kssr wrote:Today, 13th April, I understand it is Sri.R.K.Srikantan..
Sangita Kalanidhi Dr.RK Srikantan- Vocal
Sri. Ramakanth- Support
Sri.B.U.Ganesh Prasad- Violin
Sri. Cheluvaraju- Mridangam
1. Deva Deva Kalayamithe- Mayamalavagowla- Swati- Swaram
2. Nenendu Bethakudura,Hari- Karnataka Behag- Thyagaraja
3. Mari Vere Dik Evaru- Lathangi- Patnam with N, S @ Manasara Ninusara
5.Saroja Naabha- Chakravaham- Swati- Brief Raga
6. Venkatesa Daya Mado- Ananda Bhairavi- Purandaradasa
7. Sri Hari Vallabe- Suddha Dhanyasi- Mysore Vasudevachar
8. Tirupathi Venkata Ramana- Sindhu Bhairavi- P Dasa
9. Mangalam- Madhyamavathi.
As usual, perfect sruti alignment. He positioned his singing fully realising his voice limitation due to age (90). His voice during the latter half from Ananda Bhairavi was very good. His dedication to music, by travelling all the way to Tirumala for this recording, is an inspiration to all youngsters.
A few comments about the arrangements: RKS just wants a chair to sit and sing as he is unable to sit on the floor. But he was provided a low stool / bench without backrest. The bench was piled up with a huge jamakkaLam in the form of a large moottai (bundle). Also, this venue always has swarms of flies disturbing and distracting the artists. Fumigation is essential before concert. ( May be the flies find the music to be sweeter than the laddoos of Tirumala?!!)