Ogirala VeeraRaghavaSharma- GAyathri Devi upAsakA

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
jaisrikrishna

Post by jaisrikrishna »

I am starting a thread for the first time in this section.

This is going to be on the the nAdhOpAsakA and GAyathri dEvi upAsaka of the 20th century, Sri OgiralaVeeraRAghavaSharma more commonly known as GnAnandhaTeertha. He has composed 86 krithis in praise of his Ishta Gayathri DEvi. His spiritual guru was Shri Natha Nanda Teertha (a Brahmachari and profound Vedic Scholar)

His compositions include 2 ghana RAga krithis in Gaula and Aarbhi similar to sathguru ThyAGarAjAs pancharathnams.He has composed a krithi, "PadaaraVindamule Gatiyani"in a new rAga akin to Simhendramadhyama.All the compositions composed by him are oriented to "Bhakti"(devotion) "Gyana"(knowledge) and "Viragya"(renunciation).

His Compositions have been rendered in many music concerts by various artists, some of them being Shri G N Balasubramaniam, Shri Ariyakudi, Shri Maharajapuram Vishwanatha Iyer, Shri Chembai Vaidyanatha Bhagavathar, Smt Bangalore Nagaratnam, Smt DK Pattammal, Shri DK Jairaman, Shri TR Subrahmanyam, Shri M Balamurali Krishna, Smt Jayalakshmi Santanam, Smt Arundhathi Sarkar, Smt Malathi Padmanabha Rao, Smt Vinjamuri Lakshmi, Shri Nethi Shreerama Sharma, Shri O S Thyagarajan, Hyderabad sisters, Smt P Rama, Smt Vimala Krishnamoorty, Smt A Sudha Rani, Smt Baby Gayatri, Smt Nityashri, Smt TR Balamani, Sunadamala Brundam, etc..

The following websites have more information for you.

I welcome thoughts/views/factoids/ sound recordings from the interested and the knowlegeable ones here.

http://ovrs.20m.com/index.html

http://www.ogiralaveeraraghavasarma.com/index.htm

adiyEn
ThyAgayya and rAmanuja DAsan
sarvam seethArAmachandrArpanam

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

The kriti pAdAravindamulE is in the rAgA praNavapriyA. Pallavi Sesha Iyer has also composed a kriti in this rAgA.

jaisrikrishna

Post by jaisrikrishna »

Thanks 4 the info Lakshman Sir

It would be really great if someone could upload a recording of a krithi in this rAGA

dAsan
krishna

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

The song has been rendered by Dr.Bhagyalekshmy and details are here:

http://www.khazana.com/et/products/prod ... sku=&List=

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Post by ogirala sri ramakrishna »

Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha ( Sri Ogirala Veera Raghava Sarma Garu) was the Saint Composer of Carnatac Music of 20th century. He was the first Saint composer to compose a song on Gayatry. He was the first Saint Composer to compose on Devi Kanakadurga of Vijayawada. He was the first Saint Composer to write his autobiography. He was the first Saint composer to write his compositions in the form of a book with a title. The name of his book was SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA.
His mudras : 3 type of mudras appear in his songs
1. Raghava upto the year 1981.
2. Gnanananda Teertha from the year 1982.
3. Deviganasudha, the name of his book.
He was the first Saint Composer to use the mudras like this.
I am second son ,disciple and spiritual successor of H H Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha.

O.S.RAMAKRISHNA
EMAIL: osr0655@yahoo.com.in
CELL NO : 09394111516
ADD. RCC, ONGC , 6 TH FLOOR, WEST WING ,EGMORE,CHENNAI.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

H H Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha (HH BGT) was a paramahamsa who has seen Goddess Gayatry in Saguna, nirguna forms, in living things and in non living things.
He has composed two songs in 2 new ragas.
1. PADARAVIMDAMULE in the raga PRANAVAPRIYA in the year 1950s.
2. PARATPARI SIVA KAMESWARI in the raga SRI NATHANAMDA RAMJANI in the year 1984.
Saint Thyagaraja attained mahasamadhi 150 years back. During this period he was another Saint Composer.
Like Saint Thyagaraja Saint Gnanananda Teertha also composed few songs on the science of Carnatac Music.
They are 1. NADANAMDA ANUBHAVASALIKI NANA VIDHA YONI JANANA BADHA LUMDUNE MANASA in the raga Kharaharapriya.
2. SWARAJANITOMKARA NADA PAMJARAPU CHILUKA NE YEMARAKA BHAJIMPARA SAPTA in the raga Arabhi.

KAVAVE KAMALAKSHI AMBA was the first song composed by him in the raga Jaganmohini in 1930s .
PARATPARI SIVA KAMESWARI was the last song composed by him in the year 1984 in the new raga SRI NATHANAMDA RAMJANI.

He composed songs with mudra as RAGHAVA till the year1981.
MANASA SADASIVA MANINI was the first song composed by him in the year 1982 with the mudra GNANANNANDA TEERTHA. After that he never composed a song with the mudra as RAGHAVA .

His date of birth was 23-03-1908. His date of mahasamadhi was
04-01-1989 when he was 80 years old.
His birth centinary is falling in 2007-2008.
He has composed one Tana Varnam and 85 songs in 60 ragas in Telugu and Sanskrit and published them in Telugu and Tamil.
He has established GAYATRY PANCHAYATANA PEETHAM and worshipped Gayatry for the universal peace and prosperity of mankind.
During Navratry days once he was blessed by Gayatry with SRI VIDHYA MAHA MNATRA in a dream . After that he has composed the song PINNA VANIGA NANNU PILACHI BROVAVE AMBA in the raga Mayamalavagowla.
Once incident will happen. Due to that he will get a feeling may be happiness or sorrow. Due to influence of that feeling a song will come down automatically like holy river Godavari.

O.S.RAMAKRISHNA

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha chosen me in the year 1983 as his spiritual successor to the Gayatry Panchyatana Peetham founded by him . In this capacity I have established 1. Sadguru Sri Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha (SSBGT) Mission in the year 1983 at Kolkata with his blessings during his life time.
2. SSBGT Sanggeta Sabha in the year 1989 at Kolkata.
3. SSBGT Music College at Mumbai in the year 1998.
Every year I will conduct his Aradhana festival on Margasira Bahula Dwadasi , Phalguna Bahula Panchami as his birth aniversary .
My hobby is to deliver lecture on the life and compositions of SSBGT and to teach his songs to the interested persons.
I am one of the very few persons who can sing his songs and who can speak on him with authority.
At present I am developing a web site OGIRALAVEERARAGHAVASHARMA.COM as a tribute to my spiritual guru H H Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha on the eve of his birth centinary which is falling in the year 2007. The work is in progress.

I have produced and directed a vedio documentary film on SSBGT in the year 1987 during his life time with his blessings.
I have recorded all his songs with his own voice as audio tapes and audio CDs.
During my stay at Kolkata in 1990s Igot the opportunity to tranlate his songs into English on the request and encoragement of Bengali devotees.
I am having the song PADARAVIMDAMULE in the new raga PRANAVAPRIYA with his own voice. But I donot know how to upload this song . I can share this song with you.

O.S.RAMAKRISHNA

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha lived like an ordinary human being on this earth. He has undergone all the sufferings and problems of an ordinary man. When ever he faced a problem he composed a song . If we sing/ read that song we can solve our problems.
I am doings research and experiments with his songs for the last 25 years and getting very positive results.
I am doing music therapy also with some songs and got good results.
Many mantras are there in these songs.
The following songs we can use for different purposes
CHEPPUKOMTINAMMA JANANI- MUKHARI- MONEY PROBLEMS, FOR DAUGHTERS MARRIAGE
PAPAME JWARADI - DHANYASI- FOR GOOD HEALTH
TAMASAMU SAMIMPAGA RADA - ATHANA - FOR BP, HEART AILMENTS
OMTARIGA VIDESAMULAKU - VACHASPATI- TO PROTECT FROM ACCIDENTS / ACCIDENTAL DEATHS
MUMDUVARA LEMAIRO - PURVIKALYANI- FOR DRUG,DRINK,SMOKING ADICTED PERSONS IF THEY WANT TO LEAVE THEM
KADANAKE SIVA KAMESWARI - REGUPTI - TO REMOVE ENEMIES FROM OUR WAY WITHOUT HARMING THEM
KALA VIKRUTAMUNA PALA BADU KASTA JALAMULAKU - VARALI- TO FACE THE PROBLEMS IN LIFE
GNANABHIKSHA NIDAVE JANANI - BAHUDHARI - FOR STUDENTS TO SUCEED IN THEIR EXAMS

I am daily using these songs in my day to day life in solving my problems.

O.S.RAMAKRISHNA

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

But I donot know how to upload this song
Ramakrishna: You can use rapidshare.

Here are the steps.

1) goto http://www.rapidshare.de/

2) Click the browse button and point to the song file

3) Then click on the upload button

4) once uploaded, it will give you two links, something like this.

Your Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/.../...
Your Delete-Link: http://rapidshare.de/.../...

Post the download link to the forum.

mnsriram

Post by mnsriram »

Here is another link that has the sAhityam in telugu for some of his compositions.

http://andhrabharati.com/kIrtanalu/OgirAla/

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha was a Gayatry upasaka. He has composed songs due to the grace of Gayatry. His book Srimad Deviganasudha has a relavance with Gayatry mantra. If we join the first letters of some songs we will get Gayatry mantra. If we join first letters of some songs we will get SRI VIDHYA MAHA MANTRA.
GAYATRY mantra has 3 paadaas. Srimad Deviganasudha is containing 3 volumes.Each volume containing one song on Gayatry and ending with a harati song. 3 volumes in the Srimad Deviganasudha are indicating the three paadams in Gayatry maha mantra.
Every hindu has to do SANDHYAVANDANA 3 TIMES. now a days it is difficult to do 3 times due to nature of our jobs.
Every human being is having three phases in life ie childhood, middle age, old age.
When Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha was young the song SRI GAYATRY came, when he was in the middle age the song DEVI GAYATRY came, when he was in the old age just before his departure from this earth the song APARAKRUPANIDHI on Gayatry came. He has composed 3 songs on GAYATRY in his youth, middle age and in old age which are reflectng three sandhyavandanams.
when we are unable to do sandhyavandanam we have to sing that particular song . I uses to do like that.
By composing three songs on Gayatry he has broken all types of barriers to enable each and every body to meditate on GAYATRY irrespective of caste ,gender etc.
hari om tatsat
o s ramakrishna

jaisrikrishna

Post by jaisrikrishna »

Dear Sir,

We are really greateful to you for sharing the tathvams behind the krithis of
your father, HH bhaktha gnAnAnandha theerthA. Please continue to share more information. It will also be really great if you can upload some of his renditions as you had mentioned out of your research. Definitely upload the krithi pAdhAravindhamulEy in the rAGa pranavapriya as rendered by your guru.

I have also started an communtiy @ orkut in remembrance of your father and gAyathri dEvi upASakAr. Interested group memebers who have an account at
orkut.com , can join the community using the following link

http://www.orkut.com/ProfileC.aspx?uid= ... 6798&pno=8

adiyEn
thyAgayya and rAmanuja dAsan

ogirala sri ramakrishna

RELAVANCE OF LALITA SAHASRANAMAS IN SRIMADDEVIGANASUDHA
WE CAN FIND RELAVANCE OF LALITA NAMAS IN SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA.
LALITA NAMAS START ITH THE NAMA SRI MATA.
SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA STARTED WITH SRI GAYATRY IN THE FIRST SONG SRI GAYATRY IN HIS BOOK .
LALITA NAMAS ENDED WITH THE NAMA LALITAAMBA.
SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA ENDED WITH THE NAMA LALITAMBA IN THE SONG RARE RAMANULAMTA IN THE RAGA KEDARA.
WE CAN FIND MANY LALITA NAMAS DIRECTLY/ INDIRECTLY IN THE SONGS OF H H BHAKTA GNANANANDA TEERTHA. I AM HAVING AN UN PUBLISHED WORK ON THIS SUBJECT WRITTEN BY ME.

RELAVANCE OF NAVA VIDHA BHAKTIS IN SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA.
NAVA VIDHA BHAKTIS ARE REFLECTING IN HIS SONGS. I AM HAVING UN PUBLISHED WORK ON THIS TOPIC WRITTEN BY ME.

RELAVANCE OF NARADA BHAKTI SUTRAS IN SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA.
WE CAN FIND NARADA BHAKTI SUTRAS IN SOME SONGS. I AM HAVING AN UNPUBLISHED WORK BY ME ON THIS.

RELAVANCE OF BHAGAVAD GITA IN SRIMADDEVIGANASUDHA.
WE CAN FIND THE ESSENCE OF SRIMAD BHAGAVAD GITA IN SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA. I AM HAVING AN UNPUBLISHED WORK ON THIS TOPIC.
RELAVANCE OF DASA MAHAVIDHYAS IN SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA.
WE CAN FIND DASA MAHA VIDHYAS IN SOME SONGS . I AM HAVING UN PUBLISHED WORK BY ME ON THIS.
RELAVANCE OF 108 UPNAISHADS IN SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA.
WE CAN FIND THE ESSENCE OF 108 UPANISHADS IN SOME SONGS. I AM HAVING A UNPUBLISHED WORK BY MY SELF ON THIS.
DUE TO SPACE PROBLEM I AM NOT GOING INTO THE DETAILS.
BRAHMAVIDHYA WAS TAUGHT IN SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA.

O S RAMAKRISHNA

ogirala sri ramakrishna

SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA -- A MAHA KAVYA AND A MAHA MANTRA
RAMAYANA AND MAHABHARATA ARE MAHA KAVYAS. THE ESSENCE OF THAT MAHA KAVYA WILL BE TOLD IN A SINGLE WORD WHAT THAT BOOK IS GOING TO TELL ABOUT.
SRI GAYATRI WAS THE FIRST SONG IN THE BOOK SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA. THE WORD RASA IN CHARAMAM RAGADWESHA --- RASA HITA SAMGITA MODITE INDICATES THAT THIS BOOK IS GOING TO TELL ABOUT PARAMANAMDA RASA. SO SRI MADDEVIGANASUDHA WAS A MAHAKAVYA.
A WORD WITH PRANAVAMS AT THE BEGINING AND AT THE END WILL BE CALLED AS A MAHA MANTRA.
SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA STARTS WITH THE FIRST SONG SRI GAYATRY IN THE RAGA VALAJI IN THIS SRI IS A PRANAVAM. IT ENDS WITH SRI RAJARAJESWARI IN THE SONG RARE RAMANULAMTA IN THE RAGA KEDARA AGAIN SRI AS A PRANAVAM.
THIS INDICATES THE WORD SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA IT SELF IS A MAHA MANTRA.
I WAS INITIATED INTO SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA MAHA MANTRAM BY HOLY MOTHER GAYATRY HERSELF IN A DREAM IN THE YEAR 1983 DURING HOLY NAVARATRY DAYS AND I WAS ASKED TO DO THE PARAYANA OF SRIMAD DEVIGANASUDHA REGULARLY . I WAS TOLD THE SAMKALPAM , AMGANYASAM AND KARANYASM OF THIS MAHA MANTRA BY GAYATRY MATA. I AM DOING THIS FOR TH ELAST 25 YEARS.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE NAME OGIRALA VEERA RAGHAVA SARMA.
OM IN THE OGIRALA INDICATES THAT SADGURU SRI BHAKTA GNANANANDA TEERTHA WAS A PRANAVOPASAKA, VEERA INDICATES THAT HE WAS A SRIVIDHYA UPASAKA, SARMA INDICATES THAT HE WAS A GAYATRY UPASAKA. THE WORD GIRALA INDICATES BRAHMA, VEERA INDICATES SIVA , RAGHAVA INDICATES VISHNU. DATTATEYA IS THE COMBINATION OF BRAHMA,VISHNU AND SIVA. THIS INDICATES THAT HE WAS A DATTATREYA AVATARAM.

O S RAMAKRISHNA

ogirala sri ramakrishna

THE MUSICIANS WHO HAS PROPOGATED THE SONGS OF H H BHAKTA GNANANANDA TEERTHA IN THEIR CONCERTS ARE
ARIYAKUDI -- SONG PARVATI NIRAPARADHINE IN RAGA GOWLA
MARAJAPURAM VISWANATHAIYER -- VESHADHARUDU -- SAMKARABHARANAM.
CEMBAI -- DEVI KANAKDURGA -- RUDRAPRIYA
GNB -- SUMASARA HARAVARA SUDATI -- ABHOGI
ALATTOR BROTHERS -- PAPAME JWARADI -- DHANYASI
CHITALAPALLI RAMACHANDRA RAO (BANGALORE) -- NADANAMDA ANUBHAVA SALIKI -- KARAHARAPRIYA
VIMJAMURI VARADA RAJA IYEMGAR-- NIPADA DHYANAMU -- RITIGOWLA.
UPPALPATI AMKAIAH -- KULAMEDAITE NEMIRA -- MAMDARA
D.K.JAYARAMAN -- SUMDARI SASA -- SUDHA DHANYASI
VEENAI SAMBASIVA IYER -- DEVI GAYATRY -- HUSENI
D. K. PATTAMMAL -- SUSUNDARI SADA -- SUDHA DHANYASI
T.R.SUBRAHMANYAM -- SUNDARI SADA -- SUDHA DHANYASI
M.BALAMURALIKRISHNA -- 1.SRI GAYATRY -- VALAJI
2. SITANAGA NILAYAUNI -- VIVARDHANI
N.C.VASAMTA KOKILA -- ADI SHAKTI SAMKARI -- HIMDOLA
O.S. THYGARAJAN -- SUMDARI SADA -- SUDHA DHANYASI

NETI SRI RAMA SARMA -- SRI GAYATRY -- VALAJI

O.S.RAMAKRISHNA

ogirala sri ramakrishna

THE SONG SRI GYATRI IN THE RAGA VALAJI MADE HH BHAKTA GNANANANDA TEERTHA IMMORTAL.
PALLAVI : SRI GAYATRY DEVI SANATANI SEVAKA JANA SUSREYODAYINI
ANUPALLAVI : VAGADHAIPATI SURENDRA PUJITE VARADAYAKI PANCHA VADANE SUHASINI
CHARANAM : RAGADWESHA RAHITAMTA RAMGAHITE
RATNAKHACHTA MANIHARA MAMDITE
RASAHITA SAMGITA MODITE
RAGHAVADI BHAKTA RAKSHANA CHARITE.
PHYSICALLY KAVAVE KAMALAKSHI IN THE RAGA JAGANMOHINI WAS THE FIRST SONG COMPOSED BY H H BGT. THEN CAME SONG SRI GAYATRY.
THE LETTER KA IN THE SONG KAVAVE INDICTES THE FIRST LETTER IN SRI VIDHYA MAHAMANTRA KA. THE LETTER SRI IN THE SONG SRI GAYATRY INDICATES THE LAST LETTER SRI IN THE SHODASI MAHAMANTRA SRI. THE ORDER SHOULD BE KA, SRI.
WHEN PRINTING THE BOOK THE ORDER BECAME SRI , KA.
THE SONG SRI GAYATRY CAME FIRST THEN CAME THE SONG KAVAVE.
KA SRI BECAME SRI , KA BECAUSE WE TELL THE SACRED THING IN A REVERSE WAY. RAMA AS MARA, GITA AS TYAGI. PROKSHA PRIYA IVATI DEVA.
ANY WORK WE START BY PRAYING GANESHA TO REMOVE OBSTACLES.
FOR SEEING THIS SONG LOOK LIKE THIS IS IN PRAISE OF GAYATRY. BUT THIS IS IN PRAISE OF GANESHA. THE REASON IS THE WHOLE CHARANAM IS MOVING ON THE LETTER GA INDICATING GAM GANAPATAYE NAMAHA. THE POWER OF GANESHA IS ALSO THERE IN THIS SONG. ON ANY AUPICIOUS DAY WE START ANY PUJA WITH GANESA PUJA. FOR THIS WE PREPARE GANESHA WITH PASUPU (YELLOW COLOUR PASTE) WHICH IT INDICATES MOTHER. HIRANYA VARNAM HARINIM SAYS SRI SUKTAM. GANESHA IS MALE GENDER. GANESHI IS FOR FEMALE.

O.S.RAMAKRISHNA

meena

Post by meena »

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Please do not type in 'caps' makes it very hard to read ur posts. thanku

ogirala sri ramakrishna

srimad deviganasudha is a mantra sastra grantha.
it is having essence of all the mantras.
song mantra
sri gayatry gayatry
devi gayatry -do-
apara krupanidhi -- do--
omtariga videsamulaku maha mruthumjaya
papame gwaradi dhanvantary
sadguru dattatreya
ravamma rajarajeswari
sri raja rajeswari -- do--
vinnanamma kasi annapurna
sumdari sada tripurasumdari
kameswari kameswari
syamala gatri kali

sadguru sri bhakta gnanananda teertha has seen in his samadhi godess as gayatry , devi kanaka durga, kamchi kamakshi, kali, tripura sumdari, raja rajeswari, chamdi, madhura minakshi, kasi annapurna, parvati, kameswari . after that the following songs came down sponteneously from the depths of his heart as holy ganga.
god song
gayatri sri gayatry
devi kanaka durga devi kanakadurgaamba
kamchi kamakshi devi kamakshi
madhura minakshi madhura minakshi
tripura sumdari sumdari sada
kameswari kameswari
kasi annapurna vinna namma janani
kali syamalagatry
raja rajeswari ravamma janani
kameswari kameswari
parvati adi shakti samkari

o s rama krishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

bhakta gnanananda teertha uses to say in his life time that the pujas we do will reach god like an ordinary post card and if we sing a song with devotion that will reach god like a fax message. when sending a fax we say reply by return fax. when ever there is a problem he uses to convey his problem to gayatry in the form of a song ( he composes a song ). after receiving that message gayatry uses to send a reply for that or she uses to appear to him in a dream or some times simply she will run down to his place from heaven to attend his jobs.
1. once he got a job as principal of a music college in kaulalampur in the country malasia in 1940s. he was ready to go. he was prearing for departure. at that time he was at repalle in guntur district of andhra pradesh. after hearing this news his admirers in chennai c.rajaji, chitoor nagaiah etc have arrranged a fare well party in his honour. after the puja he has to catch the train on that auspicious friday. after puja a song omtariga videsamulaku anupaka naa vemta ravalenamma in the raga vachaspati. the meaning of the song is he is praying gayatry to accomany him to the foreign country save him from all types of problems, accidents and bless him with victory. after composing the song he left for chennai. after the farewell party he is sleeping in the night. then gayatry appeared to him in a dream and giving reply to his fax message in the form of song.she told him not to go for foreign country. he should live in seclusion without any type of publicity as this was his last birth. she told him some persons will come to him with a proposal.he should accept that proposal and go with them. after the dream he was very much surprised. he came back. then some persons from kovvur in west godavary district of andhra pradesh came to come to their place as principal of a music college in their place. then bhakta gnanananda teertha cancelled his trip to kaulalampur and came to kovvur.
on one occassion bgt has to prepare the food in the house. he has started cokking in the morning 7 am. he simply put hte utensils with rice,dal etc. after that he started puja. after puja he started singing songs. he has forgotten the time . at 2pm one child approached him asked him for the food. then he has realised his duty. after entering into the kitchen he has found to his surprise that the whole food was prepared. hten he has composed a song vinnanamma janani ni katha lenno in the raga maniramgu. he has to offer naivedyam to god. he has forgotten about cokking and deeply involved in the singing of divine songs. then gayatry herself came to earth to his house as kasi annapurna prepared his food. she has taken her prasad left the remaining to her devotee and went back to her abode.

o s ramakrishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Once Bhakta Gnanananda Teertha attending a concert of his friend at Kovvur. during the concert the artist making swarakalpana for a kriti. One personrequested the artist to stop swarakalpana as many couldnot understand it . for this comment bgt became angry and started leaving the concert. then he composedthe song swara janitomkara nada khamda pamjarapuchiluka nemarakabhajimparainthe raga arabhi.this song is onthescience of music.this song explains the importance of swarakalpana in music.

o s ramakrishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Bhakta Gnanananda teertha coposes a song under the influence of an incident due to which he may get happiness or sorrow. one day he was going to take bath in the river godavary. while going he observed some persons weeping before a dead body with whom he has no relation ship.
after seeing the incident he was mentally disturbed. he has reached the river. but he was unable to take bath due to the effect of the earlier incident. then suddenly a song started comming. at that time he was having a towel and his kamandal only, neither a pen nor pencil nor paper. then he looked around. then he find a piece of coal which was used in the rituals of a dead person. then he has noted down the song epudaina bhinnamau dani koraku imta mamata etike manasa in the raga khamas. the song says this human body may disappear at any time. so don't be crazy about the body. this was a philosophyical song composed by bhakta gnanananda teertha. his songs can be classified into 3 types.
1. bhakti 2. gnana (knowledge ) . 3. vairagya (philosophy)

o s rama krishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Jayadeva's compositions are bearing the title as gita govimdam.

narayana teertha's compositions are bearing the title as krishna lila taramgini.

gnanananda teertha's compositions are bearing the title as srimad deviganasudha.

after jayadeva and narayana teertha bhakta gnanananda teertha was another saint composer in the history of carnatac music to compose songs with a title as srimad deviganasudha.

o.s.ramakrishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

The song kavave kamlakshi in the raga jaganmohini was the first song composed in 1930s by bhakta gnanananda teertha , the saint composer of carnatac music of 20th century .

the song manasa sada sivamanini in the raga surata was the first song composed by him with the mudra as gnanananda teertha in the year 1982.

paratpari siva kameswari in the new raga srinathanamda vardhani was the last song composed by him in the year 1985 .

he has used 3 mudras.
1. raghava upto the year1981.
2. gnanananda teertha from the year1982.
3. deviganasudha, the name of his book containing his songs appears as mudra in place of his name.

bhakta gnanananda teertha was the first saint composer in the history of carnatac music to compose songs with mudras like this .

in the year 1982 he was given permission to use the spiritual title gnanananda teertha given to him by his spiritual guru sri nathanamda teertha when he was 18 years old at kalahasti when he did penance under his guidance without food.

o.s . ramakrishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Ghana raga kritis of bhakta gnanananda teertha

bhakta gnananandateertha has composed 3 ghana raga kritis .

Pancharatna kritis of saint gnanananda teertha

1. sadguru chrana saroruha bhakti vina in the raga behag.this song was in praise of sadguru
2. namasumarchana jetu sadasivanayaki in the raga mayamalava gowla .
this song to worship the guru with flowers.
3. vuraka dorakuna in the ghana raga arabhi.
4. tanve dharmardha in the ghana raga gowla.
5. rare ramanulamta in the ghana raga kedara which belong to another set of ghana ragas.

pancha ratna kritis are identified by me after the maha samadhi of bhakta gnanananda teertha for singing during his aaradhana festival.

his aradhana festival starts with the rendering of these pancha ratna kritis.

os ramakrishna

mnsriram

Post by mnsriram »

1. sadguru charana saroruha bhakti vina in the raga behag.this song was in praise of sadguru
2. namasumarchana jetu sadasivanayaki in the raga mayamalava gowla .
this song to worship the guru with flowers.
Could you please post these krithis or point me to where these are available?

Thanks

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Sadguru -- raga behag

pallavi : sadguru charana saroruha bhaki vina sadgati koorchu susadhanamu ledanna ; sadguru ;

anupallavi : sadgunayuta samadamaadi sampadanidi chidghanaanamda
sudhakarudai velige : sadguru charana :

charanam : atulita bhava bhaya baadhalanachi
sugyaana tatini goorchu para tatva chaturude
hitamumira nitya nityamula bodhimchi
satatamu raghava manasa sannutudau sri : sadguru :

the word chidghanaanamda sudhakara indicates that bhakta gnanananada teertha was a paramahamsa.

o s rama krishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

nama sumarchana --- raga mayamalava gowla

pallavi : nama sumarchana jetu sadasiva nayaki nii charanambujamulaku
sata : nama sumarchana :

anu pallavi : komala gaatri kumara janani vamini kameswari varadayaki yani : nama sumarchana :

charanam : tulasi bilva chamamti punnaga malle maruva
karaveera kamalamulache
vullamu ramjilla ella velalana
pallava pani bhavani raghavuni
yanamta :nama sumarchana:

bhakta gnanananda teertha uses to tell his devotees to sing this song regularly when you are unable to do your puja.

atmtaryagam which was told in sri vidhyopasana was re told in this song.

o s rama krishna

mnsriram

Post by mnsriram »

Dear Sri Rama krishna, a better way of propagating these krithis is by publishing audios of the krithis (if they are not commercial). While we all appreciate the information you have been posting, we can appreciate this better with the audio. You can then take one krithi at a time and you can explain the rAgAm, sAhityam, relevance etc., one at a time.

Please let me know if there is anything I can help with in this regard.

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Dear mnsriram

my purpose of propagating these songs is to preserve the life and compositions of h h bhakta gnanananda teertha(bgt). i don't have any commercial value. this is not a business for me.

once one musician learnt a song from bgt . after that musician started singing this song by adding his name as mudra after removing the mudra of sgt ie raghava.
after seeing this incident sgt decided to publish his songs just to preserve the songs presented by gayatry to the mankind through him. due to this belief only sgt never sold his book in the market. once he has seen in samadhi gayatry in the form of his book deviganasudha. after the samadhi he composed the song amdukonavamma oo tripura sumdari in the raga saveri. in the charanam he says like this

bhava raga talamula jata goorchi
pavanamagu ni namakshara gana prabhavamuche
bhakti vahinilo sri deviganasudhakrutiga ninu joochiti namma.

sgt has seen gayatry in non living thing ie his book deviganasudha.
due to this only he never sold his book in the market during his life time.
i am also following his guide lines.

i couldnot understand what you mean publishing audio of kritis. explain further.

i am devoloping a site ogiralaveeraraghavasharma.com
which is apearing now in a modified version.

i wish to up load all the 85 songs composed and sung by bhakta gnanananda teertha. i want to know about financial implications of this.

sgt has advised me during his life time not to do any business with these songs.

o s ramakrishna

ogirala sri ramakrishna

h h bhakta gnanananda teertha ( sri ogirala veera raghava sarma garu) the saint composer of carnatac music of 20th century composed a song on guru in the raga behag in praise of his spiritual guru srinathanamda teertha.

pallavi ; sadguru charana saroruha bhakti vina sadgati koorchu susadhanamu ledanna ; sadfguru ;

anupallavi ; sadgunayuta sama damaadi sampadanidi
chidghanaananda sudhakarudai velige ; sadguru ;

charanam ; atulita bhavabhaya baadha lanachi
sugnana tatini goorchu para tatva chaturude
hitamu meera nityaanityamula bodhimchi
satatamu raghava manasa sannutudau sri ; sadguru ;

in the charanam the word chid ghanaananda sudhakarudu indicates that bhakta gnanananda teertha was a paramahamsa.

in one way it is in praise of guru.

in the other way it is in praise of devi gayatry .

this is one spiritual lesson taught to me by gayatry in the form of kamakhya at assam during my stay there during 2001-2004.

this song explains the qualities of a sadguru and what he will do for his disciple.

this is one of the pancharatna kritis of bhakta gnanananda teertha.

o s ramakrishna

mnsriram

Post by mnsriram »

Dear Sri Rama krishna, I completely understand your concern. By publishing I meant uploading the krithis and posting the links here. But if you intend to make these available via the website, even better. I am not sure of any financial implications though. But, if you need any help with converting any tapes to MP3s I can help.

Regards,
srIrAm

Ramachandrudu

Post by Ramachandrudu »

I have uploaded "Meenakshi" from Devigana Sudha rendered by Smt B Vimala, daughter and desciple of Sri Ogirala Veera Raghava Sarma.

Your Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/28394950/Mee ... a.mp3.html

Regards

Ramachandrudu

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Ramachandrudu
Apologies for not responding earlier. Thanks for uploading. Its nice. Do post others too.

Ramachandrudu

Post by Ramachandrudu »

drshrikaanth

Thank you

I have uploaded "Manasuna" from Deviganasudha rendered by Smt B Vimala,daughter and desciple of OVRS

your download link: http://rapidshare.de/files/28997491/Man ... a.mp3.html

Ramachandrudu

Post by Ramachandrudu »

drshrikaanth

I have uploaded "Nede Ninnu" from Deviganasudha rendered by Smt B Vimala, daughter and desciple of OVRS.

Your download link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/29000954/Ned ... a.mp3.html

Ramachandrudu

Post by Ramachandrudu »

drshrikanth

I have uploaded 'enchi nee namamu' from Deviganasudha rendered by Smt B Vimala, daughter and desciple of OVRS

Your download link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/29001932/Yen ... a.mp3.html

Ramachandrudu

Post by Ramachandrudu »

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

First of all thanks for all the songs. Some suggestions.

1- Post them gradually, one or 2 at a time rather than the whole lot. It becomes difficult to download and also to savour

2- When posting, please indicate the rAga and tALa as well for the composition posted..

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Dear Ramachandrudu
it will be extremely useful if you can also post the lyrics!

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Lyrics of songs you will get in telugu on the net andhrabahrati.com in title kirtanalu
and with notation in telugu and tamil you get in the site bhakta gnanananandateertha ogiralaveeraraghavasharma.com. uploading of songs with notation is in progress.

bhakta gnanananada teertha has composed 85 songs in 57 ragas and 9 types of different talas.
thodi raga-- 4 songs
samkarabharanam -- 2
bhairavi -- 2
purvikalyani -- 3
mukhari -- 2
kedara -- 2
ritigowla -- 4
aarabhi--3
pharaj -- 3
saaveri --3
maya malava gowla -- 4
madhamavati --2
gowla --2
mohana --3
surata -- 2
sudha dhanyasi -- 2
manaramgu -- 2
kedara gowla -- 2

one song was composed in the ragas kalyani, anamdabhairavi, bilahari, kanada,pranavapriya(new raga ), srinathanamda ramjani(new raga),valaji, jaganmohini,sama, athana, shanmukhapriya, jamjhuti, rudrapriya, kharaharapriya, himdola, vakulabharanam, dhanyasi, abhogi, behag, huseni, athana, vachaspati, mamdara, khamas, maniramgu, darbar, regupti, begada, janaramjani, vivardhani, saaramga, kambhoji,varali, keeravaani, maniramgu, sama, bahudhari,chakravakam,gnananamda vardhani (gambhira nata ) .

thesongs composed in different talas

adi tala - 57
rupaka tala -- 09
jhampe -- 2
khamda triputa -- 06
tisra triputa -- 3
misra chaapu -- 2
samkeerna triputa -- 2
khada jaati ata tala -- 2
misra jhampe -- 2

o s ramakrishna

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Here are the lyrics for most of the uploaded songs:

mInAkSi nIdu (varNa). rAgA: tODi. Adi tALA.

P: mInAkSi nIdu pada pankajamule mikkili nammitinamma madhura
A: mArAriki priyamAninI maNivaina mahAeshvari budhajana manObhISTadAyi nI amba
C: dArijupi bhava kAnanameTu dATintuvO

manasuna ninnE. rAgA: bhairavi. tripuTa tALA.

P: manasuna ninnE guri jEsi marulu konnAnu rAve amba
A: dIna samrakSaki nA dikku nIvani telisi
C: tripurabhairavi nA trippaTalella telisi krpa sEyavale gAni kOpamuyelane
sAparAdhini nI sadbhaktigala prApu gUrcuTaku shiva prANanAyaki rAghavuni

nEDE ninnu. rAgA: Anandabhairavi. cApu tALA.

P: nEDE ninnuu sEvimpavale gAni nityamugA I tanuvu niluva nErcu
A: vatigA kAma kRodhamulacE penakoni kaDaku kAlunibAri kaDakaNTlubaDa mElE
C: aSta vargamu naNaci anniTa nIvai veligE antarbhAvamu delasi
parama dayAnidhi nI padamulE gatiyani durita hAriNi rAghavuni duDukudIra

enci nI nAmamu. rAgA: vakuLabharaNa. Adi tALA.

P: enci nI nAmamu nA madilO smarincedane shiva kanci kAmAkSi amba
A: sancitamula hariyinci sanAtani vancena jEyaka varamulosagumani
C: panca bANuni dahincina dora bhrami incina nI sogasenca nA tarame
cencalAkSi karuNinca samayamE ancitamuga rAghavuDu susvaramutO

pArvati niraparAdhi. rAgA: gauLa. Adi tALA.

P: pArvati niraparAdhi nA gati pArajUci paripAlintuvO shivasati
A: pUrvArjita karmAdhInuDaina bhuvi puTTi kIlu bommakai vaDiyADitine
C: cedarani bhakti kudaraka konnALLu vadalani sudatula valapula konnALLu
madamAtsaramula marigi konnALLu tudagati rAghavuniki dOcaka konnALLu gadace

sumacara haravara. rAgA: AbhOgi. Adi tALA.

P: sumacara haravara sudatI pArvati sulabhamugA bhavajaladhi dATimpavE
A: kamalEkSaNi dhanadhAra sutulapai mamatavITi ninnE marimari vEDiti
C: Agama vidhiyuta svAgamosagi rAga rahituDai ranjilla pUjinci
rAga tALa svara rakti bhaktinjnAna yOgamucE ninu vEDu rAghavu nIvELa
yOga sukha. rAgA: aThANA. rUpaka tALA.

P: yOga sukha viyOguna kanu rAgameTu janaincu nIpai amba
A: bhOga janita viSayAdula tyAgigAka virAginani palku
C: vArani bhava vAridhi dATu taraNivai kaDatErtuvanuka
manasAra nI pada sArasa bhakti kOriyunna rAghavuni jnAna

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Thanks Lakshman. Its very helpful to all to have lyrics in English.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

That is great! Thanks a lot LakShman!
Perhaps Sarma when he gets the time can give us the translation!

kiransurya

Post by kiransurya »

mInAkSi nIdu (varNa). rAgA: tODi. Adi tALA.

P: mInAkSi nIdu pada pankajamule mikkili nammitinamma madhura
Oh Goddess meenakshi!!! I rely on your lotus feet ardently..
A: mArAriki priyamAninI maNivaina mahAeshvari budhajana manObhISTadAyi nI amba
You are the beloved to Lord Shiva and you are the protector of all the peers
C: dArijupi bhava kAnanameTu dATintuvO
When would you come for my rescue from this miserable life

manasuna ninnE. rAgA: bhairavi. tripuTa tALA.

P: manasuna ninnE guri jEsi marulu konnAnu rAve amba
Oh mother!!It is you that I think of all the time
A: dIna samrakSaki nA dikku nIvani telisi
knowing that you are my saviour
C: tripurabhairavi nA trippaTalella telisi krpa sEyavale gAni kOpamuyelane
Oh Bhairavi you being omniscient, should be kind to me
sAparAdhini(???) nI sadbhaktigala prApu gUrcuTaku shiva prANanAyaki rAghavuni
?????

nEDE ninnu. rAgA: Anandabhairavi. cApu tALA.

P: nEDE ninnuu sEvimpavale gAni nityamugA I tanuvu niluva nErcu
A: vatigA kAma kRodhamulacE penakoni kaDaku kAlunibAri kaDakaNTlubaDa mElE
C: aSta vargamu naNaci anniTa nIvai veligE antarbhAvamu delasi
parama dayAnidhi nI padamulE gatiyani durita hAriNi rAghavuni duDukudIra

enci nI nAmamu. rAgA: vakuLabharaNa. Adi tALA.

P: enci nI nAmamu nA madilO smarincedane shiva kanci kAmAkSi amba
Mother Kamakshi!!! I choose to worship you all the time
A: sancitamula hariyinci sanAtani vancena jEyaka varamulosagumani
Without cheating me,bless me by getting rid of all my troubles
C: panca bANuni dahincina dora bhrami incina nI sogasenca nA tarame
cencalAkSi karuNinca samayamE ancitamuga rAghavuDu susvaramutO
You stole the heart of lord shiva, this is the time for you to be kind to me....

Sumacara haravara. rAgA: AbhOgi. Adi tALA.

P: sumacara haravara sudatI pArvati sulabhamugA bhavajaladhi dATimpavE
Oh Parvathi!!! you are lord shiva`s consort. Help in crossing this life full of miseries
A: kamalEkSaNi dhanadhAra sutulapai mamatavITi ninnE marimari vEDiti
Oh lotus eyed!!!! I stopped thinking of all the materials things, your the one I always think of
C: Agama vidhiyuta svAgamosagi rAga rahituDai ranjilla pUjinci
rAga tALa svara rakti bhaktinjnAna yOgamucE ninu vEDu rAghavu nIvELa
yOga sukha.
?????

CML
I tried to give only running meaning for the songs that I could. Iam sure Sarma will take it from there and elaborate them ...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

thanks kiran! That is adequate since these nice music should be relished meaningfully. I am sure Sarma will complete the task. These songs are nice to be sung during the forthcoming navarathri season!

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

Jaisrikrishna/Lakshman

I have uploaded the kriti Padaaravindamule in rag Pranavapriya

Your Download link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/29493156/Pad ... a.MP3.html

Regards

B Vimala
daughter and desciple of
Bhakta Gnanananandateertha
Shri Ogirala Veera Raghava Sarma

ogirala sri ramakrishna

Bhakkta gnanananda teertha composed the song ravamma janani in the raga ritigowla during navaratri pujas during his life time. he uses to invite the mother gayatry with this song .
pallavi : ravamma janani sri rajarajeswari maa imti daka
anupallavi : bhavajari hari brahmendradi sura ganamula goodi : ravamma :
charanam : ragillu sarannava ratrulamdu nii seva
moju teeragajesi mrokkeda sastamgamuga
ee janmamamde nee krupa erpada
joochi raghavuni brova :ravamma

bhakta gnanananda teerthas songs are more suitable foe singing during the holy navaratry days.

like syama sastry he also composed the songs only on devi.
in the other way he was another incarnation of syamasastry.
syama sastry composed songs on kamchikamakshi, madhurameenakshi etc during his visits to those places.

bhakta gnanananda teertha composed the songs on kamchi kamakshi, madhura meenakshi, kasi annapurna etc the places which he never visited during his life time. in somecases he was inspired by the godesses themself to compose a song in their praise.

os ramakrishna

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

I have rendered and uploaded
sadguru charana saroruha bhakti vina
raga behag
Tal Khandatriputa
Composer:OVRS

Your download link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/30911735/Sad ... a.wav.html

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi

Regards

B Vimala
H-17 Sector-7
Vashi, Navi Mumbai-400703
022-27822154

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Thank you Vimala.
I have reduced the file size of sadguru and converted to m4a file. It is one tenth the size of the original file (4.8 vs 48 mb). Those who want can download

http://www.rogepost.com/dn/1kig/Sadguru ... Vimala.m4a

Vimala Bulusu

Post by Vimala Bulusu »

Please visit
http://www.esnips.com/web/deviganasudha

I have uploaded the following kritis from Deviganasudha by OVRS rendered by me:

Manasuna_Bhairavi_Tishratriputa
Yogasukha_Athana_rupak
Devikanakadurgamba_Rudrapriya_Adi
Devigayatri_Huseini_Adi
Meenakshi_Varnam_Todi_Adi
Padaravindamule_Pranavapriya_Adi