananda teertha started cooking food in the house due to some problem in the house. he started cooking in the morning around 7 o clock. he has kept the utensils with rice , dal etc on the ovens. simultaneously he has started his nitya puja also. after puja he has started singing songs in praise of divine mother. he was so immersed in the nada yoga he has totally forgotten about the cooking.
at 2 pm one child approached him and requested him for food.
then he has realised his duty.
he entered the kitchen. to his surprise the whole food was prepared . it was very hot with fumes.

he was very much surprised and felt happy .

even though it is a ritual he has to offer maha naivedya to mother. but he is not doing. he has forgotten about cooking also.
then holy mother lost her patience and came down to the earth , cooked his food , taken some thing as her part , left some thing to her devotee bhakta gnanananda teertha with her blessings.

in that happy mood came the song vinnanamma janani in the raga manaramgu.

pallavi ;; viNNA naMMA janani NE kathaleNNO bhaKTA panna rakshani vainatu ;; viNNA ;;

Anupalavi ;; annaPORNEswari ilalo AKonna VAri kamruTAnnamidi BROtuvani ;; viNNA ;;

charanam ;; PAvana gamGA TIramamdu
baragu VAraNAsi purini velasina
BHAvaja ripu priya BHAminivai BHUBHAramanachu RAghaVARchita BHAgyamani ;; viNNA ;;

HOLY mother gayatry came to his house in the form of kasi annapoorna and cooked his food.
kasi annapoorna mantra is here in this song.
who ever sing this song he will be blessed with good food amruTAnna by the mother.

when ever i sing this song mother offered me delicious food many times unexpectedly from un expected persons suddenly without any notice. this is happening in my life regularly since so many yaers.

we can see narada bhakti sutra in this song.

we can also see sravana bhakti one of the nava vidha bhaktis in this song

pallavi ;; o mother ;; i have listen so many stories about you. all of them are saying that you will save your devotees from their problems .

anupallavi ;; o annapurneswari ; you will save the people who are feeling hungry by giving them good , delicious meal.

charanam ;; o mother ; you are living at varanasi on the banks of holy river ganges. you will remove the burden of earth by killing bad people.

o mother worshipped by raghava ; i have listen so many stories about you because of my good luck.

;; DEVI KAMAkshi ;;

;; DEVI KAMAkshi ;;

Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 05 Feb 2007, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

I am during my research on music thearpy with the songs composed by h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha ( sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu ) , the saint composer of carnatac music of 20th century whose birth centinary is falling in the year 2007.

h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha lived like an ordinary human being and has undrgone the sufferings / problems of an ordinary man which resulted in the down pour of songs from the depths of his heart. i am using those songs as music therapy since 30 years and getting good results . i am diing the therapy to others also and got good results.

Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha lived like an ordinary human being on this earth. He has undergone all the sufferings and problems of an ordinary man. When ever he faced a problem he composed a song . If we sing/ read that song we can solve our problems.
I am doings research and experiments with his songs for the last 25 years and getting very positive results.
I am doing music therapy also with some songs and got good results.
Many mantras are there in these songs.

The following songs we can use for different purposes

CHEPPUKOMTINAMMA JANANI- MUKHARI- MONEY PROBLEMS, FOR DAUGHTERS MARRIAGE

PAPAME JWARADI - DHANYASI- FOR GOOD HEALTH

TAMASAMU SAMIMPAGA RADA - ATHANA - FOR BP, HEART AILMENTS

OMTARIGA VIDESAMULAKU - VACHASPATI- TO PROTECT FROM ACCIDENTS / ACCIDENTAL DEATHS

MUMDUVARA LEMAIRO - PURVIKALYANI- FOR DRUG,DRINK,SMOKING ADICTED PERSONS IF THEY WANT TO LEAVE THEM

KADANAKE SIVA KAMESWARI - REGUPTI - TO REMOVE ENEMIES FROM OUR WAY WITHOUT HARMING THEM

KALA VIKRUTAMUNA PALA BADU KASTA JALAMULAKU - VARALI- TO FACE THE PROBLEMS IN LIFE

GNANABHIKSHA NIDAVE JANANI - BAHUDHARI - FOR STUDENTS TO SUCEED IN THEIR EXAMS

tarunamide siva taruni in the raga mohana

I am daily using these songs in my day to day life in solving my problems.

one day bhakta gnanananda teertha purchasing fruits during holy navaratry days for his puja. while bargaining he lost his temper and slapped the vendor. the vendor was talking politely.

then suddenly he realised his mistake, appolised the vendor for his behaviour.
purchased the fruits from him by paying more money.
vendor has left.

but mentally he was very much disturbed. then came the song tamasamu samimpaga rada in the raga athana from the dephs of his hear like holy river gamga.

pallavi; tamasamu samimpaga rada amba
dharma swaroopini daya jeesi naa ;; tamasamu ;;

anupallavi ;; ee mahi nee pada dhyana memara kumdu
imgitamu goorchu ihapara daayaki ;; tamasamu ;;

charanam ;; bhusurudanai nee butti nigamaadi
punya karma leruga naitini paavani
bhasura gaatri sadbhaavamu todanu
bhava bhayamu lella harimpave raghavuni ;; tamasamu ;

the meaning of this song is

pallavi ;; o mother ; you are the form of righteousness. please remove my bad qualiies like anger, greed etc.
anupallavi ;; o mother ; please give good conciousness so that i will always meditate on your holy feet on this earth with full alertness.

chaanam ;; o moher ;; i never did any good work. kindly remove the fears and worries of raghava.

we can use this song as part of music therapy. singing of this song reduces the mental tensions and mind will become calm and peaceful.

this song will help bp / sugar / heart patients to keep their bp / sugar under control.

if a person who is not having bp sings this song regularly he will not get bp during his life time.

i don't have any bp / sugar heart problem at present. but i sing this regulaly while going to office and while returning from office.

after singing the song i will become mentally cheerful. my body will become more energitic.

once Bhaka gnanananda teertha became sick with high fever.
he was not comfortale. in that situation a song PApame jwaRAdi ghora RUpamai in the raga dhanyAsi. after composing the song he became healhy.

pallavi ;; PApame jwaRAdi gHOra RUpamai BAdhimchu manasa;;PApame;;

anupallavi ;; BHUpati kainA sanmouni pumgavuni kaINA bahu ;;PApame ;;

chaanam ;; telisi teliyakArjimchina kalushamu prabalina vElala
balimini bahu tApamulache badali napude bhava haramata

phala rahitamugA sivasati pada mAsraimpu mani RAghavuni ;;PApame;;

This song is having theraptic values. we can use this song as music therapy to cure our selves when ever we are sick major or minor.
we will becme healhy very soon.

i do theapy with this song daily on myself.

i had a very good experience and got good result due to therapy i have done with this song .

my mother was seriously sick in the year 2003. at that ime i was posted in jorhat , assam. i couldn't move immediately as i couldnot get permission from gayatry for my movement.
i couldnot get my reservaitions neiher by air nor by train.

i am in a helpless condition.

i am monitring her condiion by phone. she was in a critical condition.

then i have started singing this song throughout the days once for every half an hour continuously till i heard the news that she was out of danger.

after some days i visited my mother. then i heard a different story. when she was in hospital bed she wanted to see me . suddenly she felt my presence on her side physically. after some time she told others to take care of my needs .

because of the spiriual power in this song mother gayatry not only cured my mother she has taken my soul to her bedside and made my mother happy.

in the year 2005 i had spondilitis problem. then also i have used this song like medicine along wih other medicines. even now also i sing this song all the three times every day as part of therapy and feeling comfortable .

when ever i know any body is sick i sing this song where ever they are till they get some relief.

once h h bhakta gnanananda teerha was attending a concert of his close friend at kovvur. during the concert the vocalist making swarakalpana in a beautiful way . suddenly one gentleman stoodup and said to the artist that they are getting bored of swarakalpana and requesed him to sing some more songs instead.

after hearing this comment the saint composer became very angry and shouted who is that person not interesed. after seeing him that gentleman who himself was a fan of the saint sat down immediately feeling sorry for his mistake.
at the end of the concert the saint composer was taking leave from the artist. then the artist requested to accomany him
to the station.

they are moving to station. at that time the artist has taken wine already and apart from that he has started smoking cigar also which disturbed the saint composer. after leaving his friend the saint composer started walking towards his house.

then came the song mumduVAra lemaiRO MOha PAsa badhulaina in the raga poorvikalyani.

anupallavi ;; sumdaRAMgulaGUdi TAgI tamdaNAla prodhubuchina mana ;; mumduVAralu ;;

charanam ;; kanna talli tamdrulanaka annadammu LAtmajulanaka punne KARyamu lerugaka bhutalamuna virraveegi
pannagadhara nijabhamini RAhavanuta gunasSAlini NI sannidhi jeri bhajimchuta KEmari SOmari tanamuna chedi ;; mumduVAralu;;

the meaning is

pallavi ;; what happened to your ancestors who lived on this earth earlier wihout caring any body and with ego .

anupallavi ;; our elders spend their time in drinking wines and enjoying in the company of beautiful ladies.

charanam ;; our ancestors didn't bother for their parents, brothers and childen.
raghava is questioning that what happened to our ancestors who are very much reluctant and lazy to worship holy mother and to meditate on her holy feet.

we can use this song for therapy on persons who are edicted to smoking , drinks , drugs , sugar , bp patients.

after reaching the house bhakta gnanananda teertha noted down the song. then he went to bed for sleeping. then he remembered the comment of the gentleman during the concert again he became angry and felt very unhappy for the comment.
then in that mental situation the song swarajani tomKAra in the raga Arabhi came from the depth of his heart like holy river godavari and made him relieved of his disturbance.

pallavi ;; swara janiTOMKAra NADA khamda pamjarapu chiluka NEmaraka bhajimpara sapta ;; swara janiTOMKAra;;

pallavi ;; meditate on omkara nadam which will be generated by singing sapta swaras with full devotion and alertness.

anupallavi ;; holy mother is the other form of this pranava naadam. she is the main source of energy for lord brahma. vishnu and siva. she will always appear in a happy mood .

charanam ;; because of this type of meditation nectar (amrut ) will be genarated in the heart of the singer which will lead him to salvation. after knowing this fact raghava is worshipping the holy mother by sapta swaras with good tunes.

we can see the essence of bhavanopanishad , bhagavadgita, varivasya and keertana bhakti which is part of nava vidha bhakti margas.

if a singer who leads a pure life without any bad habits and with good character sings with devotion nectar ie amrut will be generated in him which will lead him to salvation.

because of his devotion nectar was generated in bhakta gnanananda teertha when he was singing which led him to salvation.

bhakta gnanananda teertha composed this song putting that nectar generated in him behind each letter with the purpose that who ever sings this song will be liberated from the cycle of birth and death.

the essence of yoga vidhya and the movement of kumdalini was told in the charanam.

ONCE bhakta gnanananda teertha was disturbed due to problems in the life. then came the song KAla vikrutamuna in the raga varali.

pallavi ;; KAla vikrutamuna PAlabadu kasta JAlamulaku bhaya melane manasa ;; KAalavikrutamuna ;;

ANUPALLAVI ;; JAli DIRchi bhakta PAlana JEyu PHAla NEtry mana PAla galgiyumdaGA ;; KAla vikrutamuna ;;

charanam ;; DAra sutalaTO GOdina II samSAramuna sukha viCHAramu LEprodhu VEru GAka AA maranamu naruniki CHEruvai nagadu raghaVAgha phala ;; KAla vikrutamuna ;;

we can see the essence of gita
in this song.

The meaning of the song is

pallavi ;; o mind ;; why you are afraid of problems and miseries which you have to face in your life because of your bad period due o planetary positions.

anupallavi ;; divine moher will save her devotees from these problems by showing her kindness. she will give them relief and confidence by giving them all the support they require at that time .

charanam ;; when you are leading family life with wife, children you have to experience happiness and sorrow simultaneously till he end of your life.

bhakta raghava is advising the mankind to get ready to face all problems in life due to bad period in the life.

we cau use this song for therapy when ever we are disturbed due to sudden , untimely deaths in family and other type of problems.

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 06 Feb 2007, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha ( sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu) , the saint composer of carnatac music of 20 th century uses to say during his life time that
all the pujas we do will reach god like an ordinary post card. the song we sing with full devotion and faith in god will reach him like a fax message.
when sending a fax message we will write at the end reply by return fax.

the saint composer uses to send all of his requests / to convey his problems in the form of songs. they uses to reach the god as fax messages and as per the normal practice he uses to get reply from god in the dreams and some time god was forced to come down to earth to attend to his problems.

in one song he said
NADAnamDAnubhava SAliki NANA vidha yoni janana BAdha lumdune manasa in the raga kharaharapriya.

pallavi ;; NADA namDAnu bhava SAliki NANA vidha yoni janana BAdha lumdune manasa
;; NADAnamDAnubhava SAliki ;;

anupallavi ;; VEda vidita suswara vidha merigi nikhila SAdhuvarulu manaSAra sevimchu pranava ;; NADAnamDAnubhava SAliki ;;

charanam ;; laya sruti badhamau LAlityamuto niyama nista loluku nija bhaktito

KAyaja ripu priya KAMTA mani mukha SOyaga munu juchi
soham anu RAghavanuta vara ;; NADAnamDAnubhava SAliki ;;

the saint composer told in this song through nada pasana we will be liberated from the cycle of birth and death.

the similar thing was told in the song swara janitom KAra NADA khamda pamjarapu chiluka nemaraka bhajimpara sapta ;; swara janita ;;

the essence of yoga vidhya and the movement of kumdalini was told in the charanam

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 06 Feb 2007, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

my favorite song in this raga is the song KAPAdanu nive gada kalilo composed by h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha , the saint composer of carnatac music of 20 th century .

pallavi ; KAPAdanu nive gada kalilo siva KAmasumdari nanu ;; KAPAdanu ;;

anupallavi ;; loPA lopamula madi nava lokimchuchu JAgu cheyaka ;; KAPAdanu ;;

charanam ;; pranava NAdamu cheta ninnu prastu timpaga satatamu
guna viHI nudanai mari ghoshimpaga valase janani
phani pati bhushanuniki priya RAni vaina sri RAjeswari RAghavuni ;; KAPAdanu ;;

O S RAMAKRISHNA

ogirala sri ramakrishna

H H Bhakta gnanananda tirtha ( sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu ) , the saint composer of carnatac music of 20 th century composed one varnam MINAkshi in the raga thodi.

pallavi ;; MINAkshi NIdu pada kamjamule
mikkili nammiti namma madhura ;; ;;

anupallavi ;; MARAriki priya MAniNI mani vaina
maHEswari budha jana maNO BHIsta DAyiNI amba ;; ;;

charanam;; DAri JUpi bhava KAnana metu DAtimtuvo

o s ramakrishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

bhakta gnanananda tirtha ( sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu ) , the saint composer of carnatac music of 20 th century composed a beautiful song devi GAyatry in the raga huseni , adi tala.

pallavi ;; DEVI GAyaTRI NI SAti daiva meva rila jaga DEka samvardhani para ;; DEVI GAyaTRI ;;

anupallavi ;; NIVE brahmamu NIVE trigunamu NIVE sakalamu nigama pamjara suki ;; DEVI GAyaTRI ;;

charanam ;; ravi mamdala VAsini suHAsini
bhava tarani mamDEHAsura bhamjani
nava sasi kaLA dhara pamcha varNAnana
bhuvi RAghava kruta GIta GAna sammodini ;; DEVI GAyaTRI ;;

o s ramakrishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

we can classify the songs of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha into three types.
they are 1. bhakti ( devotion ) 2. gnana ( knowledge ) 3. vairagya (philosophy or vedanta ).

the songs on bhakti are ; 1. sri gayatry in valaji.
2. devi gayatry in huseni.
3. devi kanakadurga amba in rudra priya.
4. devi parvati in madhyamavati.
5. devi kamakshi in maya malava gowla.
6. apara krupanidhi in gnanananda vardhani.
7. padaravimdamule in pranavapriya.
8. pararpari in sri natha namda ramjani.
9. samkara komali in darbar.
10. srikamta sodari in pharaj.

the songs on gnana are ; 1. ni pai na manasu in the raga mukhari
2. bhakti ki sama bhagyamu in sama.
3. ni pada dhyanamu in riti gowla.
4. tamasamu in athana.
5. kala vari nammi in kalyani.
6. nada namda anubhava saliki in kharaharapriya
7. nede ninu in anamda bhairavi.
8. manasuna in bhairavi.
9. em chi ni namamu in vakula bharanam.
10. kadaneru in bhairavi.
11. chetakasunna pude in maya malava gowla.
12. sara hrudayulai in jana ramjani.
13. vuraka dora kuna in the ghana raga arabhi.
14. gnana bhiksha in bahu dhari.

the songs on vedanta are
1. verri nammika to in the raga saveri.
2. vidachi sukhimpave in the raga madhyamavati.
3. yoga sukha viyogunaku in the raga athana.
4. kula medaite nemira in the raga mamdara.
5 . epudaina bhinnnamau in the raga khamas.
6. mumdu vara lemairo in the raga purvi kalyani.
7. tanuve in the ghana raga gowla.
8. vadali poyenadu in the raga purvi kalyani.
9. amta brahama mayamura in the raga mohana.
10. kala vikrutamuna in the raga varali.
11. emduki bhuvilo in the raga kiravani.
12. tana varani nammi in the raga sama.
13. vala sina demi janani in the raga riti gowla.
14. emi gavalemanasa in the raga kedara gowla.
15. nada namda anubhava saliki in kharaharapriya

the songs on contempary problems of society ;
1. kala vari nammi in kalyani.
2. kadaneru in bhairavi.
3. kula medaite nemira in the raga mamdara.
4. mumdu vara lemairo in the raga purvi kalyani.
5. cheppu komti namma janani in mukhari.

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 13 Feb 2007, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

philosophical songs composed by h h bhakta gnanananda teertha

suddenly a song epudainA bhinnamau DAnikoraku in the raga khamAs. at that time he was having towel and his kamandaonly neither pennor pencilnor paper. the song started flowing like river godavari from the depths of his heart.

no body is accopanying him.he was alone.

then he has picked up that pieceof coal and started noting down the song on the river bed it self when it was comming.

this song belongs one of the philosophical songs( on vedanta ) composed by the saint composer of 20th century.
pallavi ;; epudainA bhinnamau DAni koraku imtamamata ETKE O manasa ;; epudaina ;;

anupallavi ;; ipudaiNA DEhi DEha BHEdamarasi nipunataTO nityAanitya tatva merugaKAA ; epudaiNA ;;

CHARANAM ;; pavaNAdi pamcha BHOOta vistrutamau
nava DWARAvruta DEha saudhamuna

the meaning is

pallavi ;; o mind ;; you have to leave this body at any time.it is certain. then why you are so much crazy for this body.

charanam;; generally the human body is compared with a house. it is built with five elements like air, water etc. it is having nine entry points. god is living in this body. is not permanent. but god is only permanent.

raghava is explaining about the nature of body like this in a detailed manner.then why don't you listen to the words of raghava

to the station.

the meaning is

ONCE bhakta gnanananda teertha was disturbed due to problems in the life. then came the song KAla vikrutamuna in the raga varali.

pallavi ;; KAla vikrutamuna PAlabadu kasta JAlamulaku bhaya melane manasa ;; KAalavikrutamuna ;;

ANUPALLAVI ;; JAli DIRchi bhakta PAlana JEyu PHAla NEtry mana PAla galgiyumdaGA ;; KAla vikrutamuna ;;

charanam ;; DAra sutalaTO GOdina II samSAramuna sukha viCHAramu LEprodhu VEru GAka AA maranamu naruniki CHEruvai nagadu raghaVAgha phala ;; KAla vikrutamuna ;;

we can see the essence of gita
in this song.

The meaning of the song is

pallavi ;; o mind ;; why you are afraid of problems and miseries which you have to face in your life because of your bad period due o planetary positions.

anupallavi ;; divine moher will save her devotees from these problems by showing her kindness. she will give them relief and confidence by giving them all the support they require at that time .

charanam ;; when you are leading family life with wife, children you have to experience happiness and sorrow simultaneously till he end of your life.

bhakta raghava is advising the mankind to get ready to face all problems in life due to bad period in the life.
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 21 Feb 2007, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

h h bhakta gnanananda teertha composed a song devi kanaka durga in the raga rudra priya in the praise of kanaka durga of vijayawada , andhra pradesh.

he was the first saint composer of carnatac music to compose a song in praise of devi kanaka durga , the presiding deity of vijayawada.

pallavi ;; devi kanaka durGA amba para siva DEHArdha dharinni nannu brovave

;; devi kanaka durGA ;;

anupallavi ;; viviDHA lamKARA murtivai
vijayaWAdanu vilasillu MA talli ;; devi kanaka durGA ;;

charanam ;; AApada laku lonai bahu TApamu chemdina tanayuni pai

krupa JUpi NI pada bhakti kurchi saphalamuga RAghavuni SAku
;; devi kanaka durGA ;;

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 22 Feb 2007, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha has composed some songs in sanskrit also in which he has no knowledge.
they are ;

1. sri gayatry in the raga valagi.

pallavi ;; sri GAyatry DEvi saNAtani SEvaka jana susreyo DAyini ;; sri GAyatry ;;

anupallavi ;; VAgadhi pati surendra PUjite
varaDAyaki pamcha vadane suHAsini ;; sri GAyatry ;;

charanam ;; RAga dwesha rahiTAmta ramga hite
ratna khachita mani HAra mamdite
rasa hita samGIta modite
RAghaVAdi bhakta rakshana charite ;; sri GAyatry ;;

2. padayuga saroruham in the raga bilahari.

pallavi ; PAdayuga saroruham bhaJAmyaham janani tava ;; padayuga ;;

anupallavi ; VAda tarka rahiTA khamda NAda yogi hrudBHAsita
;; padayuga ;;

charanam ; PAPAnala RUpa bhava samTApa harana nipuna tara
saraSAmruta dhugha VIkshane
pariPAlayaMAm bhakta RAghaVArchita ;; padayuga ;;

3. sakti jaga janani in the raga begada.

pallavi ; sakti jaga janani PAHI PAHI MAm paRA ;; sakti jaga ;;

anupallavi ;; bhakta jaNA BHIsta prada BHAgya samvardhani siva
;; sakti jaga ;;

charanam ;; SARA SAra viCHAra hrudaya viHArini
dhiRAti DHIra danuja suLAmtaki tri SUlini
GHORAti GHOra bhava NIradhi jana tarani
sri RAghaVAri chaya SAra samHArini ;; sakti jaga ;;

4. devi parvati in the raga madhyamavati .

pallavi ;; DEVI PArvati jaga DEka samvardhani para siva ;; devi parvati ;;

anupallavi ;; SEvaka sura pati muni jana su
SREyo DAyaki nannu BROvave ;; devi parvati ;;;

charanam ;; BHAnu TEJAnana bhakta
PApa samana bhava tarana DEvi
GAna suDHAkari samkari
GNANAnamda TIRTHARchita ;; devi parvati ;;

5. devi gayatry in raga huseni. in this song charanam was in sanskrit , pallavi and anupallavi are in telugu.

bhava tarani mamDE HAsura bhamjani
nava sasi kaLA dhara pamcha varNAna
bhuvi RAghava kruta GIta GAna saMMOdini ;; DEVI GAyaTRY ;;

O S RAMAKRISNA
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 28 Feb 2007, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

I have uploaded ‘prAtparI SivakAmEswarI’ in rAg nAdAnaMdaraMjani and tAL Adi from dEvIgAnasudha by OVRS.

Pallavi:
parAtparI SivakAmeSwarI nee
padAbjamulE madi sadAbhajiMcu garI ||parAtparI||

Anupallavi:
purANI SarabiMdu nibhananA
hariharAdi surabhUsurArcitakhanDa ||paratparI||

caraNam:
dharAtalini marapurAni nee nAmA
kSharAmRuta pAna mE kAla mASlMci
SrIrAjarAjESwarI suhAsinI nA
morAliMci brOcu ~jnAnAnaMdateerthArcita ||parAtparI||

Your download link:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/9701aa48-4049 ... y-B-Vimala

regards

Viamala
Last edited by Vimala Bulusu on 15 Mar 2007, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

Lakshman wrote:The kriti pAdAravindamulE is in the rAgA praNavapriyA. Pallavi Sesha Iyer has also composed a kriti in this rAgA.
I reproduce what Prof Sambamurty said about padAraviMdamulE in rAg praNavapriya by OVRS

The Hindu,Sunday Dated : 17th April 1960

Sri Devi Ganasudha - 2nd Volume
The author of this book has already carved for himself a prominent place among contemporary composers. Himself a great Bhakta, his compositions in simple and flowing Telugu breathe the fragrance of devotion. The songs are presented in simple and understandable notation. That the ragas of Indian music furnish an inexhaustible fountain of rich ideas in the sphere of Sangeeta Kavitvam is proved amply by the compositions of Veera Raghava Sarma. The tunes of the pieces are full of raga bhava and some of them are cast in a forceful mould. In the Pallavi of the Kirtana in Todi raga-Adi tala beginning with the word Kaamaakshi Sadaa, the word sadaa is a swaraakshara.

The song Padaaravindamule Gatiyani is a new raga Pranavapriya. This is a janya of the 57th mela Simhendramadhyama and takes the following aarohana and avarohana sa ri ma pa ni sa - sa ni pa ma ga ri sa. The tune of the song is interesting and this raga opens up fresh possibilities.

- P Sambamoorty
(Music Critic)

Regards

Vimala

ogirala sri ramakrishna

h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha was the first saint composer in the history of carnatac music to propogate the philosophy of gayatry through music.

he has composed three songs on gayatry .

they are 1. sri gayatry in the raga valaji.

pallavi ;; sri GAyatry DEvi saNAtani SEvaka jana susreyo DAyini ;; sri GAyatry ;;

anupallavi ;; VAgadhi pati surendra PUjite
varaDAyaki pamcha vadane suHAsini ;; sri GAyatry ;;

charanam ;; RAga dwesha rahiTAmta ramga hite
ratna khachita mani HAra mamdite
rasa hita samGIta modite
RAghaVAdi bhakta rakshana charite ;; sri GAyatry ;;

pallavi ; DEVI GAyatry NI SAti daiva meva rila jaga deka samvardhani ;; ;;

anupallavi ;; NIve brahmamu NIVE trigunamu NIVE sakalamu nija pamjara sukhi
;; DEVI GAyatry ;;

bhava tarani mamDE HAsura bhamjani
nava sasi kaLA dhara pamcha varNAna
bhuvi RAghava kruta GIta GAna saMMOdini ;; DEVI GAyaTRY ;;

3. apara krupanidhi in the raga gnanananda vardhani.

pallavi ; aPAra kruPAniDHI vani NI NAma mePAa NA madi nuPAsimtune amba ;; aPAra kruPAniDHI ;;;

anupallavi ;; kaPAla samkha chakra gaDAmkusa khadga DHArini

MA PAli daivaMA sri MAheswaRI GAyatry ;; aPAra kruPAniDHI ;;;

charanam ;; saNAtani sachiDA namda RUpini sri NAthanamda sadguru TIRTHOPAsini
aNAdiGA hari haRAdi sura lella
ghaNAbhi nutu lidare GNANAnamda tirTHArchita ;; aPAra kruPAniDHI ;;
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 13 May 2007, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

I have uploaded 2 songs
1. UrakadorakunA_Arabhi_khaMDa aTa
2. tanuvE dharmArdha kAma mOkSha_gaula_ khaMDa aTa
from dEvIgAnasudha by OVRS, each with 5 caraNams.

1. UrakadorakunA_Arabhi_khaMDa aTa

pallavi
UrakadorakunA umApada sarasija mAtmanilpanu tana ||kU||

anupallavi
pOrADi SarucayamAriMTi dunimi | talapulella SivasatipainiDa ||kU||

caraNam
1. dharaNIsuravara dharmamarasi ya~jnakarmAdula gala marmameruga ||kU||
2. paramabhaktajana pAvani, smararipumAnini, bhavabhayahAriNi, tribhuvanapAlini kamala kapAla gadA Suka SoolavilAsini || U||
3. dhanasudatImaNi tanayulayaDa gala tamakamuna dagili tana prea yani bahu tamamuna munugucu paratatva mahatvamerugani naruna ||kU||
4. paramAnaMdasukha mAtmakiDu nijamArgamerugu samAdhiyutu, padamASrayiMci, UmAkathalabhimAnamuna vina ||kU||
5. rAghavageetaswaramulaMdum Sruti rAjilucu, nAdhAramagu nOMkAranAda,tarMgalaya. makaraMdaruci, lE ||kU||

Your donload reference:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/510c254e-19ad ... y-B-Vimala

2.tanuvE dharmArdha kAma mOkSha_gaula_ khaMDa aTa

pallavi
tanuvE dharmArdha kAma mOkShamulArjiMpadagusAdhanamu ||ta||

anupallavi
vinavE mansA sakalEMdriyamul cakkanai veligE mAnava ||ta||

caraNam
1. nAkapitrilOkavAsulakE kAlamASrayamai rAjillu ||ta||
2. saphala manOradhudautakeMci | yAgAdi sukarmamulAcariMc dEvEMdrAdi sura gaNamulaku havirbhAgamulanu baMcu ||ta||.
3. annasAramAdhAramai bhuvini rudhara mAMsa mdhassulacE | nabhyunnati jeMdi durvishayAdulaku lObaDi ceDani |ta||
4. sakalajeevarAsula narudai doraku narajanma midi kAka | bharatabhUmini janiMcu prabala puNya dhanayutamai barageDi ||ta||
5. nAdayOga ji~jnAsala galigi | pra~jnAna varaguru pramukhavikAsuni prEma golici | su~jnAna sulakShaNa SikShitudai tA | vAda tarkamula mAni mauniyai nAdAkhaMDa vibhUti nAtmagani rAghava sannuta cidAnaMda cidrUpamu jeMdu ||ta||

Your donload reference:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/ceb3682e-5936 ... t-B-Vimala

Regards

Vimala
Last edited by Vimala Bulusu on 08 Mar 2007, 06:55, edited 1 time in total.

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

quote=rshankar]Vimalaji:
In the newer u/ls, there seems to be some echo in the recording. Have you changed your recording techniques? The recording quality in earlier ones was good - I think the ones that were most affected by the echo (or something else - I just know that there is some distrurbance) in my opinion were the kriti in parAz, and the two mOhana rAga ones. Even the last one in lalita is not totally clear.

I rendered the following directly into the computer. Please let me know if the quality is OK. Then I shall correct any other song.
http://www.esnips.com/doc/d720d8cc-ca68 ... y-B-Vimala

http://www.esnips.com/doc/f930bf9b-4e53 ... y-B-Vimala

http://www.esnips.com/doc/0447edd4-5768 ... y-B-Vimala

http://www.esnips.com/doc/7e102e59-3814 ... y-B-Vimala

http://www.esnips.com/doc/bcd95c3e-45dd ... y-B-Vimala

http://www.esnips.com/doc/69de4ae2-10e3 ... y-B-Vimala

http://www.esnips.com/doc/0897ddfe-f8fc ... r-HiMdoLam

So far I uploaded 68 of 86 compositions.

Regards

Vimala

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

I will d/l them and let you know, Vimalaji. Thank you so much!

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

I have uploaded

haranArI_madhyamAvati_Adi from dEvIgAnasudha by OVRS.

pallavi
haranArI nAmAkShararuciyE
naruniki dorakunO manasA smara ||hara||

anupallavi
surakinnarakiMpurusha bhU
sura mAnasamuna kagOcaramau ||hara||

caranam
pulakaMkitudai pUni vividha suma
mula poojiMci bhuvaneSwari sannidhi
kalakAla meDategani bhukti bhU
talamunajeyu rAghavanutunikE gAka ||hara||

your download reference
http://www.esnips.com/doc/3356e283-5c12 ... y-B-Vimala

Regards

Vimala

ogirala sri ramakrishna

I am hosting birth centinary celibration of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha ( sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu ) on 24-3-2007, saturday at guntur in ap to pay musical tribute to the saint composer of carnatac music of 20 th century.

i have taught the compositions of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha to a group of ladies for this occassion. the group was named as pranavapriya who will carry forward my mission in the future.

o s ramakrishna

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

Birth centenary of Bhakta Jnananada Teertha, Shri Ogirala veera Raghava Sarma was celebrated at Sri Gayatri Panchayatana peetham at Kovvur by his wife and family memebers on 19 March 2007. Family members rendered the kritis from Devi Gana Sudha. After that, family members did paada pooja and offered new clothes to his wife. I actively participated in the programme.

As a tribute to my revered father, I completed uploading of all the 86 kritis(including one varnam) from Deviganasuda at http://www.esnips.com/web/deviganasudha

Regards
B Vimala
Last edited by Vimala Bulusu on 27 Mar 2007, 08:13, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

birth centinary of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha was celebrated at guntur on 24-03-2007 in the presence of gayatry devi temple premises in sidheswari pitha omkara ksetram at guntur as per the desire of gayatry devi in devotional atmosphere.

the programme started with folral tribute to h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha . it was followed by rendering of pancharatna kritis sadguru(behag), namasumarchana(mayamalava gowla), vuraka dorakuna(ghana raga arabhi), tanuve(ghana raga gowla), rare ramanulamta( ghana raga kedara).

it was follwed by rendering of compoitions of h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha sada siva nayaki(raga pharaj), sri gayatry(raga valaji), manasa(surata), harati(surata).

o s armakrishna gayatry panchayatana pithadhipati, president, sadguru sri bahkta gnnananda tirtha mission,
sadguru sri bahkta gnnananda tirtha sangeta sabha, founder pricipal , sadguru sri bahkta gnnananda tirtha music college addressed the gathering on the life and compositions of sadguru sri bahkta gnnananda tirtha .

sadguru sri bahkta gnnananda tirtha mission conferred the title srimad deviganasudha prapoorna on late ogirala gowri sankara sastry , the elder son of the saint composer postumously .

sri o.s.ramakrishna , smt. o.gowri, smt.g.lohitakumari, smt.g.valli, smt.a.v.lakshmi, smt.j.maruti, disciples of os ramakrishna and students of sadguru sri bahkta gnnananda tirtha music college rendered the compositions of sadguru sri bahkta gnnananda tirtha on this occassion.
o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 28 Mar 2007, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

congratulations vimala for uploading all the songs from srimad deviganasudha and for celibrating the birth centinary function at the holy place kovvur , the abode of sadguru sri bahkta gnnananda tirtha .

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 28 Mar 2007, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

H H Bhakta gnanananda tirtha composed a song bhajimpa ledani iun the raga KEDAra. this was in praise of the presiding deity of chidambaram which he never visited during his life time.

brahma vidya was told in this song. the route to salvation was told in this song.

pallavi ;; bhajimpa ledani madilo nanu tyajimpaKE nata RAJAmtaramgini ;; bhajimpa;;

anupallavi ;; aJAdi sura mauniJOttamulavale niJAmta ramgamuTO NI MUrtini ;; bhajimpaledani ;;

charanam;; HInamagu bhava KAnanamuna tudi
GAnanagu suGNAna mosagu DEVI
GAna suDHAkari bhava hari samkari
GAna merigi RAghavudu suswaramuTO ;; bhajimpaledani ;;

o s ramakrishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

I have added list of songs in my site bhakta gnanananda tirtha
ogiralaveeraraghavasrama.com which was connected to the books/ songs in telugu and tamil with notation. this will make the navigation of songs easier.

o s ramakrishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

h h bhakta gnanananda tirtha composed a song bhakti ki sama bhagyamu in the raga SAma.

pallavi ;; bhakti ki sama BHAgyamu le dani siva sakti NARAdhimpa leVA O manaSA ;; bhaktki ;;

anupallavi ;; bhukti mukti praDA yaki yani madi niJA saktiti swara laYAdi rakti delasi jeyu ;; bhakti ki ;;

charanam ;; PUni dharMARdha KAmamula nosagu YAga PURnudaite janana maranamuluduguna
RAnu poNU MANU raJA marGAmau DEVI GAna sudha PAna vignanamuto RAghavuni

;; bhakti ki ;;

brahma vidya was told in this song .
the way to salvation was shown in this song by mother gayatry to the mankind through her devotee h h bhakta gnaannanda tirtha.

by singing this this song regularly with devotion we can come out of the cycle of birth and death .

in charanam RAnu ponu MAnu RAnu indicate birth , ponu indicate death MAnu means not to have.

in total the meaning is to come out of the cycle of life and death.

The meaning is

pallavi ;; o mind ;; there is nothing which is equivalent to bhakti. can't you worship the holy mother who is the source of energy to lord siva.

anuupallavi ;; o mother ; i know that you wil bless your devotees with both salvation and bhakti.

charanam ;; i am worshipping you with the belief after enjoying happiness that i derive if i worship you with good songs composed with good tunes
the person will be liberated from the cycle of life and death because of the spiritual power in thesesongs.
o mother ; you will fulfill the desires of your devotees . i am enjoying the sweetness in the compositions of srimad devi gana sudha. they will show you the royal route to reach your holy feet.

raghava is worshipping you after getting this knowledge with your kindness.

the essence of bhagavad gita and narada bhakti sutra is there in this song.

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 17 May 2007, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

h h gnanananda tirtha composed a song syamala GAtri paRA in the raga jamjhuti.

pallavi ;; syamla GAtri paRA sakTI amba ;; syamala ;;

anupallavi ;; vemaru niamala;; s bhakta vedanala harimchU velpu niVE gadate veDAtita ;; syamala ;;

charanam ;; 1. BHAramate dina PAlini vaina tri SUlini nannu brovave kaPAlini ;; syamala ;;

o s ramakrishna
Last edited by ogirala sri ramakrishna on 22 May 2007, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

There are 86 kritis(including one varNam) in 52 ragAs in DevigAnasudha composed by OVRS.The following is the list of kritis according to alphabetical order of rAga. All the kritis have been rendered by me (3 by my father) and uploaded at

rAgaM Kriti tALaM
abhogi sumaSarahara vara Adi
AnaMdabhairavi neDE ninnu sevimpavale miSracApu
Arabhi Uraka dorakunA (khaM)aTa
Arabhi KalavAri nammi Jhampe
Arabhi Swara janitoMkAra khaMDatripuTa
arikAMmbhoji parAtparI Adi
aThAnA tAmasamu Adi
aThAnA yOga sukha viyOgunaku rUpaka
bahudAri ~JnAnabhikShamiDave Adi
bEgaDa Sakti jagajjanani rUpaka
bEhAg sadgurucharana saroruha khaMDatripuTa
bhairavi KAdanEru janani Adi
bhairavi Manasuna ninne tiSratripuTa
bilahari pAdayuga saroruham rUpaka
cakravAkaM Neeke daya raada janani Adi
darbAru SaMkara kOmali Adi
darbAru nee bhaktavarulakilalO tiSratripuTa
dhanyAsi pApamE jwaradi tiSramArg-Adi
gaMbhIra nATa apAra kRupanidhi Adi
goula Thanuve dharmardha (khaM)aTa
goula pArvatI niraparadhi ne Adi
hiMdoLa AdiSakti Sankari rUpaka
huseini devI gAyatrI Adi
jaganmOhini kAvavE kamalakShi Adi
jaMjhooti SyAmalagAtri Adi
janaraMjani sAra hRudayulai (saM)triputa
kalyANi nAyeDa mancithanamu Adi
kAMbhoji kAmESwari khaMDatripuTa
kAnaDa madanAri vara sudatI Adi
kEdAra rArE ramaNulaMtA Adi
kEdAra bhajiMpaledani Adi
kEdAra gauLa Emi kAvalene Adi
kEdAra gauLa kalugunA kAmakShi miSrajhaMpe

khamAs epuDainA bhinnamau Adi
kharaharapriya nAdAnaMdAnubhavaSAliki Adi
kIravANi eMdukI bhuvilO naruDai Adi
madhyamAvati haranAri nAmAkShara Adi
madhyamAvati viDaci sukhiMpavE rUpaka
madhyamAvati dEvI pArvatI rUpaka
maMdAra kulamEdaitEnEmirA Adi
maNiraMgu vlnnanamma jananI Adi
maNiraMgu talli sadA nI Adi
mAyAmALavagowLa ceta kAsunnappudE Adi
mAyAmALavagowLa nAma sumArcanasEtu Adi
mAyAmALavagowLa devI kAmAkShI Adi
mAyAmALavagowLa pinnavAnigA rUpaka
mOhana taruNamidE Adi
mOhana rAjarAjESwari Adi
mOhana aMtAbrahmamayamurA Adi
mukhAri ceppukoMtinamma Adi
mukhAri nIpai nA manasu rUpaka
pharaju sadASivanAyaki Adi
pharaju SailatanayA Adi
pharaju SrIkAMtasOdarI Adi
Poorvi KaLyaNi vadalipOyEnADu Adi
Poorvi KaLyaNi para Siva sudatI Adi
Poorvi KaLyaNi muMduvAralEmairO rUpaka
praNavapriya padAraviMdamulE Adi
reEgupti kAdanakE Adi
reetigouLa nIpadadhyAnamu Adi
reetigouLa vErevvarammajananI khaMDatripuTa
reetigouLa valasinadEmi jananI khaMDatripuTa
reetigouLa rAvammajananI miSracApu
rudrapriya dEvIkanakadurgaMba Adi
sAma bhaktiki sama bhAgyamu Adi
sAma tanavArani nammiceDakurA Adi
SaMkarAbharaNaM SaMkarArdhaSarIrinI Adi
SaMkarAbharaNaM vEshadharuDaina Adi
sArMga nannubrova Adi
sAvEri nI sevaku tagu miSrajhaMpe
sAvEri aMdukonavammA Adi
sAvEri verri nammikato tiSratripuTa
shaNmukhapriya kApADanu Adi
suddhadhanyAsi suMdari sadA Adi
suddhadhanyAsi AliMci pAliMcu rUpaka
suraTa hAraticEkonavE Adi
suraTa manasA sadA SivamAnini Adi
tODi mInakShi - Tana varNaM Adi
tODi parASakti sadA (saM)triputa
tODi InADevaritO Adi
tODi kAmakShi sadA nI pada Adi
vAcaspati oMTarigA vidESamulakanupaka khaMDatripuTa
vakuLAbharaNaM enci nI nAmamu Adi
valaji SrIgAyatrI Adi
varALi kAlavikrutamuna Adi
vivardhini siitanaganilyunisudati Adi

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

I propose to post one song a week from dEvIgAnasudha by OVRS

SrIgAyatrI_valaji_Adi

pallavi
Sri gAyatrI dEvi sanAtani sEvakajana suSreyodAyani ||SrI||

anupallavi
vAgadhipati surEmdrapUjitE – varadAyaki pamcavadane suhAsini ||SrI||

caraNam
rAgadwesha rahitAmtaram gahitE – ratnakhacita maNihAra maMditE –
rasahita samgItamOditE _rAghavAdi bhaktarakShaNacaritE ||SrI||

Ihave uploaded the above kriti rendered by me at

http://rapidshare.com/files/55866909/Sr ... a.wav.html

The lyric in Telugu and Tamil transliteration with meaning in Tamil is available at

http://rapidshare.com/files/55871200/Sr ... 7285404890

Meaning in English is welcome.

Regards

Vimala
Last edited by Vimala Bulusu on 15 Sep 2007, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.