She was accompanied by MSN Moorthy - Violin, Kallidakurichi Sivakumar - Mridangam The occassion was AnnamachArya Jayanthi .
IMHO,The Language Telugu is inherently most perfect to bring the beauty of carnatic music , but on the other side whenever the krithis are brand new it is very difficult to register sangathis and take notes(there is plus and minus everywhere).Pantula Rama's renditions were all new (excepting 3) for me
1. Slokham -- "Srimad Padmavathi NAtham Seshachaila Nikethanam" - NAttai
2. NamO NamO Raghukula - NAttai
3. Ethudunu NAdu Vithe (R S)- Revagupti or Lalitha ????
4. Korinothu PariKi .... Kopillo?? - yadhukulakAmbodhi???
5. KummAni YediSuthe Nootakamu (R N S) - PoorvikalyAni
6. RAmachandrudu YeeThAdu RaghuVeerudu - DwijAvanthi?
7. Brahma Kadigina PAdhamu - MukhAri
8. araludu KuriyagA (R S T) - ShankArabharanam
9. Brahmam Okate Para - Bowli
10. DolAyam jala DolAyam - KamAs
11. Sharanu Sharanu Surendra Sannutha - Madhupriya
12. Muddugare Yashoda - Kurinji
13. Nagamula Nijemani ??? - YamunakalyAni?
14. Yethimudu NAnugalu - NeelAmbari + ??? (RAgamaliga)
15. Paluku ThelanAkathalli - Abheri ???
16. Murali Murali Jaya Mangalam - Madhyamavathi.
Pantula Rama started with a emotive slokham and followed with a lovely krithi in NAttai. I liked the next Ethudunu the most, excellance in BhAvam , the raga was more like Revagupti? or Lalitha?. The next krithi with lines ..Kopillo was quite good(assuming yadhukulakAmbodhi) .
PoorvikalyAni alApana was perfect and her Neraval "VenkatApathi yani VedA Nilayudani" was executed in a right pace and the swarams was nice. A fast paced DwijAvanthi? was a new experience having always heard 2 popular and slower Dikshitar Krithis.
MukhAri was the second best in her concert, very moving and certainly suiting her voice . ShankArabaranam alApana was nice till the first half. Having attended 4 of her concerts till now ,her one weakness of showing restraint when going towards Upper Sthayi was evident in alApana and swarams of ShankarAbaranam. Overall a very good experience till the main.
But she disappointed a lot packing 8 tukkadas in 37 minutes . Sruti lapse in Brahmam Okate . The popular DolAyam was not appealing. Madhupriya was a new rAga to me and was not good(she announced that Shri Voleti had tuned the krithi) . The popular Kurinji krithi was not very emotive, that you generally get in the Kurinji RAga. Her Nagamula Nijemani was lovely though .Overall during second half, Pantula Rama was excessively experimenting without attaining a desirable perfection.
The violinist was given a minimum chance to play, his PoorvikalyAni was quite good.Mridangist and his Tani was average. Overall 15 krithis in 1 hour and 50 minutes.