G.N. Balasubramaniam (GNB)

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
cmlover

Post by cmlover »

GNB was dubbed the prince of Carnatic Music. He towers in looks as well as genius above all stars in the CM Galaxy - past and present. Shall we discuss his greatness with rare selections, anecdotes and reminiscence.

To start with here is a rare glimpse of the Maestro in action during his younger days.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13473281/GNB--Rare.jpg.html

(Chembai
Please incorporate this as the starter page! Thanks
)
I have resized the image for better clarity and faster loading... please download original from above link for printing purposes if required ~ Admin

No wonder he was the heart-throb by sheer looks alone in those days.

Perhaps we could start with his own compositions.

May I request Lakshman to give us a list. We can then start followup with renderings by him from the archives. For a starter you may get a glimpse of GNB the great from

http://www.sangeethapriya.org/~gnb/

We would also invite GB Rajasekhar (GBR) to join us and share his fond recollections of his dad!

Please all of you join and contribute!

meena

Post by meena »

----
Last edited by meena on 06 May 2008, 04:10, edited 1 time in total.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Here are GNB's compositions:

Inkevarunnaru nannu brova ishvari-Shubhapantuvarali-Adi
Mahadeva manoranjani-Ranjani-Rupaka
Adagaleni anni-Varali-Adi
Amboruha padame nammiti akhila jagan (tv)-Ranjani-Adi
Bharama i baluni brova parashakti patita Hamsanada-Adi
Bhuvanatraya sammohanakara-Mohana-Adi
Dasha shata dala sarojasane-Hamsanada-Adi
Dhim tadhim tanana dhirana (t)-Hamsanandi-Adi
En mana tamarai mel en taye-Ritigaula-Adi
Enta ninu veditine-Chandrahasitam-Rupaka
Ento moralida leda inta tamasamela-Kannada-Rupaka
Eppudu ni krpa-Bhairavi-Adi
Gati verevaramma kamakshyamma-Bhairavi-Chapu
Inta paraku nive jesite endu bodune-Bhairavi-Adi
Kamala charane kanakarune karunamrita rasa-Amritabehag-Adi
Kamala vasini mam pahi (tv)-Gavati-Adi
Kamalasini sundari kamari manohari-Kalyani-Rupaka
Kanavilum kamala kazhalinai tanaiye-Shriranjani-Adi
Karanamemi kanane karuna galga lekayunna-Andolika-Rupaka
Karimukha varada mam palaya-Nata-Adi
Karuna juda rada talli tanayudane vada-Shahana-Adi
Karuninchi kapaduta (tv)-Yadukulakambhoji-Ata
Kavalai ellam kalaindiduvadun-Sarasvati-Adi
Kuvalayakshi kushalam kuru bhavaroga (tv)-Kadanakutuhala-Adi
Madurapuri kalyani matanga tanaye-Purvikalyani-Chapu
Maha tripura sundari mampahi-Kambhoji-K/Triputa
Mama kuleshvaram shastaram santatam-Todi-T/Eka
Manam irangada marmam edo-Ravichandrika-Adi
Manasaragane nammaka leda ma talli-Abhogi-Adi
Manasu rada mayamma-Samakadambari-Adi
Manava kula bhushana-Hindola-M/Jhampa
Manavati nannu sada-Todi-Rupaka
Mangala varadayaki shashimukhi-Kadanakutuhala-Adi
Mara koti sundari manini mamava sada-Bahudari-Adi
Maravanune ninnu maravanune marakata-Arabhi-Adi
Marivera gati nakevaru i mahilona ninnu-Malavi-Adi
Mohanakrishna jagan-Kadanakutuhala-Adi
Na moralenu vinarada narayani nato vada-Narayani-Rupaka
Naka bhaya vara mosagi nannu brovave-Natakuranji-Rupaka
Nannu brova nikaruda namida dayaleda-Chenchukambhoji-Rupaka
Ni allal ini yarennai karpar nidam uraikka-Kanada-Adi
Ni charanambujamunu neranammiti-Kiravani-Adi
Ni daya galguno nirupama karuna sagari-Shanmukhapriya-Adi
Ni daya rada nirajakshi na taramerigi (tv)-Andolika-Adi
Ni padame gati nalinakantimati-Nalinakanti-Rupaka
Ni samanamevaru lerani ne pogada-Shubhapantuvarali-Adi
Ni velayinche endu bodhana-Chayaranjani-Adi
Ninnu pogada tarama talli-Kuntalavarali-Adi
Ninnu vina vere gati evaramma-Ritigaula-Adi
Ninnu vina verevaru nannu rakshimchuduru-Malavi-Rupaka
Niratamuga ninne sharananti niraja sam-Udayaravichandrika-Adi
Niravadhi sukha dayaki ninne nammaka-Malayamaruta-Rupaka
Nirupamana shubhaguna-Kedaragaula-Adi
Nive nannu paripalinchavamma ninne namminanu i vela-Ranjani-Adi
Pada bhajana sadanandame parameshvari-Khamas-Rupaka
Pada malarinaiye paninden taye-Begada-Adi
Parama kripa sagari pahi parameshvari-Yadukulakambhoji-Rupaka
Paramukham elanamma paradhinapati-Kanada-Adi
Paritapamu leka patita napai parihasa-Shanmukhapriya-Adi
Porumaiyai izhanden bhuvaneshvariye-Simhendramadhyam-Adi
Ranjani niranjani ratna kanchukabharana-Ranjani-Adi
Sada ninne sharanantini-Natabhairavi-Rupaka
Sada palaya sarasakshi samana rahita-Mohana-
Sakala kala vani sakala loka karani (tv)-Hindola-Adi
Sama gana lole lalita gunajale amba-Hindola-Rupaka
Samana rahite amba sajjanamano-Sarangatarangini-Rupaka
Santatamu ninne koritini sakala bhagya-Valaji-Adi
Sarasakshi sada nammiti (tv)-Varali-Adi
Sarasijakshi ni sada palaya-Margahindola-Adi
Sarasvati namostute sharade vidyaprade-Sarasvati-Rupaka
Shankara mahadeva manohari charambujamunu-Devamanohari-Adi
Sharatchandra nibhanane-Vinadhari-Rupaka
Shivananda kamavardhini shive pahi-Kamavardhini
Shri chakra raja nilaiye shivashakti-Shivashakti-Adi
Sujana manasa hamsanantini-Hamsanandi-Adi
Tamasamika talanu tapatraya shamani-Abhogi-Rupaka
Taramu gadamma daya-Purvikalyani-Adi
Tillana (dhim tadhim tanana dhirana)-Hamsanandi-Adi
Tom tana tadhira (t) Hamsanandi-Adi
Unnadiye gati enradainden taye unmai ni-Bahudari-Adi
Vadareramma ni pada mahima inchu-Saveri-Adi
Vara vallabha ramana vighna harana-Hamsadhvani-Adi
Varada nipuna nalina charane natajana-Purnachandrika-Adi
Vinuta palini gada vega-Shivashakti-Adi

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thanks Lakshman!

I am sure the lyrics too are available as we get the renderings posted. Let us take them one or two at a time and listen to GNB (if not his sishyas) so that we can appreciate the fine points of the compositions.

Now coolkarni/Badri/Others pl help. It will be nice to know the accompanists wherever possible and also the year (if available). It will be nice also to know the context of the composition if GBR has any records.

Thanks meena for those links!

Now
Summary of what is stated inTamil:
"Ananda Vikatan (Tamil magazine)and (late) Vasan (founder editor) played a fundamenatal role in the growth of Carnatic Music. Their service through the magazine has spread universally. The (late) Mali's pictures of Maestros of CM is living proof of Vikatan's contribution to CM. The ecstatic singer GNB pictured in youth was great not just in music but also in looks. There are additional pictures of Ariyakkudi Ramanuja Iyengar, Rajamanikkam Pillai (In other pages not included here!. This is indeed a collector's item. Thanks to Vikatan for creating the images..."

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

I can probably provide most of the lyrics of GNB's songs.

abadri

Post by abadri »

CMLsir,

From the musical nirvana link that Meena has posted:-
He did not as we all know sing his own compositions - about 250 of them - in concerts
except for the beautiful Paramakripa in Yadukula Kambojhi.

Here it is:- [rapidshare links deleted]

meena

Post by meena »

cml/badri

Also if u both recall (am copying and posting Sir GBR post from How do You appreciate CM? thread)

"he is considered a great composer by many but not by himself,, he used to call which ever disciple he had at the time, dictate the notation and the lyric and he forgot about it,, inevitably someone would hear about it and ask him to tech to them and he would oblige.. i have heard from my uncle, that on many occasions he has sung them to Dr S.Ramanathan after composing them ,, he never sang them in public. It took a lot of effort from TR Balu to make him publish his first book Gana Bhaskara Mani Malai.. The publisher's name was mine. Raja Publications,, as i was the youngest child and his pet.."

new_cmfan

Post by new_cmfan »

Lakshmanji
I have heard a song called sudhA mAdhurya in vandanatAriNi that isn't in your list. Is that by GNB? I thought it was...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Lakshman Lyrics please!

meena/badri

Realize the difficulty of getting GNB self rendering! Let us wait and see whether there are any home recordings. I am sure there are those by his sishyas. I wonder whether GBR could share any!

I thought vandanadArini was introduced by GNB accidentally as the first part of 'sonnaithai cheithida saakasama', a blockbuster in the early days. Would love to hear a composition in that raga!

new_cmfan

Post by new_cmfan »

CML - hope you like it - the only song i have heard in vandanatAriNi
http://rapidshare.de/files/13515419/1-0 ... tAriNi.mp3

meena

Post by meena »

Can we also have a list of rAgA's invented by sree gnb pl.
thanku

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thanks new-cmfan

That was a sheer delight. Apparently this is a GNB composition and has been sung by sudha as well! I hope Lakshman could clarify the omission! Nice to have the lyric too!

Also I would second meena's request...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Let me add the one I know for sure
Siva Sakthi.
And apparently there is an anecdote connected with it! Does anybody know the details?

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

As far as I know sudhA mAdhurya bhASiNi is NOT a composition of GNB. Perhaps GBR can verify this.
Here are the lyrics for the two uploaded files.

paramakrpA sAgari. rAgA: yadukulakAmbhOji. rUpaka tALA.

P: paramakrpA sAgari pAhi paramEshvari
A: padmanAbha sOdari bhaktipriya shankari sarasijabhava hariharanudEndu shEkhari
C: sakala vEdAgama sArE sAdhu hrdaya vihArE nikhila bhuvanAdhArE nityAnandakarE
nirupama kAnta sharIrE nIlakaNTha manOharE shrI mahA tripurasundari shrI gaNEsha
skanda janani smara dahana shiva vAma taruNi cintAmaNi manOnmaNi

sudha madhurya bhASiNi. rAgA: vandanadhAriNi. Adi tALA.

P: sudhA mAdhurya bhASiNi amba sukha svarUpiNi kalyANi niranjani
A: sadAnanda lahari shankari sakala lOka janani pAhimAm
C: kamalAlaya taTa nivAsini kamalE suta phaladAyini
paramEshvari shrI pArvati patita pAvani pApa vimOcani

meena

Post by meena »

Lji

sudhA mAdhurya in vandanatAriNi is listed as sree GNB comp-

December Season 2003 ? OS Thyagarajan Concert album pl check the link for details:

DELETED
Last edited by meena on 08 May 2008, 05:51, edited 1 time in total.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

We all know of the many errors made on inlay cards of cassettes and CDs. I would prefer to wait for the comments of GBR on this song. See comments below with respect to another song.
For many years it was believed that the composer of tandai tAi in SaNmukhapriyA was Ponniah Pillai. But now we know that it is a composition of GKB
rAgAs innovated by GNB are: shivashakti, sArangatarangiNI, amrtabehAg and possibly sAmakAdambari.

gb_rajasekar

Post by gb_rajasekar »

Dear Rasikas,
Thanks for all the compliments about my father. We in the family are definitely not sure about Vandanadarini and later on it was confirmed by many people that it was his composition. The first we heard it was by a disciple of Sri S.Kalyanaraman. Then the plausibility improved , and as i had written earlier and quoted by Meena,
my father never kept any record of his compositions. I do have a handwritten manuskript of some compositions in a notebook, where there are notations for some compositions he learnt and also a few he wrote- possibly in his later years.

i will try and post a sample when i return to Bangalore tomorrow, as I am in Mumbai today.

Some of the Rare - ragas or his discovery ( use of the word creation is dubious as I am not sure a raga can be created) - composing and naming.. like the stars in the galaxy.

are

Amrita Behag.
Siva Sakthi ( Indication of the nine swaras as in the nine peedas of the Srichakram and - see the number nine even in the name of the raga and the nine swaras in the avohanam and avarohanam)
Chandrahasitam
chayaranjini
Gavati ( a Hindustani raga- first heard by him sung by Sri Bade Ghulam Ali Khan Saheb-- he first made a signal tune _ filler between programs on the radio- with this raga and then made a varnam- the carnatic version of the same and with vakra prayogas...)

As quoted by Meena, there are no proper records and all pieces -- really as he never wrote it down,, only dictated them to his disciple of the moment with the notations and taught them when his disiciples wanted to hear them.. this also not in his own handwriting as it was very bad similar to a doctors prescription.. my grand father used to joke that if my father wrote a letter to him, he had to come and read it to him himself.

As per TRS, he once changed the wording of one song after hearing TRS suggestion about the propriety of the meaning of a word...

As per TNK, he used to sing and show it to him. I think he used them as a sounding board. I have met a disiciple of Sri Dr. S. Ramanathan in Bangalore , who knew a few of his compositions as Dr S.Ramanathan had taught them to her..

There are three of his published compositions, the latest being the one released on 13th November with a foreword by Dr M. Balamuralikrishna.

More on Vandanadarini-- he used this raga in the ragamalika Sonnathai Seithida -- released when he was quite young.. you also find quite a few rare ragas in his ragamalika slokas like Ahiri etc..

Sri Lalgudi said that he has accompanied my father when he sang an elaborate Karaharapriya... in Perambur sangeetha sabha..

Quite a few collectors maintain that there is another Karahapriya is available with someone,, we are still searching for that rarity.. he never sang the raga as he felt there is nothing left for him after the treatment given to it by Sri Semmangudi.

There are a few lecdems of his compositions and I will try to upload them with the help of Sri Kulkarni, by MLV, TVR and also a joint concert by TVR and SK during the release of the second volume of his compositions in 1971.

I have the copies of all the 3 books and I can give notations of any particular song to those interested. I will also try to upload the notation as written by him.

Rgds
Rajasekar

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thank you GBR!

it is always a pleasure to hear from you about your great dad and it is nice of you to offer to share his creations at this forum. We are sure coolkarni would help in having them digitized and formatted to be made available at this Forum. In particular we appreciate very much your adding the personal touch and the history behind these creations. We also welcome his shishya parampara as well as myriads of Rasikas to share their memories and collections (of course with your permission) without let are hindrance! Those of us who had the previlege of listening to him alive have fond memories of the man and his music and would love to pass them on to future generations of CM Lovers as their rightful heritage!

GOD BLESS YOU!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thanks LakShman for the lyrics!

meena
http://carnatica.net/season2004/songlists2.htm
is also a reference where sudha raghunathan has rendered sudha madhurya bhASiNi which is listed as GNB composition. Any way we have it now with authority!

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

CML
GBR just had to give this oK.
(they are all digitised and ready.)

The carpet bombing will now be arranged via detroit(Kalgada) or badri.
But this can be handled without haste and we can definitely take our time in savouring these treasures.
Will work out the schedules with kalgada and badri

AND I MUST QUICKLY ADD THAT I AM AMAZED AT THE KIND OF ATTENTION GBR SHOWERS ON ME WHENEVER WE MEET.
ON BEHALF OF ALL OF US AT THIS FORUM , I HAVE BEEN SO PRIVILEGED TO RECEIVE SUCH ATTENTION AND AFFECTION.

I will definitely propose a meeting with him the next time he visits Chennai , where the rest of you at Chennai can share these wonderful moments.....

gb_rajasekar

Post by gb_rajasekar »

Dear Rasikas,
Thanks for the kind words. Seeing the love and affection you shower on my beloved father, it is the least I can do to tell those details that I know to be true. As I told to Sri Coolkarni, what i am offering is the service the little Anil did for the construction of the Sethu across the Indian Ocean for Lord Rama. The service people like Sri Coolkarni, Ramakrishanan, Krishna Prasad etc do for spreading the treasure they have for all alike spending a lot of their time and energy is something the newer generation must owe a lot. I would welcome anyone of you who can come to Bangalore to visit us.

It is fact that with some collectors, even the family had to pay to get some of his music.. it is sad but true.

I am still amazed at my father, who in his small life span of 55 years has done so much, not only performing so many concerts, but teaching so many sishyas and also composing so many songs in well sung and rare ragas and also to add to the reportoire of the raga bank.. I heard Sri Palghat Raghu mention that from 1936-1955 period when he was one of the percussion accompanyists for his concerts, he has played close to 2000 concerts .

The other thing about The Man- very simple with very very humane values, respect for elders, devotion to his manasika gurus, his mother, and all those near to him, who still cherish the time spent with him , at the same time the best dressed and the most presentable of the musicians of his time.

During the release of his third book of compositions, Mr Cleveland Sundaram mentioned two incidents.

Once in the thirties, my father as an ex student was asked to perform at MCC- Chennai, where the Englishman whose name I forget, was the principal , heard his concert for the whole three hours and after which they started discussion on Milton and Keats as he was also incharge of the dept of English.

He also mentioned another incident, wherein, a russian delegation had come to meet him and wanted a symphony sort of music piece was required , Sri Sundaram took them to my father who was then the Chief Producer of Carnatic Music, composed the same in a very very short time, in a matter of minutes which amazed the group.

I will try to upload this speech also if you are interested.

With warm regards,
Rajasekar

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

coolkarni

We all feel that the courtesy shown to you is a courtesy shown to all of us! No doubt you need to have extra large shoulders ;-)
This forum is fast becoming a sacred temple of CM where the great performers are respected appreciated and remembered. Rasika hordes are the humble devotees who come hither seeking serenity and inner peace through the marvellous magic of CM and their wishes are fulfilled. There is no better psychotherapy available anywhere else! It is now equally important that we have good discussions going so that folks learn how to apply the therapy effectively. If not, we will simply degenerate into a market place purveying pills without labels! The anecdotes are indeed case histories that tell us how our venerable ancestors overcame adversity through Nada Yoga with Divine Grace! By all means let this be a collector's forum. But leave a little recompense in the form of a few lines as to what you liked and why and how it brought sunshine into your lives! The greatest joy one can ever have is the joy of making others happy which is the foundation of the vedic mantra;
sarvE janAH sukhinO bhavantu!

meena

Post by meena »

Hello Sir GBR welcome back!

Nice to hear/learn abt ur father once again here, we all look fwd to it.
The 3 comp. books are they in english?

meena

Post by meena »

cml

thanku for the link

meena

Post by meena »

Deleted
Last edited by meena on 08 May 2008, 05:51, edited 1 time in total.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Meena:
All the books have the lyrics and notations in tamil script.

meena

Post by meena »

Lji
thanku

gb_rajasekar

Post by gb_rajasekar »

Dear Rasikas,

There was an error in my message regarding the incidents mentioned. The one who narrated the incidents was Mr V.K.Viswanathan and not Dr Cleveland Sundaram. Error is regretted.

Rgds
Rajasekar

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

I have been working on the list of songs and i could muster 33 from Kalyanramans concerts.

I will keep posting them 2 or three at a time.

after that I will continue looking up MLV's renderings for the remaining ones.

To start with a Sloka in praise of GNB..
http://rapidshare.de/files/13781483/001 ... b.mp3.html

Next -bhuvanathraya in mohana

http://rapidshare.de/files/13782317/023 ... hana.mp3.h

tm

and the last one for today

http://rapidshare.de/files/13783530/000 ... i.mp3.html

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

bhuvanatraya sammOhanakara. rAGA: mOhana. Adi tALA.

P: bhuvanatraya sammOhanakara shAstAram bhajEham
A: bhavabhaya haraNam bhaktajana santAna saubhAgya varada caraNam
shiva mAdhava tatvaikyava taraNam shabarigiri kOTi sharaNakaraNam
C: kuvalAkSa kuTilALaka mrgamada tilaka kuNDala shobhita vadanam divasakara
kOTi kAnti vijita nirupama sukumAra apahanam
nava jalajA bhayakara kusumacara maNIpAtra kArmukhEsu vahanam
shivara skandAti vAhanArUDha pUrNA puSkalA sahita gamanam

Coolkarni: What is the song in the last file you uploaded?

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thanks coolkarni

No need to hurry! Let us have discussions in parallel. I do hope GBR will add any relevant historical comments. Are there any problems posting sudha or TVR? This is essentially Guru Vandana and I am sure they would welcome it!

Dear Lakshman
It will be nice to have the lyrics posted concurrently so that we can enjoy the music as well as the sahitya!

Mahesh

Post by Mahesh »

Coolkarni: What is the song in the last file you uploaded?
It's Amboruhapadame .. Ranjani varnam by GNB.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

ambOruha pAdamE (varNa). rAgA: ranjani. Adi tALA.

P: ambOruha pAdamE nammiti akhila jaganmAtE nI
A: pankEru hAsanAdi vinutE inkevarunnAru brOva talli
C: inta calamu sEyaka

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

manOjavaM lakShmaNa tulya vEgaM!
(speed of LakShman is equivalent that of the mind!)

sriucl

Post by sriucl »

Coolkarni Sir,

Oops... Posted my request under Kalyanaraman.. Noticed your posting here only now... sorry...thanks

venkatpv

Post by venkatpv »

i have a recording of TRS singing 'Shivananda Kamavardhani' with swarams at 'Bhavani paavani'... and as usual, awesome!!

and obvly, its GNB's composition ;)

sriucl

Post by sriucl »

Could you post that TRS's song please....

Thanks

srivathsan

meena

Post by meena »

sriucl

PLEASE let us first discuss the clips u/l so far of sree gnb. thanku

Trust me all the kritis that Kji/others have promised will be u/l here :) :) :)

meena

Post by meena »

Gosh! I DO sound like an elemenatry school teacher!

venkatpv

Post by venkatpv »

Rotfl :d

whats wrong with the smiley!! :/

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Not to miss out on the invocatory shlOka by Sri Kalyanaraman which was written by one Subramaniam and auditor (GBR any more info on him? Family friend or relative?) here is the lyric (auditioned)

dvijOttamasya kulAtmajasthinE
sa^NgIta sAhitya kalA vidaktinE
gItapriyAya nipuNAya sushiShya bhandhunE
samasta kalyANa guNAya susheela dhImatE
shrI vidyA nAdOpAsana pArAyaNa suk^RitinE
naMo namastE guravE mahAtmanE

The shlOkam is in delectable Sindhubhairavi.

GBR
tell us about GNB's commitment to Sri Vidya! Was he formally initiated?...

gb_rajasekar

Post by gb_rajasekar »

Dear Rasikas,
My father spent the last 10 years of his life studying the various aspects of mantra sastra etc. He was a Sridevi Upasaka and took diksha from Sri Tediyoor Sastrigal. He had Srichakra and Maha Meru and a 8inch idol of his isthadevatha Devi in Panchaloha and used to do pooja daily. when travelling he had a separate box made for his separate idols and carried it with him.

He read extensively on the subject. He has used his diksha nama in the composition in Amrita Behag raga, Kamala Charane-- Vimarsananda,,,, the one and only time he used his name in any of his compositions.

Sri Subramaniam to my knowledge is not related to us..

Rgds
Rajasekar

meena

Post by meena »

cml

thanku for jotting down and posting the sloka text for us.

new_cmfan

Post by new_cmfan »

here is a beautiful rendering of the ranjani varnam by Sudha. Scroll all the way down and look for the "varanam"

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/1/s/artist.6/

new_cmfan

Post by new_cmfan »

cml - can i implore you to translate that beautiful sloka. I get the "gist" of it - through my sketchy knowledge of some of the words. But it would be great to have the complete meaning.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

next one

an all time favourite of mine
Enmana Thamarai-Reethigowla

Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/13996129/019 ... b.mp3.html

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

to you who is the son of a noble brahmin family
to you who is the expert in musical literature and art (sangIta sahitya kalA)
to you who is the kinsman (bound to) the music-loving-expert-splendid disciples
to you who has all the auspicious qualities and one of excellent characteer and of intellect
to you who is indulged in musical meditation of Sri Vidya
prostrations to you Guru and great Soul!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Dear Lakshman!
Lyrics of Enmana Thamarai-Reethigowla
Please!

new_cmfan

Post by new_cmfan »

CML - Many thanks...

Sahana-priyan

Post by Sahana-priyan »

Coolkarni sir,
You just made my (fri)day start brightly with 'En mana thaamarai' sung very nicely by the master. Ambal would have been so pleased by this.

People ask me often what is so good about carnatic music....I just think the feeling is similar to an infant calling for his/her mother..No word can express that in totality..It is just so pleasing for the infant and the mother only...